Academia is officially dead

Academia is officially dead

Press f to pay respects

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dA5Yq1DLSmQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What does this have to do with literature?

wasn't this kid at the top of his class with a shitload of extracurricular activities to his name? i mean yeah it sucks for the kid with equivalent credentials who was passed up for writing something more heartfelt rather than vacuous spectacle, but with these 'elite institutions' it's to be expected that even the most 'qualified' are not guaranteed admission. the valedictorian of my high school graduating class was an eagle scout with perfect grades and a member of various clubs and sport teams and the only ivy to accept him was cornell.

This. The insane hashtag spam wasn't what got him in, he just had the credibility to be able to write that and he knew it, so he did. This story is a little overblown and sensationalist.

>the valedictorian of my high school graduating class was an eagle scout with perfect grades and a member of various clubs and sport teams and the only ivy to accept him was cornell.

I wonder why that was?

he was already active in Democrat politics and was a Muslim social activist, he is guaranteed to get in considering he has good grades.

Even if you don't take and into account, I can easily see how holding a radical stance which you brute-force tier spam into a questionnaire would be enough to garner the attention of academic institutions which value free thinking and challenging ideas.

i mean he expressed an institutionally-sanctioned Challenging Idea™ (therefore not really all that challenging) but by the same token should we be surprised that someone playing by their rules within their game would be granted their admission?

>Challenging Idea™

too funny

thanx :)

Why the fuck is being a towelhead activist sufficient to get someone into a top tier school?

Do you think top tier schools are about academics? Not memeing btw

Thanks for repeating pretty much exactly what I said back to me.

I'm really disgusted at the attitude this presents.

I think they should fucking be

while i am a strong supporter of casual racism in contemporary discourse it's still important to read the thread in order for crude and offensive remarks to be supported with facts

that way everybody wins, except the people we don't like

Nobody cares what you think. They certainly don't.

just aligning spirit with letter bro

Fuck off nigger

Colleges have debased the standards of scholarly merit so far that it's practically meaningless today

Lel

You must not have gone to a very good school. We had a bunch of kids to Cornell, Yale, Princeton, etc. Little groups for each. Granted, I went to a highly ranked high school, but still a public high school.

Anytime I see some white pensive looking nu-male academic on twitter I laugh my ass off as they are invariably far left, have black framed glasses, skinny necks/weak jaws, have photos of them drinking wine or smoking as if they are a sophisticated gonzo "bad ass," and whose tweet content basically mimic ironybro goons to such conformist levels that you can't tell one from the other.

Non-STEM academia at this point is full blown status-striving and revolution-LARPing. Only hope at this point is to starve the beast financially, or wait for civil war. I hope everyone here has a list of their local grad students and post-docs.

BLM is a terrorist organisation. How cucked you americans are

it was a public school but i always assumed a reasonably decent one. it was in a fairly affluent area with well-educated teachers, at least. the curriculum seemed rigorous (for american high school standards) too. they rank high schools?

for what it's worth i had several other classmates who were admitted to other ivies or similarly respected schools. no harvard, yale, or columbia kids in my graduating class though, but i think the valedictorian who graduated the following year got into harvard.

Can't wait for the next round

Is there anything more foolish than the American left's hatred of guns?

If fascism truly comes to America, all the rednecks with firepower will flock to it, and they will in turn use their guns to viciously massacre all the peace-loving liberals and leftists. And those liberals and leftists will have no means by which to defend themselves. How stupid!

Should I take advantage of Leftists by getting myself into University on the basis of not being white? I never applied for any race-based scholarships because that seems wrong but I mean if the money is there then I might as well drain these idiots while simultaneously spreading the word that their(lefties)policies are terrible and racist.

>You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

Honestly. So some kid had a decently subversive, if highly performative, idea for a personal statement. He backed it up by being actually worthy of an education.

I don't think that's a graspable feel for most on this board, though.

Absolutely do it. I'm functionally white but I have a literal race card that I can for affirmative action purposes. Shit's so cash.

It offends me as an artist because if you're really that smart and that creative you wouldn't waste time with memes in your entrance essay.

What's so subversive about BLM? Everyone from Mark Zuckerberg to President Obama approves of BLM.

Also fuck you, a lot of us have gotten into Ivies, like that Chinese kid who went to Yale. I can't afford international tuition or I would have gone too. Up yours kid!

Subversive in the sense that it took a new spin on the personal statement.

Financial aid is a thing.

>repeating a slogan 100 times is a personal statement
Ideologically possession is not a personal statement.

By that logic anything other than a well thought out essay would be subversive. It would be even more subversive if he wrote out the alphabet a hundred times. It's the kind of thing that leads to pic related being considered "art."

This kid cashed in on the post Trump paranoia big time.

>Financial aid is a thing.

So is crushing debt. At least I didn't pay a cent for my meme arts degree.

Because American high school sucks ass. I have a 4.0 gpa equivalent to US highschool for the exams I took at 15/16.

>Subversive in the sense that it took a new spin on the personal statement.
haha holy shit. ya mate, this is the first kid to ever do this.

/pol/ please leave

Whenever I see a 'minority' person in a position that needs a University degree, I always wonder whether the bar got lowered for them all the way through, or just at the admissions stage. You could be being operated on by someone with a barely C average.

Yeah, it's pretty scary. You would think that medical schools of all places would be meritocratic, but they aren't.

As an accelerationist, I'm ok with this. It is similar to those Brooklyn artisans who were buying cheap chocolate and re-selling it as expensive high end chocolate. It undermines the capitalist foundations of health and medicine.

What if a black doctor botched your operation? You would be fucked and wouldn't be able to enjoy "the revolution."

Do you reds have any concept of empathy?

Fucking mint.

>It is similar to those Brooklyn artisans who were buying cheap chocolate and re-selling it as expensive high end chocolate.

Nothing brings me more satisfaction than stuff like this. Be it food critics, modern art critics, or po-mo nutters, nothing gives me a giddy smile than the bullshit of the arrogant being exposed.

>injecting political correctness into capitalism undermines the capitalist foundations
That's not how it works. Adding a layer of incompetence is not undermining the foundations of capitalism.

This is cute, but you spergs don't understand warfare. Most of the original Bolsheviks had a deep understanding of how strategy is conducted. Today, impotent man-child hipsters give normative muh feelz 50k blog screeds relentless citing Foucault or Deleuze while forgetting the basics of war and how it is conducted.

Capitalism is a complex adaptive system. Add enough weak nodes into a system that interacts with global capital -- like health systems and ideology -- and you start getting failures everywhere. This is basic network theory and topology, e.g. the price of anarchy. Having low IQ population dynamics -- proven by the links on Nick Land's blog -- in a workplace that demands high IQ sounds like a winning accelerationist strategy.

Is it just me or do accelerationists sound like apocalyptic religious nutjobs?

Yes, though things tend to diverge around the point that Jesus turns up and ends capitalism.

Look the system as it is today should end. I am in agreement with that: currency is a scam, public schools are a scam, national debt, academia and media are rotten beyond salvation.

But where we most likely diverge is that I see the system collapsing because is not capitalist enough. Crony capitalism is not capitalism. Big corporation creating laws to their own advantage is not capitalism. We need a free market because there is simply no other way around.

And yes, a free market allows you ancom freak to do whatever the fuck you want. I just don't want to participate in that. Is that fine with you?

The crony capitalism is in response to a more purer capitalism

Yes, it's a parasite on the profits of capitalism, using the power of the State. Just like a SJW HR who employs a radical activist. Parasites can't live without an host, but the host can live by itself

That's why we need more free market, something like ancapistan. Now that we have bitcoins, it is not an utopia anymore.

>free market

>which value free thinking and challenging ideas
Lol. So if he spammed #Hillary4Jail, would they be enthusiastic about him? All challenging ideas that they value seem to have something in common - they either agree completely with current prog consensus or are to the left of it. Nothing wrong with having political preferences and supporting people who are your allies but don't pretend you are some shining beacon of intellectual liberty while you do this.

>Everyone from Zuckerberg to Obama approves a domestic terrorist organization

Americans? Explain please.

Underclass violent leftists believe they are fighting against the man, when the man in various positions -- from academia, NGOs, foundations, large corporations like pepsi/nike, political parties, Silicon Valley, mainstream news/entertainment -- agree with them, fund them, help them, interpret them in a good light.

The problem is you think that a)"subversiveness" (a.k.a. shouting on top of your lungs) is a desirable trait in a college application and b)making a statement that is nigh universally approved by academia and media is something more than empty posturing. Remember that professor who said that we need more welfare for single mothers and less strict immigration laws and they put him in prison for that?

no they don't.

>this:

Seriously. They only do that when it's profitable.

No one interprets us in a good light, and you're a shining example. You believe that capitalist (and other forms of) posturing is some sort of "siding" and then using that as a way to slight the movements. In other words, you're interpreting them in a *bad light* by saying that "these people I don't agree with are actually sided with, and that's bad," when that siding is completely insincere. You reconceptualize people to be enemies out of your own willful misinterpretation? Lol.

You're kind of playing yourself in that regard: your hatred ends up just being a perverted form of confirmation bias. Do better.

f

Dude you just need to taste the revolution™

youtube.com/watch?v=dA5Yq1DLSmQ