Consuming nicotine for concentration

I have never smoked in my life nor I plan to, but I heard that nicotine improves focus and concentration. would it be worth it to consume it in gum/patch form? will it be worth the chemical addiction I´m likely to develop in doing so? I consume about 400mg/day in caffeine pills and I occasionally use 10mg of lisdexamfetamine when I need to work extra, how would 2mg of nicotine go with that? should I take this to Veeky Forums?

if smokers want to give any instinct into the subject that would be good too, but I don´t know how much a nicotine dose varies depending on smoking habits and type of cigarette

pic kinda related

Other urls found in this thread:

gwern.net/Nicotine
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you're a retard

Quints of truth

>will it be worth the chemical addiction I´m likely to develop in doing so?
As one of the many idiots in the world addicted to cigarettes I can advise you not to do it. You're, statistically speaking, more likely to kick an intravenous heroin addiction than you are nicotine.
Though if you do intend to use smokeless forms its not AS bad since your going to be avoiding the oral fixation and and "something to do with your hands" which is the real shitkicker of the addiction.
Also nicotine will give you extremely vivid and anxious dreams, so thats fun.

Only thing harder than nicotine is being fat.
Quitting smoking was a breeze, after one year of a wobbly struggle I conquered it. 11 years clean.
But holy shit losing weight. After almost a decade I'm finally getting a neck grip on it. Losing tobacco was a picnic compared to this.

this, also I'm pretty sure this "improved focus" isn't from the nicotine but rather they have decreased focus from the nicotine dependency that goes back up to normal when they smoke or use nicotine gum.
getting addicted to nicotine on purpose is something retarded 15 year olds do to look cool, not grown men.
just imagine how stupid you'll sound 10 years from now when somebody asks you how you started smoking and you'll have to tell them you got addicted to nicotine with nicotine gum because some smoker told you he felt more concentrated after he had a cigarette.
try intermittent fasting, it's a breeze
t. quit smoking and lost 10kgs while doing it

I was planning on going for either patches or gum, whichever is cheaper and most efficient. I was expecting to find something similar in price to the caffeine pills, but a pack of 30 gums costs 15 Euros compared to to 3 Euros for 240 caffeine pills. tried searching for other alternatives but the only thing that shows up besides that are liquid nicotine bottles for vaping, and I´m not really sure if I can consume that
the thing is that I´m not really sure if nicotine alone is what causes addiction. I can go ahead and google if nicotine alone causes addiction, and of course I get results that go on about how it´s the combination of other facors that leads to addiction in smokers. then again I can do that about flat earth and some retard would still show up arguing why it makes sense, that´s why I made this thread in the first place
I´m perfectly aware that the idea of consuming nicotine even before smoking sounds dumb at first, but it seems worth investigating at the very least

>the thing is that I´m not really sure if nicotine alone is what causes addiction.
it is. as a smoker who has tried nicotine free cigarettes, it really is only the nicotine that is addicting.

>it really is only the nicotine that is addicting.
More like the *combination* of nicotine with all the other stuff in Tobacco and cigarettes, not the nicotine chemical in it's own:
gwern.net/Nicotine

have you considered vaping? it's probably the best method for your proposes, and you can get ejuice with varying strengths of nicotine, so you can try it out with lower dosages.
The thing with gums and patches, is that they're made for people who already have some kind of nicotine tolerance, which makes the dosages in them higher than would probably be ideal for someone that's not a smoker.

Nicotine DOES have nootropic properties, the problem is all the other terrible shit that comes along with the delivery method of cigarettes that has a negative net effect.
Also remember caffeine and nicotine when combined actually cut the duration of eachother in half.
Honestly every time I've tried quitting the nicotine withdrawal was the least of my problems and I ended up eating every pen cap in the tri-county area. It's all the associated stuff for me, the feeling of smoke in your throat, fiddling with the cig in your hand, the oral fixation, and the fact that nothing in the world feels like that first puff of the day, taking a dump while smoking, a smoke after a meal (or sex), or how well booze and cigarettes compliment eachother.
Every time I've attempted to quit with patches and gum my brain goes crazy because it's getting the drug, but none of the accompanying habbitual gratifications.
tl;dr-Don't smoke kids!

Captcha: Free Smokerise

quints confirms

Oh yeah I used to do this during exams. I'm not sure if I'd recommend it though, seeing how you've got something better already (amphetamines).
Nicotine has a lot of distracting side-effects, it's a vasconstrictor, it triggers your bowels and you may get a bit light-headed if you chew too much of the gum.

While addiction might be an issue, it is nowherte near as bigf a problem as with cigs. Tobacco contains harmala alkaloids (MAO inhibitors), which acts as a short-term mood lifter.
The combination of MAOIs with nicotine is what makes cigs so addictive.

>oral fixation
found the engineer

OP here
I went ahead and tried a 2mg gum. 30 minutes after chewing it and putting it under my tongue as instructed by the package I couldn´t stop moving my fingers (both feet and hands), feeling the urge to squeeze, pinch and rub them against each other. also I kept looking at random things, unable to focus on something in particular. this went on for about three hours,in which I was unable to work, bun now I feel more o less fine and able to focus, even if I´m still rubbing and pinching with my feet. For the record I had taken my usual dose of caffeine
this tells me several things: first, my tolerance seems very low, so consuming a full gum is overload. might try another day with 1/4th, or even 1/8. I need to wait until it fades away completely before confirming it, but the effect seems a little short compared to my other stimulants, and the side effects are bothersome, even more so than lisdexamfetamine. On the other hand, this is cheaper, but that doesn´t sell it to me

might be worth having around but looks like its not for everyday use, unless I start making footjobs for a living

tl:dr, interesting but not very useful. webm very related

It depends. Never smoked because I think it's disgusting, but here it's tradition to consume a shitton of nasal tobacco during carnival - which I take part in. And yes, you definitely feel the nicotine. Yet I rarely feel the desire for any nicotine, even after carnival. I might buy one tin throughout the year outside of carnival and go through it in.. a month? (10 grams) - but if I couldn't, I wouldn't give a single shit.

>trip report
>Nicotine
Go post this on erowid, for the lulz.

>nasal tobacco
Like snuff (tobacco ground up into a fine powder)? Or something else.

Wow, you suck. Losing weight is easy. You simply have to expend more calories than you take in.

It does work like that, but you'll quickly get used to the effect and won't notice it anymore. Also, at higher doses it does the opposite, regardless of your tolerance.

t. pharmacist with first hand experience.

I wouldn't recommend it, but it's pretty comfy in its own way. Also pure nicotine has far less adverse effects than actual smoking does and you won't get as addicted to it as you get to smoking due to a smoother nicotine spike.

Quitting it after a longer period of use sucks regardless though. It turns you into a literal brainlet for a few weeks.

>thinks he has an """easy""" fix for an epidemic that's taking over the western world

My unironically favorite book for nootropics is "Advanced Lucid Dreaming: Power of Supluments" Here's what it has to say.
>Nicotine is an agonist for acetylcholine which means that it enters the brain and acts in the same manner as acetylcholine
>Nicotine causes both short term and long term desensitization of the acetylcholine receptors
>In general, too much Nicotine makes you feel ill. The side effects generally listed are: dizziness, nausea, sore throat, dry or watering mouth, watering eyes, headache, constipation, and skin irritation (where patch is worn)

There's more that pertains to lucid dreaming but this is some highlights for general use I selected. It would seem if you used a patch, and removed it after only a few hours instead of letting the patch run dry, it could be safe. If limited to once a week or something. However, there are safer and less addictive acetylcholine agonists out there that I'd try first.

you sound like you've already decided to be a fat fuck for the rest of your life and are going to blame it on your genetics instead of facing your inability to have a little self control and eat less.
it's easy to lose weight, but it's easier to eat whatever you feel like eating and blaming something else for your gluttony

For certain genotypes, nicotine legitimately increases IQ. For most people however its just a stimulant.

pro tip: theres a reason why einstein smoked like a fiend

Someone looks bitter. Doesn't take a fat fuck to see the stupidity of your proposition. What next, you got the cure for aids too? Or do you just get your jollies off by acting supirior to a bunch of land whales? Shit's as pathetic as dindus gettin high off being """kangz"''.

>What next, you got the cure for aids too?
are you saying that simply putting down the fork is as impossible as curing aids? you really have no hope
>Shit's as pathetic as dindus gettin high off being """kangz"''.
what the fuck are you even talking about?

stay fat for the rest of your life you pathetic piece of shit.
and for the record, I used to be fat but lost over 50 pounds in a little over a year.

losing 50 lbs is very different from losing 160 lbs

Cigarettes kill your taste buds, sense of smell, and appetite.
Part of the reason a lot of people pack on weight after they quit is because their appetites arent being supressed and WOW HOLY SHIT I CAN TASTE THINGS AGAIN!

It only improves concentration if you're addicted since it alleviates withdrawal. Source? I'm an addict

I lost
My thoughts exactly

This is the most pussy shit I've seen

ok you win, it's impossible. you now officially have my permission to stay fat forever and say it's 100% out of your control.
happy now?

>confirming he's a retarded brainlet
Talk about oblivious. If you really think you have the solution to one of the world's largest health epidemics, then stop shitposting and get the fuck out there and spread your message of """wisdom""" to the masses. Go ahead, go try to convince everyone to do intermittent fasting for the rest of their lives, I'll wait. And once you're done with that, you'll probably have an easy time getting smokers, junkies, and alcoholics to quit too. You could solve all the world's problems user, because apparently you're just that smart.

Except that's false. It's a stimulant and as such has all the typical side effects of stimulants.

By being addicted the effects are very muted for you.

Dude, I smoke 12 - a pack daily. I can tell you for a fact that my energy levels are way lower than before I started smoking and that overall I cannot focus as well since I constantly get distracted from the urge to smoke and the smoke breaks themselves. If you want to relax, jerk off. If you want a stimulant, get Adderall. Don't start smoking.

Nicotine releases dopamine, so while that releases you will be more focused. But the more you do it, the less dopamine you will have once the cigarette wears off and the less focus you will have.

An easy way to increase dopamine is to simply stop masturbating. Ejaculating releases a lot of dopamine and tricks your brain into thinking you're getting laid. Trying to get laid requires focus and energy, so if you stop masturbating this will naturally build up as your brain starts to realise you're not spreading seed any more. You can harness this energy into other areas of your life. Even after two days you will likely feel an improvement, but the urge to masturbate will haunt you every now and again. But stick with it and you will be rewarded.

yes, snuff. I just didn't call it snuff because some americans think snuff is snus/chewing tobacco.

Just stick to caffeine. Nicotene's effects aren't worth it

nicotine patches are not addictive

that birb looks so content being a fat fuck. i wish i had his outlook. also why the fuck does a zoo feed a bird sausage?

They don't, he just keeps finding it somehow.

scientifically, should a male who goes no fap do better in a class full of chicks (female) or no chicks (female) at all ( like many STEM classes)?

Get nicotine lasanges and quick being a pussy. It’s just like taking a caffeine shot, and it causes less physical harm then caffeine. I take it when my concentration’s lacking.

Do a study and find out.

hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahaha

>hh
what did he mean by this?

>he does't throw food over the barricades