Veeky Forums approved podcasts?

Veeky Forums approved podcasts?

Entitled Opinions on Life and Literature

ion, protagoras, gorgias, phaedo, symposium

This. It's great

Read books you pleb, it's way faster, you can read 10 minutes of podcast in something like 3 minutes
If you don't know what to do while commuting listen to classical music

IQ2US Debates

>Open Yale Courses. Especially: Kagan's Ancient Greek History, Rogers's Milton, EchevarrĂ­a's Don Quixote, Dimock's Hemingway, Fitzgerald, and Faulkner, and Mazzotta's Dante in Translation.

These are top tier. As for true podcasts:

>The Brookings Cafeteria if you're into foreign affairs and want the mainstream American elite consensus and sharp expert analysis.

>History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps/History of Philosophy in India. Fascinating survey of the history of philosophy by an academic philosopher (his expertise is in medieval philosophy, esp. medieval Islamic philosophy) and with frequent interviews with academics.

> In Our Time: based British man bullies three Oxbridge academics for 45 minutes. It's great.

> Nature Podcast: interesting discussion of current issues/happenings in science, from a prestigious publication.

One tier below is:

>Mike Duncan. Great narrative history of Rome/various modern revolutions (English, American, French, Haitian, Spanish-American, and July so far), but from a non-academic who is sometimes a bit off-base. But really, Duncan does a great job for the most part, even as a layman, of presenting these events accurately, in detail, and with some pretty decent insight. Very impressive all things considered.

> Dan Carlin. Frequently makes errors, but offers really fun big discussions of historical people/events. Very much pop history/history as entertainment.

Popular podcasts which are shallow pop stuff but still alright and fun to listen to:

>99% Invisible
>Fresh Air (not really fair to put this in here, there's some world-class interviews in FA's backlog).
>Serial/In the Dark
>Lore
>On Being (very hit or miss for me)
>Planet Money
>Radiolab
>Revisionist History (run by Malcolm Gladwell of all people)

I'm sure I missed a ton, but those are a few of the ones I listen to. Bon appétit.

Read a book, you nigger.

Some people have a commute or chores and like to listen to podcasts then. And don't care about classical music. Chill hombres.

Then do the stuff, and then focus on the book. How fucking hard is it?

>no partially examined life

Cringe

this. Most lit of them all, considering they have a text to read for every episode.

Frank Delaney's re:Joyce

You may have heard about this guy recently because he just died. The podcast is a very close reading of Ulysses where he unpacks the allusions and meanings behind every sentence. It may sound dry, but Frank Delaney had a very fun and enthusiastic personality on top of being very knowledgeable about the novel. Also he's Irish.

He died? Fuck. Listening to Re:Joyce right now. How far did he make it through the book?

How was what he said cringe? Splitting your focus between physical work and a podcast is a retarded thing that only guys with ADHD can do. Focus on one thing at a time.

wtf are you genuinely retarded?

>How far did he make it through the book?

About half way through Wandering Rocks.

PEL is the shit - dont read to listen, but read and then go find their applicable ep; much better than any class discussions i have ever had

>being a fucking degenerate
>telling people online how to live their lives
sure buddy

The Roe Jogan Experience

Radio War Nerd with John Dolan and Mark Ames.

They talk about contemporary and historical warfare, war in literature (Dolan was a UC Berkeley English professor), as well as journalism in general. Most of the old episodes are free and they occasionally release some for free by popular demand. Today they released a free episode with an extensive interview of Robert Parry who broke much of the Iran-Contra scandal and was pushed to the margins for it.

I've tried. I can't stand them. They're boring bourgeois opinions are just too much. Admittedly I only listened to 4 episodes, but there was an utter lack of moral or intellectual imagination. Listening to them filter Confucius through the most simplistic set of 21st century liberal values was just... nah.

You can't drive or wash dishes while paying attention to a conversation or a lecture? Are you serious?

joke: chapo
woke: cum town
bespoke: hydewars

seconding chapo and cum town. cum town is the spearhead of the new american left

In Our Time
Tel Aviv Review
Econtalk
Conversations with Bill Kristol
Matters of State
Stratfor Talks

>Conversations with Bill Kristol
legit end it all

G O R I L L A M I N D S E T
G

Don't bully the brainlet

In Our Time has God-tier academics as guests, and to make things better, the host bulles them in-between his wheezing fits.

as an /ic/fag I've come to appreciate audiobooks, but yeah, reading is both faster and more intense.

Only acceptable answer

>based British man bullies three Oxbridge academics for 45 minutes.

hahhahaha holy shit so true. hes amazing. those are great and have an extensive backlog for listening. they dont just do literature either.