Academic sharing

>Be me, 25 year-old medfag
>Spend countless hours painstakingly crafting an extremely comprehensive Anki (spaced repetition program) deck for our upcoming licensing exam (which determines which specialties you can go into)
>Chad classmates finds out about it and asks if he can have it
>Don't want to seem like a niggard, so I give it to him

I know it's not a huge deal, but at the same time it feels a bit weird to just give away something that I sacrificed so much time creating just so someone else can benefit from it without doing any of the work...Moreover, in theory, the better others do on the exam, the harder it is for me to get a high score since it is based on percentiles.

What is your opinion of this sort of thing? Would you have shared it? Would you ever have the audacity to ask for something like that from someone? (I wouldn't)

why the fuck did you not charge him for it? jesus....

you broke rule #1: don't be a cuck

So u gave him a copy right?

Absolutely disgusting. The weak should fear the strong.

I can understand the desire to help another student, regardless of the competitive nature of the program. But I would never let other people know about this because it's obvious that assholes would come and annoy me about it.

If someone wants to be a study buddy, and we help each other throughout a semester, that's fine in my book. I'd share tools, methods and other resources so long as they were making some kind of meaningful contribution to my success. Even if it's not 50/50, that's ok.

But some asshole comes and just asks me for shit? Fuck 'em.

you knew that it was based on percentiles so you should have said "sure Chad I will sent it to you later!" and then you adjust it so he learns false information

>captcha: AQUAFORM ARMOUR

>What is your opinion of this sort of thing? Would you have shared it? Would you ever have the audacity to ask for something like that from someone?

i would have shared it. don't be petty. yes, it's a pain the ass to make anki decks, but come on.

and yes, i think i would probably would have asked, but would also feel somewhat indebted and more than happy to reciprocate if they needed help with something.

I should mention that, though he is a Chad, I am on good terms with this guy. I am basically a loner at my school, but I lived with this medChad for a year, and he's one of the only people who actually gives a semblance of a fuck about me. He has done many favors for me in the past.

Also, I would never charge someone for that. That goes against my cultural beliefs. I'd rather just say no and seem like an asshole than charge someone and seem like a jew.

Yes, I did. I also told him to not share it with anyone else.

I thought about giving him a watered down (but not sabotaged with misinformation) version, but he caught me off guard with a thumb drive.

>He has done many favors for me in the past.

you'd have to be a world-class faggot not to share it in that case

information is free man

If he's your friend, and he's done you many favors in the past, why would you introduce him in your post as "some chad" as opposed to "my only friend because im a loser"?

pic rel

If it's a friend who's helped you out in the past why the fuck wouldn't you?

As long as someone's not just leeching off you constantly, helping someone out is never a bad thing.

what did you put on your anki cards(diagrams, questions,etc)

If chad helped you in the past you should return the favour. You shouldve made it a condition that he doesn't share the deck with your cohort. You never know when you'll need his help again in the future

>Fuck helping other people they are my enemies trying to steal my jobs
Jesus Christ how horrifying.

>I know it's not a huge deal, but at the same time it feels a bit weird to just give away something that I sacrificed so much time creating just so someone else can benefit from it without doing any of the work...
You have to learn how to keep a secret
Move in silence etc.

>Moreover, in theory, the better others do on the exam, the harder it is for me to get a high score since it is based on percentiles.
Moreover moreover, if helping one person bumps you out of the last cutoff mark, you didn't deserve it anyway. If everyone helps everyone the result will be the same but everyone is on good terms instead of constantly being sly and fucking one another.

This is why med is cancer.

>This is why med is cancer.

This attitude is honestly no more prevalent than in any other competitive field. It's just a few in a much greater bundle that realizes how silly such acts our considering like you said, the price you pay is a poisonous atmosphere where you can't trust anyone. And for what? A extremely small chance your help means someone will now overtake your position in a way that actually matters? Most people in such institutions will have the intelegence to see how stupid of an exchange that is.

>He has done many favors for me in the past.

case settled, go be a nigger somewhere else, you destroyed another thread by making your thread for nothing

depends on the magnitude of the favors

you're a good person, OP.

i'm a medfag too. i don't usually hang out with fellow students because they're gunners and neurotic as hell and talk about nothign other than school.

but i also was a teacher for 5 years so it's in my nature.

i think if you're really smart and do your due diligence, you shouldn't fear thinking of it all as a zero sum game.

but i respect you, op. good on you. hilarious image too.

You did the right thing OP. A great man shares his knowledge with the rest of the world, only a beta would keep it all to himself. The thing is, you are the intelligent one, the one who is able to replicate that information or project and design new concepts. He doesn't have that ability. It's the same things as discovering a mathematical theorem and sharing it with the world.

Any tips for making better cards? When I make them sometimes it's difficult to put important information on a card if it's so broad. Also for things that are multi step, is it better to just cram it into one card or try to break it up?

posts like these remind me of how awful/dumb med students tend to be

>a lazy Arab dude asks me to add his name to my final project for Electrical Power Systems classes
>claims to have misunderstood the task
>say no
>he asks what do I want in exchange
>tell him to bugger off
>he fails the subject

>another fucking Arab who's always late for classes asks me for the materials for Internal Combustion Engines
>tell him they are behind a password and I'm not allowed to share

Imagine spending 8 years memorizing information.
medfags are such brainlets.