Wow Grammarly is useless

Wow Grammarly is useless.

Is there a better alternative? I bought a quarterly plan, but I can cancel within the first week, and I may do that because this shit is retarded.

Other urls found in this thread:

chicagomanualofstyle.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah, there's a better alternative: it's called learning grammar yourself, user. What the hell...you think writers in the past had a grammar analysis program they could subscribe to and use to check their work?

See, I hate people like you. It's like you can't grasp basic logic.

I may want to use this to accelerate my learning of grammar, I may want to use it to catch silly mistakes I make by not paying proper attention, I may use a second pair of eyes.

Why the fuck do you think writers have copy editors, dumbfuck?

>you think writers in the past had a
And how is this relevant to anything? Do you think writers in the past used a computer to write their shit? Do you think they could go on Veeky Forums's literature board to ask for advice? Do you think they could download books? Do you think they had an e-reader?

No. So fucking what?

Bump

Just tried ProWritingAid and it gave some dope advice, but it didn't highlight a missing comma that Grammarly noticed. Kind of a bummer there's no really good service

WhiteSmoke is also alright and cheaper than Grammarly, but worse UI and obviously misses lotsa stuff

Well, it's worked for me. It highlights basic shit like misplaced or duplicate words or mistaken articles that I might not catch otherwise. I can still tell where to put a comma or if a sentence makes any sense without depending on a piece of software.

>I can still tell where to put a comma or if a sentence makes any sense without depending on a piece of software.

Then why not add a comma before "without" to avoid an ambiguous meaning?

Ambiguity is my second name. I trust in the intellect of my readers.

chicagomanualofstyle.org/

>So fucking what?

So they're objectively superior thinkers and writers than us.

You're objectively retarded

>tfw grammarly works on Veeky Forums

It works for any text box dummy

Not and argument.

I don't argue with retards

>not knowing how to use commas
are you guys high-school dropouts?

I bet you read Elements of Style you doublepleb.

Yes you do.

>a retard thinking they are smart enough to bait someone else

I just did.

>still trying

You're never going to be a writer if you need to use a program to fix basic grammar mistakes for you.

>writers don't have editors
you can be a writer without knowing grammar at all bitch. you'll never be a writer because you have 0 talent

You are wrong.

>I may use a second pair of eyes
Then get a second pair of eyes, do not expect a few lines of programming to be able to do everything for you.

>still trying but running out of ideas already

>digital second pair of eyes don't count because i say so!

To be a good writer you must read and write a lot. If you have read and written a lot, you should not make such jarring mistakes. If you make only not-so-stupid mistakes then they don't even matter.

The exception is just typos and shit, but any word processor can pick those up.

But user

I never had any ideas

Fool

>If you make only not-so-stupid mistakes then they don't even matter.
It matters if you write for a magazine or in an academic context or you want to look smart or you want to help someone else with their spellcheck or your professor deducts mark for it or million other reasons for why people would prefer to know grammar rather than not knowing grammar

If I ever write a book, I will use grammar only if it makes sense aesthetically. I won't use a comma if one needs to be there but it looks ugly, and I won't use semicolons or other try hard punctuation

But that doesn't mean I don't want to learn it

you may stop now user, good work

>It matters if you write for a magazine or in an academic context
I guess. If you're doing this for journalism then you may as well end it now but I didn't consider academic stuff.

Honestly I couldn't give any advice to you, 'cause to me (and most people) grammar just happens.

Lol grammar and how you use it heavily influences your style/prose. If you need a program to tell you what's right to begin with, you don't even deserve to post on /r/writingprompts

Everything about this sentence, even the "user", is wrong.

what do you mean?

>He expects a computer to understand creativity

>Lol grammar and how you use it heavily influences your style/prose.
and this addresses what part of my argument?

rest of your post is stupid

I mean everything about this sentence, even the "user", is wrong.
>I won't use semicolons or other try hard punctuation
You should; they have aesthetic qualities of their own, and they aren;t tryhard at all.

actually the second pair of eyes was supposed to check for grammar. make an effort to keep up will you?

what's wrong about it?

> they have aesthetic qualities of their own
yeah, they're ugly

I cannot stop, it has not been good nor work, and I have clearly developed an identity which you recognise within me.
>yeah, they're ugly
I'll ram my semi up your colon.

Ugliness is an aesthetic quality.

>I cannot stop, it has not been good nor work, and I have clearly developed an identity which you recognise within me.
i thought you meant grammatically, not tryhardly

Nice back-pedalling.

If you use both colons and semi-colons in one sentence you might blow the guys mind with aestheticism.

That's hardly difficult; for example, if you have a simple list of things: letters; letter openers; stamps; string; condoms—then you will have a colon and a semi-colon in the same sentence. And that is a relatively common, and certainly simple construction.

i would literally stop reading and delete the book off my e-reader if that ever happened; unless there's reasonable doubt that the writer was not guilty of this abomination, and it was all the fault of the translator/editor

THAT'S NOT HOW YOU USE A SEMICOLON

GET HIM

>And that is a relatively common, and certainly simple construction.
>,

my friend it looks like you need grammar help

Unless...I did it deliberately...for the aesthetics...

woah*

;;9349335 (You)

No, why should I

so you can try to hide the fact that you're unintelligent

ROUND HIM UP BOYS! WE'VE GOT A LIVE 'UN