Tell me how you feel about this image, Veeky Forums

tell me how you feel about this image, Veeky Forums

Feels pretty damn accurate to be honest.

>tfw mine is 95% read and 5% intend to read
Am I just poor

more like a saver, assuming you only buy books when you're sure you're going to read them soon

Mine is other way around.

I think I'm sitting around 60% read, 40% intend.

Around 150 books I didn't read. Fine hardcovers too.
Works like a charm on fresh uni pussy. God I love being a pseud.

all my books are either read or intending to read. if i don't like something or have no intention of reading it, i donate it.

>purely for show
Anybody that does this should first leave this board and then consider suicide.

I also wear designer clothes and drive an expensive impractical car. You sound poor and mad.

>using books as decoration

>60 or so books read, 3 unread, one of them lent to me by a friend
I fell for the backlog meme with vidya, I won't buy a book I don't intend to read and I won't buy new books until I'm finished with my unread.

If you like how books look, honestly why not?

Yes. They work pretty great as decoration.

But you already don't buy books you don't intend to read, so you see what I mean.

I buy books that I MAY read at some point but that I just want to at least own for the time being.

But literally putting books in a room for show is a pathetic form of vanity.

>100% books read since I'm a fucking poorfag who has only bought like 10 books and only reads books borrowed from the library.

Get on my level, materialists.

They just stole this from the first chapter of If On A Winter's Night A Traveler

Well, that's just me. If someone else liked the way books but did not like to read them I'd see nothing wrong with them buying books for decoration.

;_;

Pretty accurate. I'd have way more browns though. And I just sell all the "wish I hadn't reads" so I can buy more "intending to reads".

>decorating your habitat is bad
wew

Books are not made for furniture, but there is nothing else that so beautifully furnishes a house.
-Henry Ward Beecher

Okay, this one I'll admit.

I have poor memory so all of them should be brown

sooo...

Should I start by reading this from front to back or can I just read it in some particular order first?

fuck that was supposed to be its own post but I made it a reply shit shit shit

Follow the advice that was given to all other unfunny cunts that did this "joke".

have no clue what you're trying to tell me

this was truly a retarded accident

Triggered that they aren't in colored order.

some parts are unreadable lineage shit, so just skip around. just glance around and make sure there's a discernible story being told before reading a section. most of them are really good tho

Tom Gauld is always so spot on

It's a shitty meme book.

The writer Umberto Eco belongs to that small class of scholars who are encyclopedic, insightful, and nondull. He is the owner of a large personal library (containing thirty thousand books), and separates visitors into two categories: those who react with “Wow! Signore professore dottore Eco, what a library you have! How many of these books have you read?” and the others — a very small minority — who get the point that a private library is not an ego-boosting appendage but a research tool. Read books are far less valuable than unread ones. The library should contain as much of what you do not know as your financial means, mortgage rates, and the currently tight real-estate market allows you to put there. You will accumulate more knowledge and more books as you grow older, and the growing number of unread books on the shelves will look at you menacingly. Indeed, the more you know, the larger the rows of unread books. Let us call this collection of unread books an antilibrary.

80% read and 20% intend to read here.
this is perfectly fine.

why buy books when the library is free?

this desu, and it makes sense: you read a book and that book leads you to more books, and whether that's something as straightforward as other books from the same author or if it's ideas or concepts pertaining to that initial book doesn't matter.

I almost exclusively buy books that I have already read and enjoyed, because I want to have my own copy that I can read when I want or share with someone else. Otherwise I just use the library or download an e-book.

i ask myself that question every day. probably because the pressure is off as far as reading it in time. like IJ or gravity's rainbow i can take as long as i want to read.

they let you just renew you know. at my local library i can even do it by phone.

What am I supposed to do with all my wage slave income?

Save, invest, stop being a wageslave, have more time to read, use a library.

buy crab legs and falcons

hookers and drugs

with public libraries and the internet, this argument is self defeating. It's impossible to justify owning ten books about esoteric topic X that you'll probably never read, when a little bit of googling will give you 100 e-books about esoteric topic X you'll absolutely will never read.

>100% books read since I'm a fucking poorfag

You mean you're some college kid living off of his parents?

Real poorfags can afford more than 10 books.

The only way you can be that "poor" is if you don't have a job and are living off your relatively wealthy family.

Praise the omnipotent user

what the fuck are you talking about idiot

real poor people often wont spend money on frivolities like books, theyll sooner just go to the library

he's unable to imagine a person that's both

A. poor

and

B. read all the books he owns

because it follows that C. real poor people have greater than 10 books. thus also he is enrolled in college and takes financial aid from his parents.

from this we can make a safe deduction that he is mentally retarded, as the facile demonstration that one can in fact be both poor and have read all the books that they own will readily show also that this implies neither that he is in or is not in college, does or does not have a job, or does or does not take aid from his parents.

the post in question can be considered completely wrong and a poor reflection on the intelligence of the poster.

absolutely degenerate

I've read every book I own and thats nearly 3000.

OK, rapture. Now get back to scanning those 200 books.

I'm saying that I make 12$ an hour and can afford to buy whatever books I want from used book stores etc. A first worlder who's "too poor to buy books ;_;" is full of shit.

that's not for you to decide.

maybe he just has fucking discipline and can't justify spending that 10-200 dollars per book when the money could go to more important savings.

The fact that everyone is getting so incredibly butthurt suggests I was rather near the truth.

Odds are greater that he's spending money on marijuana than that he's foregoing book purchases to put money in savings, and you know it.

go jerk off in front of a mirror, faggot

ah, yes.

"they're calling me retarded"

"they must just be really angry because i'm so smart and they're so dumb"

yeah probably dude

>A first worlder who's "too poor to buy books ;_;" is full of shit.

I'm not a first worlder though, most low paying jobs here in Chile are $25-30 a day for a 8 hours a day, 5 days a week shift. Stop assuming everyone has as good opportunities as you, m8.

>born in Scandinavia
>quite possibly the best countries to be born in
>tfw still fucking miserable
What a cruel joke.

im not poor. I just only read a book i know im gonna read. rarely a book is too bad to finish, but i usually give those ones away.

You tell us. But there's nothing wrong with having read 95% or more of the books you own, I wish I had (sitting at about 80% probably).

You just spend your money elsewhere. On that internet to come on 4chin for example.

I only buy books if I'm 100% sure I'm going to read them. And usually I read a book a couple of times before moving on to another one to ensure that I'm getting as much out of it as possible.

So I prefer deep reading of a few books over shallow reading of a lot of books.

I only keep books that I want to read and book that I have finished and didn't hate.

I give/throw away everything I didn't finish.