Reading on PC

Best epub/pdf reader to read on PC ?
Also any general tips ? close the curtains / dim the lights ..
I already use flux but i have no reader to use.

Print out each page

>he doesn't even print his own books
What has Veeky Forums become?

Reading epub in a screen is a fucking mess dude.
Best PDF? Evince
Best epub/mobi? Hard question. I will say Kindle for pc, but I don't recommend using it.

i use sumatra for pdfs and the firefox epub reader for epubs

and idk, i used a laptop with an opaque screen thinking that made a difference, but recently changed it and i dont feel any difference.

just light the place as much as you can, naturally if possible.

>tfw so used to if that i cant read on paper anymore
>tfw buy a book, scan it, and read it on screen

Why don't you recommend it ?
And yeah i gotta use a shitty computer monitor :(

So basically more light the better ?

friendo, consider a e-reader for reading, maybe It's a idiosyncracy but I cannot read more than 30~40 minutes on a laptop screen or in a similar on a IPad, It causes eye straining, and after some time I get headaches giving the day`s reading its end. Try with someone that has It, or go to some story and testdrive it.

Today I only use non-e-reader when I can't find a .epub convertible version, commonly a old scanned book that Calibre is bad for conversion.

what kind of e-reader do you have ?

Because it requires an Amazon account always logged in to read, and I'm very suspicious they keep a record of every pirated book you read.

You're afraid that one day, when you become a renowned writer, amazon will getchya? Look at that faggot, he didn't even buy his books

I'm affraid of the totalitarian state.

I was trying to help you, Winston. All you had to do was say yes, maybe add a smiley face at the end. but now

>reading on a PC
If it's not blog or an article, then it shouldn't be read on a computer screen, bruv.

Why not? People these days already spend obscene amounts of time at the computer daily

>People these days already spend obscene amounts of time at the computer daily
That alone is a good argument against it. But beyond that, anything that is read for longer than those examples will just be hell on your eyes, ruin your sleep, etc. Not to mention that we tend to go into Internet mode when on the compute, i.e., we scan more than actually read. You retain less. A novel a should be savored, not inhaled.

Use a tablet, is comfy af

/g/ here, you only need MuPDF to read epubs, pdfs and even cbz, and is available everywhere

There is also Document Viewer for formats like djvu and Bubble for cbr, if you have an android tablet (which is the best decision you can make) you should download it via F-Droid which is the securest app store there is

Also this

Don't listen to this troll or you'll end spending less time reading and more on the internet

If you're going to insist on reading on your monitor, just accept the headaches and failing eyesight.

But that is wrong you stupid

Nobody uses CRT monitors anymore, we use flat screens

Ice cream reader is very good

Bumping

Flat screens will still fuck up your eyes if you spend hours at a time on them, especially in poor lighting. Physical books will too, but not quite as quickly with good lighting.

There is a couple of tricks that help like using an app called Dimmer to lower the brightness of the tablet

But yeah, reading with a lamp nearby helps whether is a book or an ebook

near work does not fuck up your vision, lack of natural light does. so in theory if you mainly read outside or with sunlight, you have nothing to worry about.

Just buy an ereader user, don't fuck your eyes