How do we get the youth into science

It's alarming how few of my generation give a damn about science today

delete popsci
increase funding to hire better scientific educators in high schools

I got into math because teaching myself probability allowed me beat the other kids at magic the gathering by cosntructing a superior deck

It is because the gender who are most naturally inclined toward STEM, males, are constantly degraded and berated for being masculine. First, you need to help them deal with the 21st milieu of misandry.

Why flood the field further with low IQ "people"?

More interest in science=more funding and support for science

And the high IQ people should still float to the top.

The intellectually superior with the proper skills get into more STEM fields, but we still need funding and support from the masses which is why more people should be more interested in the sciences

the problem with modern education is that they teach you how instead of why.

and the low IQ people you speak off at that point, would've had more IQ by the time they're more educated.

>they teach you how
If you're lucky, most of the time they just teach you:
>The answer to question X is answer X, please memorize so you can pass your test.

Lol. Good one.

>fund high IQ people so they can become even more rich and successful while you're still a middling blue collar worker, now more dollars short

good counter argument

>Not funding technological progress

Popsci is the only thing that keeps a huge amount of people at all interested in science, that's a terrible idea.

Also, OP, what do you even mean by that? Science courses are some of the most popular at any university generally, my uni has three entire departments dedicated to it, and most of the research done is in medicine, another science, or psychology generally.

Kids aren't going to be super into anything but popsci because they don't have the technical knowledge or ability to understand the world around them to get why big discoveries and research are important.

This, though often you don't even get taught how.

> yes we need their shekels goyim
kys

Even dumb people know not to fund their explicit demise.

You can't convince someone to think for themselves and value a search for truth and empirical knowledge by evangelizing to them.

This.

People are peddling the end result, and factoids, as true "science", and people are forgetting about the process that actually yields new discoveries.

I think it's part of the push away from individualism and towards collectivism. Dangerous because an amoebic herd that attacks merit and champions mediocrity accomplishes nothing.

Sagan was based. I loved his tv show Cosmos when I was younger. I watched it recently once more. He's very good at getting his audience excited and sharing his view by putting things into perspective. Often gets into actively sharing his political views but into the cold war context this is somewhat understandable.

Tyson is also good at public speaking. But in this generation with virtually no attention span larger than 140 characters, he's making the most of his screen time. Short sentences. "Really make you feel" metaphors. The kind of things the masses like so he gets more screen time to talk about science.
Despite the "black man science" memes and all the hate he's getting on this board, from the youtubes videos I used to watch (2015) he's pretty much no bullshit compared to what you get instead, like bill nye - the bachelor degree- the science guy.

I've started re-reading Sagan's Contact earlier this week. I used to love this book in my teenage days. But re-reading it now, all the forced feminism, sexual empowerment and whatsoever pushed in this book sickens me. I didn't care at all before. Now I'm like a reverse tumblr tier trigger fag. Wtf happened? :(

are you retarded? is this bait?

This simply isn't true. There is no evidence that any education after adolescence increases iq by any substantial or significant amount. If you could increase iq the market for that would be insane, but life is cruel for the unlucky.

>It's alarming how few of my generation give a damn about science today

The educational system is designed to produce obedient workers, not intelligent, educated individuals with some remaining curiosity.

Check out "The deliberate Dumbing down of America", you can probably find it on youtube....

After you have watched it, check out how shitty common core is, and then maybe have a little cry.