Where do computer engineers rank on the hardness scale? I'm thinking of majoring in it, but math is not my strong suit

Where do computer engineers rank on the hardness scale? I'm thinking of majoring in it, but math is not my strong suit.

Other urls found in this thread:

lee.eng.uerj.br/~gil/redesII/hamming.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can you follow this?
lee.eng.uerj.br/~gil/redesII/hamming.pdf

It seems like that paper was meant for people who already had some knowledge of how it worked

They do get pretty hard when they're around each other

It was the original paper on the subject.

Well, no I don't understand that shitty paper. It reads like I should already know what they're talking about.

Dont do CE then, brainlet

It was required reading in my freshman class and compared to most journal papers, it was very easy to read.

It really depends on where you study
You'll need to know some math if the college of your choice focus on electronics. Else, it is relatively easy compared to other engineering majors.

>All engineers have to take
Calculus 1&2
Multivariable and Vector Calculus
Linear Algebra
Ordinary Differential Equations
>MechE and ChemE also take
Partial Differential Equations
Numerical Methods
>EE and CompE also take
Probability and Stochastic Processes
Fourier Transforms / Systems & Signals Analysis
>CompE also takes
Discrete Math
Information Theory

>multivariable calc
>vector calc
>different courses
Thats when you know you go to a shit-tier brainlet-tier uni

pretty much this but CompE also take Numerical Methods. also the math classes are not the hard part, its the upper level engineering classes, especially the ones with labs, and taking 5 of them at once

multivariable means R^n
vector means integration of differential forms along submanifolds of R^3

Above bio, maybe slightly below physics.

>reading comprehension

Yes, and if these things are taught in different courses, it means your school is fucking shit

this is pretty accurate of how we had it

Nobody cares

>math is not my strong suit

The math/physics classes are the easy part of that degree user. Microprocessors, operating systems, and computer architecture will kick the shit out of you if you think calculus is bad.

>operating systems, and computer architecture

They are basically memorization classes. If you can pass organic chem or a foreign lang, you can pass them.

True list. Especially linear algerbra if you are a CE. Although that is more for software. You need to be good at math, but honestly if you work at it and want it enough you should be okay.

Operating systems at my uni (aka good non-brainlet unis) is an actual programming class

System programming is not OS theory

>he hasn't written a cpu scheduler
>he hasn't implemented a file system
>he hasn't written an interrupt routine
my condolences

You will definitely be fighting an uphill battle. If you aren't good at math then you might want to try self study before dropping dosh.

It's about as hard as every other major. Just do it because you find it interesting. Don't let math scare you - the upper level CE courses will be more challenging than the lower level math you're required to take.

>organic chem is a memorizing class