How the fuck do you save time on sleeping without frying your brain? Are polyphasic sleep schedules memes?

How the fuck do you save time on sleeping without frying your brain? Are polyphasic sleep schedules memes?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10607034
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Polyphasic sleep falls in the same category as Veganism, CrossFit, Keto Diet and other Snowflakeisms

Oh and I forgot Glutenfree eating without an allergy and genderfluidity

>How the fuck do you save time on sleeping without frying your brain?
You can't. Accept that the human brain needs sufficient sleep to function properly and move on.

they do work, but it's fucking torture trying to switch in/out of a new one. tired all the god-damn time.

and even when it finally sticks, it ends up being pointless because you need to eventually switch back to 'normal' just to be able to hold down a job and fit in with society, doing things at normal times.

not much fun being awake when everybody else is asleep, senpai.

There's pretty much no research on this, so probably a meme not worth researching. Though a factor might be that long-term studies, which are required here, tend to suck because of interferences.

>doing polyphasic
>whoops I have to attend a lecture
>pass out

Of course they are. How in the fuck are you supposed to be able to do anything. I mean you literally can't leave town or go to work because you have to nap every few hours.

The general consensus on polyphasic sleep is that it works but only if you literally have no obligations to anyone ever.
People have managed to get into those kinds of cycles but they always stop because you will completely break down beyond functioning if you ever miss a single nap. That's just not feasible for people who actually interact with the world during the day.

There's also very little actual science and the stuff out there is mostly anecdotes by uberproductivity bloggers and the like. There's a very real possibility attemping this is stupidly dangerous.

I'll offer you an alternative OP, stay awake 48 hours, then sleep 24, then repeat. This is doable and far more compatible with various work schedules such as nurse or doctor or part/flex-time work.

Snort Orexin-A to replace the need for sleep.

How long till I can easily buy this nootropic online?

I've been doing a 3 (5AM - 8 AM) by 3 (10 AM - almost 2 PM) kind of thing off and on for like 2 months because I'm stuck in a shitty cycle of sleep deprivation pushing me behind on my work.I really want this to end, I'm suffering.

biphasic TED here
it just werks

I am monophasic but like 4-6 hrs everyday (~2am - ~6:30am), but I seem to function fine just yawn a lot. I feel bad for my roomate though because they try to sleep at like 10 pm and my door is noisey as shit and i dont like messing peoples sleep up. Next semester im going to attempt an 8-10pm sleep time until about 4-6 am and get my assignments done earlier than midnight and have ample time to study in the morning.

Biphasic TED is actually more natural than Monophasic.
People had this schedule before the access to artificial light at night, you can find mentions of it in old literature.

just stop worrying man and enjoy sleep

how about logging off the fucking internet and actually doing the things you think you dont have time for
what the fuck is wrong with this board why do the same fucking retarded questions keep coming up
holy shit

Nah dude Leo was onto something with that. You can essentially remain conscious forever. Not literally of course but those naps stop feeling like sleep while keeping you rested. You wake up rested but it must take some getting used to because it just feels like you are eternally awake. Shit got weird, had to go back but I do want to try it again when I can for some hardcore studying.

Did 40 minute naps every 4 hours and a 3 hour nap at night.

how2REMsleep@righttimes?

Ketosis is a real thing lmao
Are you mad because you can’t help yourself around candy bars?

I stay away from processed sugar, but literally (figuratively) can't help myself around oats desu

ketosis is real, but the only non meme way to rech it is through fasting

There's tons of research that says a biphasic cycle is way better than mono. Your body isn't meant to stay motionless for 8 hours and when you hit the 10 marker it mimics a coma. Not to mention it's such a long gap to not rest your body

Sources?

sources

OP pls deliver

>when you hit the 10 marker it mimics a coma.
well fuck

>monophasic
>4 hours of sleep
wait a second

Reminds me of a schedule I tried once. I'd sleep however long I wanted on the weekend, but over the week I'd sleep like this
Monday - 2 hours
Tuesday - 4 hours
Wednesday - 8 hours
Thursday - 4 hours
Friday - 2 hours

I'd be well rested at the beginning of the week so I can afford to sleep less, and after a midweek recharge I can taper off again and rest once the week is over. It worked decently well and I got to do more work but this kind of thing is for the autistic.

I don't believe that it is at all safe or recommended. They are memes. I almost bought into it once.

Bread is pretty much complete shit.

Tried all these cycle systems.
I aways revert back to my normal 3am to 3pm cycle.
About every 30 days I do a 24 to 36 hour session, with 1 partial wake up to get a drink, take a piss.
Been to doctors, sleep clinics, most tell me to listen to my body and if it works for me not to worry about it.
Has screwed my semi social life.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10607034

I get 6-7 hours of sleep every night, wake up feeling refreshed, and get my shit done every day. Polyphasic sleep cycles don't replace discipline. And you would be able to maintain one of those sleep cycles without discipline anyway.

>7 hours of eating
As a fat American, I wish this was true

*Wouldnt

DEC2 gene variation allows people to feel rested with only 6 hours of sleep. Enjoy winning the genetic lottery.

Doesn't anyone else see this as a degradation of society?

wages become lower, prices for everyday things become higher, hours increase with less time off, it just feels as if we are being worked into slaves.

It's called inflation

Mind linking some articles against low carb diets, I've been trying to look into it.

Here, listen to me OP. The only things you need to do:

Download Z-Cron, create a task to shut down your comp at 8:30. Try to be in complete darkness reviewing your day and thinking/mentally journaling for about 30 minutes. Go to sleep at 9:00 and/or fall asleep by 9:30. Wake up at 4-4:30.

Also check out the program 'f.lux' if being in darkness for 30 minutes is too scary for you