Manlets a burden on society

Numerous studies have shown statistically significant correlations between height and IQ, even when controlling for socioeconomics and education. The correlation exists in both the developed and developing world and persists across age groups. Height has been shown to be a good predictor of IQ.

>Birth weight showed no association with childhood IQ. However, height at age 9 years was a significant predictor of childhood IQ after adjusting for socioeconomic status
doi.org/10.1093/ije/dyi038

Dutch twin study find there are genes that can affect both height and IQ at the same time:
>In adulthood, a correlation was found between height and FSIQ in young adulthood and between height and VIQ in middle age. All correlations could be ascribed to genetic factors influencing both height and IQ.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/17081263/

Environment plays a role, but not entirely:
>A major part of the height–intelligence correlation was due to correlated shared environments (59% of the phenotypic height–intelligence correlation), but statistically significant effects of correlated genes and nonshared environments were also found (respectively 35% and 6% of the phenotypic correlation).
cambridge.org/core/journals/twin-research-and-human-genetics/article/resolving-the-genetic-and-environmental-sources-of-the-correlation-between-height-and-intelligence-a-study-of-nearly-2600-norwegian-male-twin-pairs/E94845B008B83DDAF63B6112969D0AFF

why are the parents years of education all continuous values like 10.232 when it should be at worst quarters if one parent did a 1/2 year

My whole family are short, yet have all gone to university and all range between a gifted, or above average IQ. So...

Nice anecdote manlet. It's called an outlier.

Avg of both parents.

This is exactly the kind of information the mainstream media will never report on. But I personally think it's important to have these difficult conversations.

>Tfw when 173 cm, but still packing 145 IQs
:^)

>Hypothesis testing

When I think about it..

All the tallest guys in my high-school were also the smartest, except blacks.

>tfw 5'8

What's your IQ?

It's certainly possible that tall people, being naturally more desirable, would only be mating with the most successful people. This could have created a selective breeding situation that leaves tall people with superior cognitive genes as well.

So, what do we do about the manlet problem?

mfw the ethnic groups with the highest IQs are all east asian countries with average heights below 5'9"

>TIL OP wants his white daughter to have a black husband, so long as he was on a basketball team at some point

Uh, no retard. I'm not risking him being one of the outliers of tall people with low IQ. I will always make real-world accomplishments a strict requirement. However, that will statistically give higher odds of it being a tall person.

SAT scores shit on height as a predictor. Even forehead length is better.

Next.

>these disgusting ggplot defaults

>was tall for my age at 9, but turned out to be a manlet

feels good

And within that group we could expect to find the taller specimens to have a higher IQ than the group average.

Pleb.

t. brainlet lanklet or insecure manlet

read through plenty of these papers
>less of a correlation with asian populations
whew

white manlets are fucked, though

>tfw 69 inches

But on a global scale the taller the higher IQ

correlation =/=causalization
T. manlet

insecure brainlet thread

Everything that really matters is the enlongation of your facial features.

I don't see the correlation in any of those graphs

>It's called an outlier.
But you want to discriminate a whole group because of averages. When outliers exist.

Those regressions look pathetic

Apparently it doesn't apply to black people.

wow its almost as if the brain develops just like the body!

I don't want to discriminate. It's just something to think about. There's a difference between short and tall people and it should be acknowledged.

Black people are shorter on average.

good genes come in good packages

That's why the NBA is dominated by white, blonde, blue-eyed nordic übermensch.

>on average
You don't think there's a selection bias?

>outliers justifies we tall people have to maintain all the other good for nothings
>using an individualistic answer to a poblational question
you aren't very tall are you?

>correlation means causation
top fucking kek
both height and IQ are correlated with nutrition aka access to high quality fooda and parents' wealth, there's your answer retard
had you provided the entire population with the same access to food and nutrition, there would be no correlation between height and IQ

now get back to fagdit

>wealth
Try again manlet. The studies control for socioeconomics.

no, only the first one did
waiting for more

Not every study has to control for everything, that would be impossible. You make a consensus based on a body of work to combine their individual findings. Socioeconomics has been ruled out as a confounder. It plays a factor of course, but the trend persists outside of it.

this
conduct a study that adjusts for nutrition and there you go, no correlation

>tfw dad is 6'8 and mom is 6' but you still end up 6'1

Dutch twin study:
>Thus, these results show that the association between height and IQ should not be directly regarded as evidence for childhood living conditions affecting IQ

A selection bias towards basketball skill, which is directly determined by height.

Being black is also a factor toward basketball skill. So it's only the tall blacks that make it in the NBA.

>Charts are a fucking mess
>there's correlation there, trust us
Yeah, correlation, barely

welcome to socialSCIENCE!!!

Garbage plots. Delete this.

>drawing a line of best fit through that data
lol

Anyway both IQ and height are affected by nutrition. Obviously there would be a correlation.

How the fuck do you control for nutrition you moron

Typical manlets. Just glancing at a single image and drawing conclusions. How about looking at the studies? That's how you do real science, and the science says there are strong correlations genetically.

>the science says there are strong correlations genetically
>strong correlations
>0.7
>mfw