Is Oblomov the comfiest character of all time?

Is Oblomov the comfiest character of all time?

I relate to this guy more than any other protagonist ive ever read

other than maybe Beowulf

yeh :3

>fourchan user sympathizes with a quintessential neet
whoda thunk it

Stoltz pls go
fuckin kraut

Prerequisite to reading it?

None.

eyeballs
literacy
a pulse

Stoner was top comf for me

Start with the Sumerians and work your way from there

>comfy chair/couch/bed
>pipe
>cozy pajamas or dressing gown

Alright.

This was the answer I was looking for.

I don't have a pipe but I am in a perpetual state of wearing cozy pajamas and I do own a very comfortable couch. Also I should have clarified: I meant literary prerequisites, any work which might have heavily influenced the book etc.

>I don't have a pipe but I am in a perpetual state of wearing cozy pajamas and I do own a very comfortable couch. Also I should have clarified: I meant literary prerequisites, any work which might have heavily influenced the book etc.
No literary prerequisites. I recommend maybe a blanket though and cups of tea or a bottle of comfy booze.

>I recommend maybe a blanket though and cups of tea or a bottle of comfy booze.
This, for maximum comfy mix the booze into the tea with some honey and shit, it's like liquid blanket

>spring
>over 20°C outside
>tea with booze and honey

I'm going to do it.

In Scandinavia, it's cold all year round.

Careful though, don't fall too far into the comfy hole or you might make like Oblomov and never get out

I think it's too late for that sort of concern, I fell a couple of months ago and I hope this book will throw me down an even deeper hole.

damn

When I first read Oblomov I spend the next few weeks indoors in a robe.

Be warned, lads.

No, Zakhar is.

Oblomov, the quintessential superfluous man, could very well be the embodiment of our kind. Like him, Veeky Forums as a whole seems to recognize the meaninglessness of existence, especially from the confines of our comfy grottos. Let's all just perform a collective yawn, and slouch towards oblivion.

What translation would y'all recommend? The new Yale edition looks like shit, but apparently it has sections in it from a later manuscript or something like that.

Stoner is the most mediocre piece of shit ever written. If it's one of your favorite books you might as well just stick to reading nothing but New York Times Bestsellers.

Is Oblomov the Homer the Heretic of literature?

Megashark is always a safe bet imo. Its the one I read.

I honestly get sleepy just thinking about the book.

Which in turn makes me want to listen to "I'm Only Sleeping" by the Beatles.

Vacuous turd

Is the dude the modern equivalent of Oblomov?

That's the point, it portrays the ultimate mediocrity of Stoner

Not that guy, but it dkoes so in a mediocre way.

Ironically, the only people who seem to like it are institutionalized midwestern "readers" who went to some horrible state-run college but couldn't make it on to being a professor.

Thomas Mann's

T h e

M A G I C

motherfucking

M O U N T A I N

is comfier

>Megashark

I can't decide if I want this to be an autocorrect or just your pet name for him.

But yeah, Magarshack is always a solid choice. I'd recommend staying away from Hogarth - I haven't read his translation of Oblomov, but I've been consistently underwhelmed by his work.

or just learn russian you raging pleb

Pretty much.

You know the book got huge in Europe as well, right?

It's a comfy book, but Castorp is not really a comfy character. At least not for me.
He increased my fear of being a fundamentally mediocre fraud/pseud and not realizing it tenfold.

That being said, #JusticeForNaphta