Philosophies, theologies...

Philosophies, theologies, books etc that propogates a method to stop thinking/analyzing and instead enhaces being and feeling

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebensphilosophie
trisagionseraph.tripod.com/Texts/Plotinus5.html
newhumanist.org.uk/articles/4021/the-dark-side-of-buddhism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

my diary desu

Gnosticism

As memey as it is, The Book by Alan Watts.

Taoism

Both great answers

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebensphilosophie

Henri Bergson especially

Just look into Buddhism, no need to get memey with Watts. Mindfulness meditation (satipatthana) is all about awareness of experience in the current moment instead of unhelpful analytical thinking.

Zen

Zen mind beginners mind from suzuki shunryu

On Having No Head by Douglas Harding

Virtually anything by D.T. Suzuki, especially The Zen Doctrine of No Mind.

The OP asked for enhancing being and feeling, not destroying self and being. Get the fuck out of there with that Buddhist shit.

>not destroying self

But there's no self to destroy.

>Gnosticism

p
l
e
b

That's what (((they))) want you to think.
>falling for the enlightenment Jew

Try Siddharta by Hermann Hesse, it´s essentially quest of a young man in India during the times of Buddha to find exactly what you are describing. He even meets Buddha. I think it is a good way to go around it - to experience the path "with somebody" if you know what I mean

>he hasn't read the New Testament in Koine Greek
How do I know? It should be obvious that Jesus is teaching Gnosticism if you took the time to study the real source material instead of nefarious translations.

h
y
l
i
c

Buddhists please leave. OP, don't listen to these snake oil salesmen unless you want all the hope and happiness sucked out of your life. They just want you to be a miserable nihilist like themselves.

Gnosticism is just a poor interpretation of Plato.

trisagionseraph.tripod.com/Texts/Plotinus5.html

Plotinus is just a poor interpretation of Plato.

>Plato must be the sole originator of all Gnostic ideas or they are simply false
Wrong on both counts.

>implying plotinus understands gnosticism

It's possible to do Vipassanā without going full ego-death, just like it's possibly to go to catholic confession while using condoms.

If you have the confidence to reject their NU-y bits then go do some buddhist crap op.

Start with metaphysics before trying to interact with anything related to God and/or the will of God.

I started directly with Schopenhauer and it was one hell of a ride.

The world as will, lads.
The world as will.

Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe.

Speaking as a former Christian, Buddhism is the one thing that helped me feel strong emotions and enjoy life again. I don't know how you developed this aversion to it but it's improved my life tremendously.

I mean buddhism is all about "life is suffering and you must let yourself ignore everything in it to avoid suffering". I'm happy that you've taken what you've taken from it, and I think you've got it better than they do, but your teachers almost certainly believed in dampening their own emotional responses and trying to induce ego death in committed students.

>feeling
none
>being
uhh

This.

Also,

"Meme Answer" by Mike McMemeson

It's not about ignoring everything and avoiding suffering. Buddhists recognize suffering as an unavoidable part of life, but realize that through living a particular way it can be mitigated and more easily managed. It's largely a means of not getting lost in the world of human abstractions, mistaking our symbols, memories, and predictions for what's real and essential.

you are a special kind of retard arnt you.

newhumanist.org.uk/articles/4021/the-dark-side-of-buddhism

It sucks that it's rarely spoken about, but most monasteries expect their student to have mental breakdowns. It isn't a happy new-age philosophy about savouring life, it's about transcending it in ways I see as harmful and pointless.

Not completely exact to what you want, but Fathers and Sons by Ivan Turgenev has some nihilistic and materialistic shit in it.

It's a fucking terrible book imo, though. Not cringey, just less impactful than something like philosophy books or long novels. It's only 200-ish pages and is easy to read.

three dialogues between hylas and philonius

shrooms

the west ruined buddhism