Cryptography

Any good books about cryptography, like explaining the basic principles? Eager to read one.

Other urls found in this thread:

Veeky
lost-contact.mit.edu/afs/adrake.org/usr/rkh/Books/books/Kahn, David - The CodeBreakers.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

koblitz - course in number theory and cryptography

Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Computer_Science_and_Engineering#Computer_Security_and_Cryptography

This should always be the course of action for textbook threads when the source for textbooks is easily found on the Wikia.

Be... sure... to... drink... your... Ovaltine!

I've looked at the wiki. It's not necessarily the last word on textbooks, and it's downright biased and inaccurate in places. I welcome other informed opinions.

Considering it is an aggregate of those same "informed opinions" I doubt you'll glean much else, if anything, the Wikia is a better source because of its aforementioned traits whilst being somewhat protected by the ability to undue blatant trolling and its semi-niché toward the older posters (from Veeky Forums's golden era, who are more experienced).
>Picture related

Schneier is always a reliable resource on cryptography, e.g. "Applied Cryptography."

Well, certainly Veeky Forums is the world's leading authority on science and math. [eye-roll]

>Well, certainly Veeky Forums is the world's leading authority on science and math.
Then why ask for Veeky Forums's opinions on science and math? For a smart-arse you're certainly lacking in the smart portion. [eye-roll]

I'm not OP, fuckwit.

Then don't fucking reply to my post, dumbskull. To note, I was (literally) quoting OP and not stating my opinion (see ). I was simply conveying to him, that if he values Veeky Forums's opinion, then the Wikia is a better source of it, most likely from a better time (see picture in ) and it didn't require you asinine attempts. Which were, as it turns out, entirely misplaced and a wonderful example of your lack of [reading comprehension], perhaps resit remedial English 101 before stepping in the ring with me again.
>Pic is me, dick is plenty big

>and it's downright biased and inaccurate in places

Java is cancer and vim/emac are for it monkeys.

Lol. Relax, dude. You'll have a stroke.

He says, whilst on the floor choking for air from the last assault. What took you so long to reply? Trying to contain yourself? Didn't want another pimp-slap? Good boy, SIT.

You seem about 12 mentally. Believe it or not, no one was breathlessly waiting here for another incoherent, emotional reply from some obvious retard. As I said, relax, eat something, take a nap. You're all worked up over nothing.

lost-contact.mit.edu/afs/adrake.org/usr/rkh/Books/books/Kahn, David - The CodeBreakers.pdf

"The Codebreakers" Written before RSA and public-key cryptography but you said you wanted the basics.

The PDF is on-line and free to read or save.

Hilarious, I'm retard? I'm immature? Friendo, you couldn't even separate a quote, in quotation marks from the rest of the prose, I needn't worry about your juvenile attempts at sparring until you grow some chin-hair, Telemachus.

Yes, you actually do seem emotionally and socially retarded, seriously. I say that as someone who has conducted group and individual counseling sessions professionally. And I'm probably old enough to be your father. So relax. Quit spinning your wheels and shadowboxing. All that cortisol and adrenaline is really bad for your health. Really. If you can't control your emotions, get professional help.

>An empty post appears
Mhm, very interesting, too bad it lacks rhetoric or meaningful content. Perhaps you do belong on Veeky Forums, but I'm still waiting on that chin-hair.

>koblitz
Wait a sec. Like neal koblitz from university of washington?

Katz and Lindell Intro to modern Cryptography isn't bad.