youtube.com/watch?v=o_djTy3G0pg
skepticblog.org/2009/03/10/monty-hall-problem-put-to-the-test/
damninteresting.com/monte-hall-simulator/
onlinestatbook.com/2/probability/monty_hall_demo.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I'm not degenerate.
Then you'll never be smart.

>How do you concentrate while reading?

Go to a quiet place without any distractions. Failing that, I probably won't bother trying to read something.

I don't have any trouble focusing on a single task if there aren't any active distractions in my environment.

2/3 > 1/2
so no you dont switch

stop using meme facebook pages and your concentration will improve

take your ADHD meds or get your shit together and exercise your concentration

>moral best interest
My moral best interest is to not choose at all

>exercise your concentration
How do you do this?

>not pulling the switch, walking away, and forever telling yourself you picked the door with only one person and that he was probably a dick

The Monty Hall Problem works because you know that Monty only opens goat doors. If one of them was opened randomly and happened to be a goat door, then the choice is 50/50. Since it's not clear why one of the tracks is revealed in this example, there's no reason to pull any lever.

>responding to the image instead of responding to the topic of the thread

Sorry newfag, on an IMAGE board both the text and image are on-topic. Consider it free bumps

Sorry, I have a hard time concentrating while reading.

That's what happens when you post an image more interesting than your comment.

Same as the original Monty Hall. When one door is revealed, the remaining one that you did not pick has a 2/3 chance of of having 1 person. So you switch to it.

The monty hall problem looks like complete bullshit to me. I understand the solution, but it still smells like tricky shit made only to fuck with your brain.

How do you justify the statement "you have to consider the past"? When one door is opened, I have a 50/50 in front of me. Who cares of the previous chance. There was 2/3 a chance, then the chance changes and there's a 50/50 chance.

2 doors share a 2/3 chance. If one is revealed, the remaining door will encompass the entirety of the 2/3 chance.

But that's bullshit. Again: how do you rationally justify the arbitrary statement "you have to consider the past chance"?

It looks much more like a philosophical problem than a mathematical one.

If you pick incorrectly you have picked one of the two possible incorrect options.

Monty is required to show you a wrong door out of the two you didn't pick.

If your initial choice was wrong, then he has to show you the other incorrect choice, meaning that the correct choice is neither the door you chose nor the door he opened.

If your initial choice is wrong, then switching will give you the correct choice.

You are more likely to be wrong on the first decision, so it is always in your favor to switch.

The problem is not asking to you to pick one of the remaining doors in isolation of the third. It is asking you if you want to switch.

How can the chance still be 2/3 after one door was opened?

If you are supposed to get a phone call at a random time between yesterday and tomorrow and you didn't get it yesterday, the chance that you will get it tomorrow is the same as the chance that you will get it today, 1/2. Yesterday, and whether or not the person who is supposed to call you knows when they will call or not, are irrelevant factors.

Alright, you're fucked up by the logic shit and you can't answer my question.

Waiting for someone who can answer me.

underrated mem

How long can you read? If you can concentrate for 20 min, you can read multiple times a day for 20 min. Your concentration should improve if you do this daily. Without drugs you have to practice that.

This.

Also, another example why the chance argument is bullshit:

You pick a door, then Monty opens another door and reveals the goat;
You walk out the room and another person replaces you;
This person sees one door is already open and sees the goat;
This person has to open one of the remaining doors without knowing your initial choice;
What is their chance? 50/50.

Now, why couldn't I (myself) be THAT person?

force yourself to.
something i used to do was if i wanted to do something else i would force myself to keep rereading a sentence until i decided to continue.

Read my post again It addresses all this.

The reason why "you have to consider the past chance" is because in the initial decision you had higher odds of picking incorrectly, and in the event that you picked incorrectly the final door will be the correct door because Monty is required to show you the other incorrect door, meaning that it is to your benefit to switch 2/3rds of the time. Seriously dude, I am not trying to be condescending, just reread my earlier post I can't spell it out any clearer than that.

Bayes theorem gives the right answer. And Bayes trumps everything else, including science.

You are a stupid moron

Man, I do not need to understand the solution or the logic behind the problem. I've already read the entire wikipedia page and I got it. What I'm saying is that I don't believe in the logical argument.

Like Galileo Galilei would say, provide me empirical results based upon the test method and we'll see. For example, are there any statistics that confirm the majority of people who participated in the game actually won the car? If so, I can change my opinion. But, as it now stands, probability and chance look like thin air to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=o_djTy3G0pg

skepticblog.org/2009/03/10/monty-hall-problem-put-to-the-test/

damninteresting.com/monte-hall-simulator/

onlinestatbook.com/2/probability/monty_hall_demo.html

Here is a real life test as well as three computer simulations.