Please be truthful.
>inb4 100% 6'6" and 201+ IQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eN24Sv0qS1w
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

4'6"- and 50

6 feet 1

relatively speaking adjusted for social mental emotional cultural physical and political inflation

Thank you for being honest, I think I might just disregard anyone who votes ridiculously low for both.

>IQ
Never took a professional IQ test. I graduated pure maths and was one of the best in my year, so I guess I am at least 2 sigma above average.
>height
170cm

I'd agree, thank you.

6'3. Only ever took a few online IQ tests and scored between 125 and 138.

7' and 350+ IQ

4'9
160 IQ

all the test went to my brain

5'9 and 125-145. Funny how much motivation affects IQ test scores.

From this, it seems like the 'being taller = smarter' is bullshit. Of course, I am selecting from an 'apparently' above average crowd, as many of them are 'in' STEM.

taller = smarter is not a deterministic affirmation you dingus.
It's true in a statistical sense, they are correlated

This being taller is a sign of a healthier lifestyle and better upbringing which also benefits intelligence

>taller = smarter is not a deterministic affirmation you dingus.
I know that, I'm just saying this is telling me that people of an average height, have a high IQ, which isn't a 'deterministic affirmation' either, because of the selection.

The issue with that is, if you're from a good family, stable and yet they have a genetic propensity toward the 'low average'.

should have made a pol for iq and skin color for the butthurt keks.
>inb4 black and iq of 200

5'8"

5'10
Dumb soy boy here

I wonder if the whole growth hormones situation has anything to do with it, poorer stupider families are more likely to eat junk food which will have animals pumped full of growth hormones which some believe can have an effect on human growth, where as intelligent parents tend to bring children up on good diets of vegetables, fresh fish, and fresh meat

>feet
No thank you, I'm not participating in a brainlet survey.

>Veeky Forums
>inches and feet
lel

>Veeky Forums
>Arabic numerals and base 10 IQ

>Height
6'1 (185 cm)
>IQ
Took 2 professional-grade ones and got 134 and 138 so I'm in the 131-140 range.

IQ : Higher than 130 been tested
Height: 165 or for Amerifats 5'5.

Look at all the manlets scrambling to show off their e-peen

>100% 6'6" and 201+ IQ
Overmen reporting in!

7 foot tall and over 300+ IQ, PURE ARYAN WHITE RACE, BEAT YOU ALL FGTS AT THIS
HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHEUHUEHUEUHEUHEUHEUHUE.

>IQ poll is the expected statistical average for a science board, maybe slightly overexaggerated
>height poll is full of tall masterrace vikings

Imagine, people got so insecure from the manlet memes that they'd prefer lying on a fucking height poll over the IQ one. I repeat, they're so insecure that in their escapist fantasies they'd rather be brainlets over being manlets. That's just so sad it's not even funny lmao

12 ft 666 IQ

Fuck off Satan

Just think of the animus soyim...
J-Just...look over there and think of your waifus...

>131 - 140 is the highest
>141 - 150 is 3rd highest

Why is Veeky Forums so delusional? Is this board filled with first years?

I'm about 6'3 and my IQ might be 115 (being optimistic.) however my dad is 2 inches taller and probably has 150 IQ. does height correlate with IQ? I'd assume it would

jeez is ur mum black? she must be sub 90 iq. fuck, i was mad at my dad for that

Not black, just short. Short people carry low-IQ genes.

average iq in physics is 132. sci is populated by physics and math majors

>average iq in physics is 132
Definitely not for undergrads, which is the majority of Veeky Forums

5'7
Asian
no gf

People do online IQ tests and assume they're real results, as well as liking to guess and make up really high numbers.

And yeah, most people here are end of high school or first year undergrad. Pretty much everything people talk about here is 'intro to X' level shit, it's rare to see any discussion beyond that (or discussion at all).

Also, like highlighted, people are clearly lying about both.

Source for that? From my understanding that's higher than the average IQ for med students, which I think is really unlikely.

It's intuitive.

To be fair, I think the IQ is fairly accurate as the mean is 90-100.
As for the height, I think it is somewhat inflated.

6'
dont know, dont care but Very high

>6'3" is short
Veeky Forums really needs to fuck off.

You think the average here is more than two SD above average?

Seems a lot more likely it's people who took IQ tests or people like and that are flat out just making up IQ's or estatting to me.

> AND TENTACALS FO-poof

Didn't know African pygmies had internet

youtu.be/eN24Sv0qS1w

I can see 5th dimensional reality...simple, Its Ours.

Fuck your education, fuck school. I read that book in the 90s, at 13...in detention. As I said, Fuck School.

6' 5"

181 cm, 142 IQ

Lmfao how the largest portion of respondents have an iq of at least 131 and a height of 6'1. Anyways, I was objective in my answer and put 5'11 with an IQ of 101-110, which is most likely what most people on here have

Well I mean, Veeky Forums attracts a certain sort of person and Veeky Forums even more. So I wouldn't be too surprised if it doesn't represent the general public.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

/thread

Most likely shorter, closer to 5'9, the most common height sits between like 5'8-5'10.

Veeky Forums attracts edgy teenagers who sometimes grow out of it, and this board attracts teenagers who are into science.

Interest in science doesn't equate to intelligence, and there's absolutely no way the average IQ here is significantly higher than that of doctors, which is generally around 120-130 or so.

A score almost two SD over average is fucking exceptional, and really rare. It's not going to be a common score in pretty much any sample but the height of academia, maybe.

Also, the difference between a 130 and 160 IQ is less than 1% of the population, so there's much debate as to whether an IQ of over 130 is even real, or if it's there's a deviation of getting certain answers randomly right or wrong..

6'1" is pretty average height if you exclude freaks and legitimate manlets

And if 120 is the average IQ of STEM students: exclude the people unlikely to complete their degree and those who will unenthusiastically scrape by, as both groups are unlikely to browse Veeky Forums, and it's not hard to imagine 130 being the average.

I'm not saying the IQ reported here is exact, nor correct. What I am saying is, I wouldn't be surprised if the representation of IQ, aside from the ridiculous, is somewhat true. Certainly more than the height reported.

Height and IQ are positively correlated.

Causation isn't correlation, friendo.
There have been many geniuses, as in, physics and mathematics geniuses (the only apparent accepted ones on Veeky Forums) who were/are an average, to below average height.

and?

From my understanding it's more measurement issues that high isn't it? That when you start talking about 0.1% of the population on a test that is subject to measurement error, it becomes hard to determine what's real and what's just them scoring better than usual?

Source for a height of 6'1 being average? 6'1 is almost a full deviation above average.

The height is actually more likely, it's closer to the average than the reported IQ. I'd be very surprised if both weren't bullshit however, it's almost definitely just e-stats for both.

I could see IQ being slightly above average here, but not as high as it's being reported.

Isn't that only a correlation of like 0.1 or 0.2 though? It's there, but it's not exactly super strong.

People from upper middle-class and upper-class environments have really skewed perspectives on IQ. They rarely have meaningful interaction with people less than 100 IQ, and probably almost never with anyone less than 80. As a result they underestimate their own intelligence and the intelligence of people around them in relation to an actual representative general population.

You're trying to make it sound like you have to be above 6' to be a genius, when the US and UK average is between 5'8" to 5'10".

>You're trying to make it sound like you have to be above 6' to be a genius
what?
All I implied was that if you believe the IQs people are reporting are accurate, then you should expect the height to be above average as well.

>tfw born to a mixed-class family of upper-class (former peerage) maternally to lower-class paternally
>raised by your upper-class grandparents in a upper middle-class milieu
>grandparents die when you're almost an adolescent, autist mother can't cope because she's too spergy and sends you off into foster care
>end up in a series of foster-homes ranging from upper-class to lower middle-class before finally being settled in an upper middle-class home for the next decade of a former mining engineer
>sound inordinately posh thanks to upbringing
>end up dropping into the lower-class economically upon leaving foster care, but still sound and act like your grandparents
Why?

>tfw 6'5" freak

Hard as fuck to find clothes that fit well, need to order most clothing online. In actually is pretty shitty.

All I can say is I answered honestly myself, but I certainly agree that the number of people saying they're above 130IQ doesn't sit well considering that these people are literally ~2% of the population. 145+... >.1%

That implication is also wrong, the correlation isn't super strong, as was said. You'd expect slightly more taller people, not an increase to the point that 5'9 is now the 5th most common height.

Same with IQ. Almost half of people are claiming to be two SD over average, with around 10% claiming to be close to 3 SD over or more, which is just completely unbelievable.

Exactly. Even if you assume there's going to be more people above average here than in gen pop, there's absolutely no way the figure for people above a 130 IQ jumps from around 2% to fucking 45%.

Even if you count out the obvious trolls saying above 160, that's still around 38-42%.

You just have to consider all the selection biases that exist for posters on Veeky Forums that chose to respond to this survey.

Even selection bias is extremely unlikely to count for that much of a deviation, that's absolutely insane.

Veeky Forums has the same issues, where everyone is claiming to be 6'3+, great lifts, but has been lifting less than 6 months and is like 17 or 18.

Selection bias would absolutely account for some swing, but nowhere near what we're seeing in this at the moment.

There's definitely a few liars and probably a fair bit of rounding up, but I can easily rationalize believing that 90% of responses to both polls are genuine.

What makes you think that? Do you honestly think that the average person here is smarter than the average doctor?

I bet you believe everyone here claiming to be graduating pure maths or other science courses with amazing grades, despite discussion barely ever going past a first year level, if not just high school plus a few online articles.

Seriously, go take some stats courses or something, because jumping from 2% to almost 50% is completely unbelievable.
Also, I think genuine responses and truthful responses are very different, when we're talking about IQ. The height thing is obviously untrue, but I could see these IQ scores being based off shitty online tests and genuine, yet completely misguided estimates.

>Do you honestly think that the average person here is smarter than the average doctor?
Doctors really aren't that smart in terms of the intellectual landscape.

The people responding to this poll are not going to be representative of the whole board.
Someone with something to brag about is going to brag. Someone with something they're insecure about is unlikely to respond, if they even clicked on the thread at all.

Doctors graduate top of classes in undegrad, and have to score stupidly highly on tests that are pretty much designed to do nothing but test your base cognitive ability (and a very basic scientific knowledge).

On the other hand, here you have a board full of people who either are clearly not even at uni, or are in their first year or two.

What's more likely? A board with an obsession about IQ and not being seen as a "brainlet" would lie about their IQ? Or that they're smarter than people with MD's and other academics?

And sure, you're right there about selection bias, but I already addressed this. There is absolutely no way that selection bias accounts for a jump in the average that extreme on Veeky Forums. In academic fields? Sure, I could see it there.

But on a random forum, even one for people interested in science, you're not going to see that huge of a variation from the norm.

I'm honestly unsure how you could come to the conclusion that 90% of the responses to either survey were accurate unless you're the most gullible person alive.

>On the other hand, here you have a board full of people who either are clearly not even at uni, or are in their first year or two.
IQ doesn't increase with age.

There are a couple of studies which show that the average IQ of math students is around 133, and I was clearly above average among my peers, so I think my guesstimate of 130+ is eminently reasonable and quite conservative.

>being taller is a sign of having more height+ genes
FTFY

>Or that they're smarter than people with MD's and other academics?

This one. Ive known hundreds of doctors and PhD holder.

75% are retarded right off the bat.

Rope?

>Definitely not for undergrads,
No, for undergrads. Grad students have higher averages/
>it is really unlikely for physics and math students to be smarter than med students
Looks like we have a dumb med students on our hands.

Average IQ of doctors is bellow 120, doc.
Also, go back to plebbit.

The correlation is very small.

>Even selection bias is extremely unlikely
Show me the math faggot.

Sorry to brake it to you, but doctors are not that smart.

>tfw the guy reasonable for fixing you is actually a brainlet
Scary.

>guy reasonable for fixing you
What did he mean by this?

>reasonable
Hippocratic 'oath', more like Hippocratic inclination.

I'm talking about his mom. His dad is 6'5" so his mom must have the manlet/brainlet gene.

The correlation has been shown to persist beyond environmental factors.

0.1 to 0.2 is a statistical error, prove me wrong.

Im from germany, 6feet is about average around here. I'm 6'1, many of my colleagues are around 6'1 as well.

Why the cuck-units though?

It's a statistical error if it's within your margin of error. It can be considered statistically significant if the sample is large enough, which studies have done.

That sure sounds like conjecture to me.

Wrong, it actually ranges from 5'9"-5'11" in Germany.

170 cm. 80 IQ. At least im not a soy boy and grow mass fast.

5'9" 187

5'9"

170cm
140 IQ

The height thing is bullshit. Do lanklets really believe that delusion lol

5'10

then why the hell did you add in IQ option higher than 160 when it's practically obvious that no one here has that amount

6'2"
130 though, i really didn't take a real iq test, just some online ones so I'd take that with a grain of salt.

>Height
5'10"
>IQ
mensa level (2%), according to bell curve at least 130.