Veeky Forums survey

>Did You enjoy Middle And High school
>Do you enjoy university/college
>What's your major
>What do you think should be done to fix how subjects are taught in your school and country
>How stupid is the average student at your university/college

> no
> sometimes
> the usual
> it's not so much that the subjects are taught 'incorrectly'. most of the professors are okay. it's the amount of time wasted on irrelevant courses.
> probably average, with a pretty big SD.

>middle school
No
>high school
Yeah
>uni
no
>molecular biology
>tfw you learn theory but it turns out learning theory is a fancy way of say "how to be unemployed"
I would probably have a better grasp of how stupid my fellow students were if I understood what they were saying in Chinese

no

when I ignore that I go to a party school and just focus on the studying
>What's your major
math
>What do you think should be done to fix how subjects are taught in your school and country
HS should be tougher and non-mandatory, people who can't handle the work should just drop out
I'd say they're around average IQ but they're very immature and I feel lonely because I got nobody to talk to, usually I stay with them inbetween classes and they just talk about partying and getting drunk

>Fucking hated it

>Obviously stressful at times, but yes

>In grade school, kids should be taught WHY and HOW to learn things. School is basically a memorization game, it shouldn't be like that

>Above average intelligence

Oh, and my major is computer engineering

>no
>no
>environmental science
>nothing
>idk, ask them

Yeah but that is because it is a brutal sequence of extreme highs and lows and I'm sure my brain has suppressed all but the mildly tolerable from those years. High school and middle school could have been way better.
Fuck yes. University is the real shit, having a 10/10 experience as we speak.
>What's your major
Pure mathematics
Less bullshit and more to the point, like a university. Use whatever psychology research is available to program kids to not care about socializing or relationships so we can just get through middle school and high school content in 4 years. After the 4 years are over give us therapy so that we regain the urge to socialize and have friends so we can go back to normal but don't have to go to school anymore. Then incentivize us to do 100% socializing and having fun for the next 4 years, and then after those 4 years urge us to go to college. 4+4+4=12 which means that the 12 years we currently waste could be better spent by partitioning it properly.
Not too stupid.

>not really
>very
>chem
>less memorization, more advanced googling
>about as dumb as me, so very stupid

> Fuck no

> Yea I'd say so

> Computer Science

> More encouraging abstraction in thinking, they really focus too much on being super specific and very narrow compared to university content

> There's a weird distribution; like an M shape, there are a lot of people on the low and high ends, and not quite as many in the 'average'

>not one single bit
>sort of, met some really cool people
>computer engineering
>optional attendance
>average on linear algebra midterm was 59. Was an intro class

>Middle school
Nooooo
>High school
Nooooo!
>Major
Pure maffs and chemistry, currently medlet
>What do you think should be done to fix how subjects are taught in your school and country (US)
The first thing that needs to be done is the classroom needs to die. Lectures are for adults. All courses should be taught in a dialogue format that encourages personal inquiry into topics and responsibly engaging in critical conversations. The math and basic science curricula need to be entirely rewritten so that it is actually interesting to students. Controversial opinions: organic chemistry should be taught in high schools instead of retard "memorize a formula" chemistry. Calculus should be replaced with a course that focuses on building proof intuition, like more advanced geometry courses or combinatorics. Introductory physics is such a boring curriculum and needs to be binned in favor of a more engaging, programming-based approach that would teach the same principles. Literature and humanities curricula needs to be scrapped, and should take a multidisciplinary approach that would make students apply what they learn in science about the physical world to current events, art, economics and history.

Schools need to stop hiring retards who demand "respek" because of their position, and need to start hiring people who actually enjoy watching kids' perspectives grow as they learn to understand more about the world.

The focus on discipline, grades and vindictive action against students based on their performance and behavior needs to be changed. Schools should rather focus on fostering a community based around empathy, making others feel valued, and encouraging personal academic projects. When a student acts out, focus on changing the environmental or emotional problems causing behavioral problem, rather on correcting the behavior itself.

>How intelligent
Fairly intelligent, I guess. I don't really pay attention.

>middle school
yes
>high school
yes
>Major
Physics
>Country (Switzerland)
In europe its all cool man... though we should learn a lot more math prequisites to not get fucked up that much in statistical mechanics....
>How intelligent
dont really know... managed to pass first year without trouble so I guess not dumb

>god awful
>god awful
>mathematical physics
>burn the entire thing down and start again, this time actually spend some fucking money
>normie retards whose only skill is getting good grades

>middle school
eh
>high school
yeah
>college
definitely but I picked up an anxiety disorder I'm still working through
>major
Electrical Engineering
>how to fix it
My elementary and middle school didn't tier students at all, which sucked. In college, engineers need to stop bitching about math classes. Lab work was mostly about debugging the fifty wires in my circuit than actually applying knowledge.
>how stupid
Varied a lot. A lot of near-illiteracy. I tutored for a while so I saw some shit.

>>Did You enjoy Middle And High school
Meh, middle school was awkward but I found great friends. HS was a lot more fun, but busy.
>>Do you enjoy university/college
Meh, I don't enjoy stuff as much as I used to
>>What's your major
math grad student
>>What do you think should be done to fix how subjects are taught in your school and country
hard to say, teaching is harder than people think. i'd still say try to make it fun and challenging, make the kids understand instead of memorizing for a change.
>>How stupid is the average student at your university/college
not at all, we underwent drastic selection

>>Did You enjoy Middle And High school
enjoyed some of middle school, overall not really. first half of high school yes, the other half, not at all
>>Do you enjoy university/college
Yeah
>>What's your major
Computer Science
>>What do you think should be done to fix how subjects are taught in your school and country
focus on creating and preparing students to be well rounded adults, not college students / preparation
>>How stupid is the average student at your university/college
probably in the 85-95 iq range. varies a lot and depends on the class obviously

no
yes
>What's your major
phd, math
no grades, only passing a quarterly exam. pass the exam, get credit. professors still teach lectures as before. lectures still have coursework, if you do a good job the professor may give you a "recommendation" to graduate, collect at least 10 recommendations + the required credits to graduate.
they're above average here.

You must be over 18 to post here.

No, bored me to tears.

Yes

>What's your major

Mathematics

Challenge students, be more selective, stop pampering people who would not make it on their own.

I am European, there are not really any stupid people around because we separate different levels of education. That means there is no faculty of pottery, no such thing as dance theory and especially no bullshit like art degrees. That being said there is a noticeable difference between faculties. I'm not sure if this means the average student at other faculties is stupid but more that the quality of education (and expectations of the student in particular) differ by a lot.

no
no
>What's your major
surveying engineering
>What do you think should be done to fix how
subjects are taught in your school and country
remove all non-stem degrees from universities, and remove bottom most of the 'new' universities
supposed to be the highest ranking in the country, yet still full of idiots

>Still hasn't learned one of the languages of the master race
You're going to at least need Mandarin when they become THE Superpower.

>sure
>yes
>I'm a graduate student
>allow less brainlets into universities
>pretty stupid

What the fuck? Why did the majority of Veeky Forums have a shitty high school experience? Is this the logical explanation for all the dick measuring and bitterness in this board?

>Is this the logical explanation for all the dick measuring and bitterness in this board?
That and the fact that people on Veeky Forums are all underachieving idiots larping as savant autists

No. It was a nightmare.
>Did* you enjoy university/college
No. But it was slightly better than High School.
>Major
Mathematics.
Separate schools by gender. Hire more male teachers. Sort students by intelligence. That would fix 90% of the issues I had with school.
About as stupid as anywhere in the west I guess.

I don't know but maybe the fact that high school was extremely un-engaging academically/intellectually and socially fucked up in so many way due to everyone being immature as fuck (including me) could have had something to do with it.

>>Do you
Why is Veeky Forums full of undergrads?