Class has a 30% pass rate

>class has a 30% pass rate

Other urls found in this thread:

usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/rankings
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Be cool with your teacher. Make sure to research and enroll in any kind of extra activities they involve themselves in. Don't kiss ass, just make your presence known.

>open the book
>read the book
>show up to class
>profit

>claim racism
>profit

>class average is 30%
>make that the new "C"
>standard deviation is only 2%
>mfw my 43% nets me an A
>pass with an A, don't know material
>upper division transport course

Why do they fucking do this?

>professor is gay
>not kissing ass
Making myself twink tier can help my GPA.

Because schools have lost sight of their purpose

In order to create artificial scarcity.
Can't be smug about you're degree if you don't fail at least half the class.

I forgot to mention that the class had like 25 students. It surprised the fuck out of me that the variance was so small, so either everyone cheated off each other and still did bad, or we were all clueless. I, less clueless than others.

They want to know who truly understands the material.

I have a friend who got a B average with a 10% on every test. It's just plain dumb.

You Burgers have a funny system. In EU it's either swim or sink. No curves - if 80%-100% of the class fails, so be it. Rarely the prof. drops the necessary % to pass from 60% to 50% but that's it.

But stories like 10% for a B? 43% for an A?
Holy shit.

They do the "average" get's a C thing until you get tenured professors in STEM who don't give a fuck.

O-Chem courses that I TA'd for would have class averages of 35% or so, 75% was a C.

Yeah nigga, it sure says something about lecture when the entire class fails a test. Must mean they're all really dumb, or the most common explanation, that the prof sucks at lecturing.

That an entire class is failing is not happening very often. But it happens. Mostly weed-out classes or very difficult exam questions nobody expected.

>prof sucks at lecturing
>dumb students realize they aren't learning
>they don't understand the material, don't do anything about it
>they fail the midterm
>they still don't understand the material, they still don't do anything at all about it
>most of them fail
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
git gud or git out

I had a professor like that this semester, except I had a decent understanding of the material, but he decided to post ~30hours worth of homework to do 5 days before finals started because he's senile and apparently forgot about it for more than half the semester despite us asking him if he was going to give us homework for the things we were covering.
I'm actually going to lodge a complaint against him because being forced to either do that work or fail his class left me no time to study for a final in another class that I had today that was worth half of the total grade, so I may have just failed that instead.

>or the most common explanation, that the prof sucks at lecturing.
this isn't why at all. If yuropoors had American-level tests but crap professors, at least some students would learn on their own and get solid grades.
They just give their students tests that are a step short of impossible to get 90-100 on and think this is a better method of teaching for some stupid reason.

What class was this? Holy shit.

When I become a prof, I'll teach you all whatever the fuck way-over-your-head shit I want, then throw all your bitch-asses on the curve with a 2.0 GPA being the average and be done with it.

:)

Because they want the government grants, which they get for students graduating. Universities aren't an exception when it comes to working for an incentive. That's why most universities are shit nowadays. They just keep on lowering the standards so more people can enter and graduate, which in turn lowers the worth of the degrees because the employers are well aware of this trend.

You can thank your leftist overlords for this.

>b-b-but it's not my fault as the professor, it's the students! I'm great at teaching!

not sure how this could happen

for example teacher teaches differential equations 1.

you dont have to show up ever all the material and every practice problem known is online.

first exam 60% average

Sure, the professor may be shit, but in the end it's (you) who is responsible for learning the stuff. If you can't even adapt to a situation where the prof is shit, you have no place in uni. Self studying is a thing, the internet is full of alternative course materials/exercises/shit, why limit yourself just because the prof is shit?

>teacher is one of those types who like to fuck students and make as much money as possible off people's backs
>he doesn't just teach our math classes, he's also a lawyer for some inexplicable reason
>literally nobody, student or staff, is man enough to stand up to this guy
>test difficulty varies according to his mood
>he fails people so hard they reconsider their choice of field just to get away from him
>so demoralized I can't even work the nerve to study for this motherfucker's test
>it's in about 5 hours

send help

>First year math course

It's because the shitters haven't been weeded out yet.

>computer architecture
>don't do any of the homework
>fail every quiz
>fail every test
>C-
I think the grade he gave me is kind of low, but I don't really feel like pursuing it.

Yea, but Europeans actually hire good professors who can speak the students' native language
in america, pretty much every non-top ranked university only hires foreign professors who can barely speak english
I have almost finished undergrad and I can count on one hand the number of professors who's classes i've taken, who speak american english as their first language.

>american education

Thanks god here that retarded shit doesn't exist, a 43/100 is a 43/100

>thanks God
Lol good thing English isn't your first language

>jus b urself :)

>t. calc 2

At least it isn't his only language.

It's because they actually pay for it

Holy shit I just managed to pass his fucking finals thanks amphetamines!

My physical chemistry prof doesnt even lecture, he has us do garbage easy "activity packets" in class, barely goes over it at all and then the exam is nothing like we've ever seen in the book or activities. And he doesnt curve

>paying $10,000 a year to teach yourself something

This is actually nice for retarded, tangentially related classes you are forced to take for your major. For example, I had to take an electro magnetics class as a mechanical engineer and only got a 60%, which turned into a B because the rest of the mechanical engineers similarly did not give a fuck about B fields and waves

>Missed a test because of car accident and professor wouldn't let me retake
>Sent him pictures the MOMENT it fucking happened
>Have a fucking zero sitting there.
>Have to get 100 on my exam to pass
>Exam is Monday.
I want to kill this fucking no good nigger.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh talk to the Dean or something?

According to an adviser I went to over it, he's allowed to deem what is and isn't a "reasonable" excuse. My option is to petition to do a retake once the course is over and not have it negatively effect my GPA or credits. Also, my uni has a policy saying if a STEM major fails or withdraws two STEM classes he has to be approved to continue with his major. Already dropped one when I was a Freshman because I was a retard who didn't read over the rules.

just get a 100 bro what are you a brainlet?

>class has 0% pass rate

bullshit like this is why i strayed from higher ed... i could smell it a mile away

t. avionics engineer

What the fuck I'm in social science and even we have anonymized exams. I thought this was standard for anything not full retard

>some random guy at a random shithole uni
>indicative of American education
I'll help you understand the differences in our educations systems with one link:
usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/rankings

THE CHAD PROFESSOR

>Ranking based on research tells you anything about the quality of the education there
Le Mao

This
I'm in a introduction to macroeconomics class right now
>65% average grade
>only person to have a 96 on the last test
>hear people say "Bruh that class is so hard"
>kek
>same people say they're switching from finance to marketing for an easier diploma
>hear them talk about the "hardest" degree in the business school and how the people that do it must be geniuses
>I'm doing that degree
>finals this week and I'm not worried at all
>tfw

yeah it is.
What does that mean

like educational quality matters. If you can read a book you can pass any undergraduate/masterse course. You don't need somebody in front of you dumbing it down.

>don't do any of the homework
>fails every quiz
>fails every test
>not happy with a C-

I hope for your sake that this is bait, you fucking mouthbreather

I want to go study in america so it's easier. i'm in canada. watdo

not a science

>doing this in ochem right now except it's B-/C+ range
>last exam the average was a 59%
>I got a 97.5%

nice job, what's your study routine if you don't mind me askin

it's his second time through the same course, user.

>wanting to pay US international tuition
Why? Canadian schools are good.

That's funny because the UC system is actually experiencing grade deflation as opposed to their private counterparts

If he fails you just report him for boning students you pussy

When it comes to freshman math classes, it's not rare for the majority of the class to genuinely "be dumb". Or at least untrained to the point where they should really be taking remedial classes.

>30% pass rate
>get an A+