BOOKS about DRUGS

I read Junkie by William Burroughs recently and I liked it. Naked Lunch wasn't as interesting for me.

Recommend me some books about drugs, Veeky Forums.
Biographies about people who were addicted to drugs count too.

The classic, Confessions of an English Opium-Eater. Coincidentally, mine has one of the ugliest covers I've ever seen.

Thank you. To the list it goes

is that any good? what's it about? I keep seeing it in mybook store

>Confessions of an English Opium-Eater (1821) is an autobiographical account written by Thomas De Quincey, about his laudanum (opium and alcohol) addiction and its effect on his life.
It's very good in my opinion, I'd definitely recommend buying it, it's probably cheap.

Cains Book
Trainspotting
Jesus' Son

It's a fantastic read. Quincy had a very harsh life and the way he depicts the lowly underbelly of England (starvation, homelessness, prostitution) as well as his immense feverish addiction is just phenomenal.

Fear and loathing in Las Vegas is a given. ( Most things HST, Screwjack )
Almost Transparent blue, in Japan with drugs and decadence.
The electric kool-aid acid test, hippies, streams of consciousness, okay but not more.
A Scanner darkly, Philip K Dock, good one.
The Doors of perception, I think it's a bit overrated but people like it.
Cosmic Banditos, just weed but very funny.
The Kitchen readings ( Short stories about HST from other people ), fun read.
Welcome to the NHK, about a hikkiokomorie ( Japanese NEET ) about is useless life and a fair amount of drugs. Probably more funny is you watch/watched anime.

There is a picture with recommended reading about drugs.

This picture.

And didn't grade "Almost transparent blue", not very good.

Thank you very much for the chart, I hadn't seen this one before.
Thanks!
I'll look them up

do they have to be about real drugs? Bruce Sterling's "Involution Ocean" is about some people addicted to a drug called Syncophine which can only be extracted from the internal organs of the Nullaquan Dust-Whale.

Are there any books that deal with the drug escapades of autistic people with no friends who have no contact with drug culture outside of chans and reddit and pursue their hedonistic impulses in social retardation?

When I look at the media it seems that every drug user is a social butterfly with many friends and rarely, if ever, even does drugs on their own, so I wonder whether this sub-culture, if you can call a number of isolated islands a culture, is known to the world and has been represented in art.

Mmm it doesnt have to be about real drugs... But it has to be good if it isnt real.

More

i wouldn't have recommended it if it was shit, user.

Taipei is kinda like that.

Anyone read " the island " by Huxley?

>not very good.
i would have to respectfully disagree with you

also, you should add opiates to Transparent Blue, if i recall they did heroin a ton of times throughout it

peter pan

it's about a little boy who never grew up

That's reasonable. I will look it up user.

I read that, for other reasons, and it's still too social.

Maybe its because drugs make you social to some extent? Or because to get them you have to socialize? Or because people addicted to X are attracted to people addicted to the same thing?

None of those apply to the "autist loner doing drugs" scenario. You can't spin your drug use into personal relationships, because you don't know anyone else who does drugs, don't know any dealers, and are not close enough to anyone to tell them about it in the first place.

Hmm I see

Also, Steppenwolf was in that chart that user posted... and I dont recall a single instance in which a character of the book shoots heroin or opium or anything........