Cool/Insightful Quotes

Post some nice quotes from scientists and mathematicians here please :)

>Each new generation born is in effect an invasion of civilization by little barbarians, who must be civilized before it is too late.
>Talkers are usually more articulate than doers, since talk is their specialty.
>The most basic question is not what is best, but who shall decide what is best.
Thomas Sowell

Thomas Sowell isn't a scientist nor a mathematician

He's something
I only just found him when I was Googling Milton Friedman
Hmm regardless
I messed up the first guy but the quotes are still nice and you can continue properly now that we've dispensed with the this and the that

"Young man, in mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them" - von Neumann.

Nothing in Biology makes sense, except in the light of evolution.

If, in some cataclysm, all of scientific knowledge were to be destroyed, and only one sentence passed on to the next generations of creatures, what statement would contain the most information in the fewest words? I believe it is the atomic hypothesis (or the atomic fact, or whatever you wish to call it) that all things are made of atoms—little particles that move around in perpetual motion, attracting each other when they are a little distance apart, but repelling upon being squeezed into one another. In that one sentence, you will see, there is an enormous amount of information about the world, if just a little imagination and thinking are applied.

--- Richard Feynman

>Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world.
Archimedes

Woah that really opens my eyes.
I will post them as a facebook status or my wall background.
So cool thanks op

You're very welcome
Jerkface

>Well @realDonaldTrump, at least I will go down as a president!

>Ooga booga if if if uhh uhh ahh ahh if if if

>Okie doke

Barack Obama

>>>/Pol

>people chose a literal charlatan
>everyone is being ok with it
oh america you so crazy

>If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.
Isaac Newton

>Mathematics is a hard thing to love. It has the unfortunate habit, like a rude dog, of turning its most unfavourable side towards you when you first make contact with it.
David Whiteland

Did you know that Newton's quote, which sounds modest and self-effacing, is actually a "dig" at his rival Robert Hooke?
Hooke was a dwarf.
No one questions Newton's brilliance but he was an arrogant, mean-spirited bastard you wouldn't want to know.

>Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
- Albert Einstein

Is that what you learned in brohistory class? Pure speculation.

he must watch Rick and Morty

>true
>not just approximately accurate up to a certain degree

>the infinitely many people who use this quote to differentiate themselves from the "infinitely stupid" human race