How often do you feel retarded?

How often do you feel retarded?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If I had to estimate I would say about 90 minutes per day, with a couple days a week of uninterrupted intellectual confidence.

You're almost like me, except that when I enter the whirlpool of self-loathing I can get lost in that void for hours.

24/7.

This, my lack of knowledge and capability are so obvious I dont know how others can bring themselves to speak to me.

my retarded equals

I accidentally got too deep into the Socratic idea of accepting one's own ignorance and came to realise that I am completely devoid of knowledge and thus feel retarded all of my waking life.

It's been this way for about five years now and if there is a way off this crazy ride, I necessarily do not know it.

Have you been learning things during these five years, at least?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

Internalize this and become an epicurean

I feel at home with Veeky Forums

Yes but it all seems like I am opening a tiny crack to a vast and unknowable wealth of knowledge. I think the idea is to be comforted by your own ignorance but I find it inspires a kind of cosmic horror.

I think I am precisely smart enough to feel that something is wrong but not smart enough to really articulate or do anything about it, so i'm just a retard bawling and shaking his fists at the universe.

I feel bad for philosophy fags. They all seem to cling to certain schools like religious zealots, and then spend all their time trying to refute other thinkers or schools, and such refutations always carry with them a vibration of anxiety over being wrong, and having a life view that is incorrect in its totality.

Only retards do this. It's far better to be a well-read eclectic, taking from each school to mold your own personal philosophy.

Your advice to be an epicurean reminded me of this post Lucretius explicitly suggested to enjoy the spectacle of the world burning and resurrecting from its ashes, because in the end it's all about atoms endlessly mixing together and being divided again.

How do we deal with Dunning-Kruger, however? We have to find the middle ground, be aware of our ignorance and enterprising at the same time? If you're not enterprising you'll never get to realise your own organic system, your overall comprehension of things.

>How do we deal with Dunning-Kruger
Epicureanism.

Seek moderate pleasure, live functionally, reduce suffering. Thinking about your failings produces only misery, its best to seek good friends, good wine, a quiet place, and a good book

>its best to seek good friends, good wine, a quiet place, and a good book
You basically rattled out the supreme wisdom, bro. But that risks becoming superficial and misleading.

>superficial and misleading
If it does it becomes hedonism, which of course increases suffering.

bumpi

usually 5-8 times a week.

every time i interact with girls or find myself in some other uncomfortable social situation

Me to a T, damn...

Every single time I interact with a human being in any way whatsoever.

Pretty much every time I talk to another human being, I assume they had a mixture of pity and contempt for me. I walk away from every goddamn social thing, things as simple as checking out books at the library, assuming that the guy's response was basically
>Uh.. Okay.......
inside his head, because I fucked up fifty things that I didn't even notice I fucked up.

Then I usually dwell on some aspect of it, like how I stood for too long because I didn't know whether I was "supposed to" say goodbye, or because of that anxiety I kept repeating "SO UH, SO UH, SO UH, SO UH, SO UH" constantly to fill every awkward silence. And then that kind of analysis spirals into self-loathing as I think of more and more nuances of how I probably appear to people, and how I'm a shuffling weird childlike fuck who can't make eye contact. Then I chant that I'm a piece of shit inside my head over and over again.

The worst encounters are the ones where the person is really nice and I like them a lot, because I know I ruined it and squandered their niceness.

Several times a day. That other user's estimate of 90 minutes doesn't seem that far off to me.

I do a few things everyday I classify as retarded and feel stupid for having done

All the damn time.