Existential crisis

How do you get out of the existential crisis?
I've read stuff that can't be unread

What have you read op?

You find God

Learn to lie to yourself like everyone else

Mostly Celine that put words on what I felt but couldn't but words on it

>t. Youngins

get into conjectural hapines

>I've read stuff that can't be unread

was any of it written by this guy?

You kill yourself. There you go: easy, breezy and altogether peasy.

Travel

Listen to Jordan Peterson, become a nazi.

Vitamin D, exercise, quit smoking and weed and booze.

You will end up becoming this cynical badass that is perfectly fine with the world burning around them. Just realize that its all chemicals in your brains and also that you cannot control the actions of others and society, only yours. Just sit back, make some tea, eat some strawberries or something and play oblivion or some shit.

You're welcome pleb.

What did he mean by this?

>just b the self i want u to b
wow thanks

I just gave you some advice in order not to be a depressive faggot. Its your choice what you do with it.
I went through serious existential crisis, and two long term psychotic and DID episodes.

I dont even think about thsi shit whenever i read philosophy nowadays. Just deal with it. Abuse the fact that the world is burning, dont try to fix it. Not even worth it.

o-okay..
i-i guess i'll write some p-poetry.. about coastal e-ennui..

Why vitamin D?
Why strawberries?

coastal ennui is a nice expression.

But youre still a faggot.

Most men are deficient in vitamin D and Zinc. Especially vitamin d which is a HORMONE. Without it we get into existential dread and watn to kill ourselves. It helped me a lot

Was just a random suggestion i threw in, you can follow my advice if you wish.

I think I'm going to kill myself either way

"Clinical trials of vitamin D supplementation for depressive symptoms have generally been of low quality and show no overall effect"

Why do you want to get out of it?

I wish I could have another but I just don't seem to care enough anymore.

tyvd is that you?

Stop caring about death. Seneca helps

>just chemicals in brains
Ugh, I've grown tiresome of this bit. Reducing mental activity down to its raw form does but help little, and does not take into account the subjectivity of each persons psyche. If only, though, solving the mental anguish after a divorce; after having your kids taken away from you; after your parents dying, could be solved by a mere chemical balancing! Oh boy! How great would our world be! Rejoice, for we have discovered the cure to unhappiness!

This, OP. You'll miss caring.

>the cure to unhappiness!

To kys.

>this cynical badass that is perfectly fine with the world burning around them

Kindly go hang yourself, you memelord.

Exactly! However, the material being will persist; the killing of one's self lies in the recognition of the other.
Transcending involves active realization and incessant use of will. Succeeding will bring forth an identity formerly unknown, yet completely recognizable.
The grave of your buried prior will grow forgotten, and you will rejoice with happiness!

He's right, bro, why lying to yourself?

Read Freud, Jung, Lacan and Heidegger.

Listen to what they are saying.

This is cringe as fuck. Make tea, eat strawberries, and play Oblivion? That's no badass. That sounds like a basement dweller.

vaporize some weed and think about it again

Or

read nietzsche

Or

vaporize some weed and read Nietzsche

B-but weed is linked to depression

just learn to live with the existential dread and realize that nothing has changed since before you gained it

so many questions, I'm bamboozled

Biology and neurology play a huge role in mood disorders, existential crisis, suicide, etc. Instead of growing tiresome perhaps you should educate yourself on the subject.

first time visiting Veeky Forums in about 2 years because too busy reading the western canon
>mfw it's reddit now

bye again

word.

what are some good existential crisis books? nausea, the pigeon, notes from underground

i´m sorry

This is the second time I've seen someone say something like this. Last time was some shitlord talking about Skyrim.

I would recommend reading more things involving the feelings you have. I find a lot of comfort in authors like Kurt Vonnegut and HP Lovecraft because they take themes like depression, the unknown, and existence and make it really silly or exaggerated and show how useless it is to worry about it and advise to just focus on what we do have and know.

have you tried not thinking?

hedonism?

You stop fucking reading. You get out and experience the world. Talk to people. Meditate.

this.

The thing is, skyrim sucks. Oblivion rules.

You're all faggots for talking shit when i was clearly giving him some advice regarding existential crisis.

ambivalence is only solved by action, not thought. You need to do something, anything. Only through action do you move forward.

read gravitys rainbow and listen to smile sessions by the beach boys
thank me later

a lot of people who tend towards weed and substance abuse have depressive treats, there are people who smoke weed and never get depressed

If you remember me, then I don't care if everyone else forgets.

An interesting combination

get out?

An Hero before it gets any worse.

this poster is really dumb but his initial recommendations are right. get exercise and sunlight, eat better, save intoxicants only for weekends. You'll feel so much clearer and purposeful in a few weeks.

I want to believe this poster is like 19 or even 17 but I think he's 27

Find a creative goal. Are you a NEET? Can your parents pay for your expenses? Pursue a disciplined life, master a craft and create something.
I may be a bit too prejudiced, but when I say goal I mean specifically art. Get really good at playing a classical instrument, or at painting, or at writing, or at whatever you've got in mind, and produce the art of the highest degree you could possibly imagine. Be so ambitious that for you to keep living every single one of your weaknesses has to be erased. If you're a writer you're competing with Dante and Shakespeare, if you're a musician you're competing with Bach and Beethoven. Obviously when I say competing I don't mean that you have to follow strictly traditions, rather to take these great artists as a sign of how deep, deliberate, sentimental and masterfully crafted a piece of art can be.
Stop wasting time and aim for the best, become your own goal.

If you're a wageslave: I honestly don't know, only thinking about it makes me want to commit suicide.
my2c

This unironically.