Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums,

Just a reminder that time doesn't exist.

Well said.

Time is controlled by the sun and the moon

I don't exist, I just think I do.

Time exists, tense does not.

But tense does exist, what tense signifies does not (i.e., time)

then who was phone?

probably more accurate to say gravity?

but time is an artificial construct to communicate the phenomena we attribute it to. the reality is, it's always now, forever. that's what I tell my boss when I'm late for work anyways.

Good excuse, can't be late if you're always on time.

If time didn't exist nothing could change, the universe would remain static.

Any association between change and the passage of time is entirely symbolic. Nothing about "change" denotes a transition of moments. Things do change, sure, but that does not progress time. Again, associations between change and the passage of time are arbitrary and contextual within a larger symbolic order.

You make my c/lit/ chakra buzz something fierce

Time is an Archon.

Time is just a label we give to something that passes. We are slaves to time though, and that kind of bothers me.

But it does not even pass.

Any movement of time, forward or backward, is falsely attributed to arbitrary connotations we assign to the concept. Past would have no significance if there was not a future. It is all dependent on a linguistic framework wherein we assign meaning to words only based on there difference to other words.

Time is no different. If time must exist at all, then it can surely only exist within us.

Nigga wtf is this shit.

The concept that the word 'Time' is an isomorphism of is not held hostage by language. Supplant any word into your argument for time and it is equally "valid" (/specious)

Thanks for proving my point?

Can a concept precede linguistic thought?

Certainly not one humans could fathom. That is why I believe the particular association with time in this case is especially compelling given the significance we assign to time, as if is an omnipotent constantly thrusting us into the "future." But the future is now, and so is the past. Only is can ever be.

*omnipotent force

A chair exists wether or not someone is there to concecptulaize it.

Time exists wether someone is there to conceptionalize, experience, etc. it or not too. It is simply the "thing" that (total closed and isolated system) energy is invariant under.

Your position when taken to its ends is that nothing exists because language is needed to make the isomorphism between object and experiencer. There's no reason to beleive this

Jesus christ I can't spell on my phone. Please forgive all typos

That's the same logic as saying lightning and thunder aren't the same

> Time exists wether someone is there to conceptionalize, experience, etc. it or not too

literally read kant or shut the fuck up

reminder what counts is not existence but usefulness.

If time does not exist, how come I can set my alarm to wake me up at 8 am? How does the alarm know when to wake me up, if there is no time? Check and mate.

8am has no basis in reality, you're using math to dictate your life, wake up sheeple

I think it characterizes our species quite well as a whole that we've invented ways of recording things that do not exist and, in fact, rule our lives by them.

pls be in london

Past is defined by the direction of our memories.

lol

> Anonymous 04/07/17(Fri)14:57:44

Cogito ergo sum

Time only seems to unfold because of our perception of it. If you could pull back far enough you would see all of "time" in an instant.

t. cuck

>Time only seems to unfold because of our perception of it
clocks lack sensible faculties however they're able to track time as it unfolds

>Just a reminder that time doesn't exist.
>post made at 04/07/17(Fri)13:57:44
Really makes you think.

No, clocks are mechanisms created to measure an arbitrary human perception. Place a clock in a ship traveling at great speed and it will no longer measur your "time" but the "time" as perceived by anyone on the ship.

That "arbitrary human perception" *is* time, brainlet

Which is what I said, brainlet. It's a perception of your reality that doesn't exist a priori outside of you.

bump

Aristotle already knew this. Read Physics.

wow true

How can you tell what something exists and something doesn't if you haven't defined the «existence» term before?

woah.....................................

and how can you define existence before you define define?

Basically 'nuh-uh' the post.

The ability to define beings (das Seinende) is given naturally to every Dasein because of Sein, which opens everything to our perception. You can't define the car as «red» if the car doesn't exist.

Sod off, Gareth. Nice trips though.