Musical ability ,is it too late?

want to start a band one day but learning guitar, drums and vocals at 18, realistically speaking, is it too late?

It's too late to start a band in the year 2017, music industry is absolutely rubbish and it's only gonna get worse from here. Your age isn't the issue.

so despite pursuing music at the old age of 18, it's not too late in the musical ability department?

that's all i want to know, everyone says you need to start early to even have a go at this industry

bump

it's a shit career choice but you're not too old to become reasonably proficient if you work really hard. Go for it if it's what you want.

you can learn at any age but musical talent is innate for the most part

>industry

Shit, name one objectivly good song released under (((their))) guise

This Your ceiling depends on your IQ. If it's high age shouldn't bother you that much, otherwise consider more realistic creative hobbies.

What's considered high?
125?

How is this related to "Science & Math"?

Don't try to get into the "music business"... You can learn guitar or whatever at any age, but you should do it because it satisfies you. Don't look for profit... If you truly enjoy it, it will come.

Take drugs and find out.

Don't blame your lowered ability feel it anymore on the music industry.

Your brain is just deteorating in plasticity. It's even worse if you don't see it, but assume it's just you maturing.

If you have to ask that question, you're obviously not inclined to commit into this field.

But it's never to late to get a new hobby.
And noone has to listen to you!

Musical ability can be measured scientifically you mongs, IQ is also science.

>musical talent is innate for the most part
[Citation needed]

I didn't say contemporary music was shit, I said the music industry in 2017 is shit, and it is. What I mean by this is that life as a musician is a struggle unless you end up becoming the next Avicii or the next Pitchfork hype-band.

ok

Ryo fukui started at 24, so of course you still have time unless you're planning to kys

He had an IQ of 143.

No.

However, to get good you will have to spend a lot of time practicing.

I picked up my first guitar at 19. 10 years later, playing on and off, I'm okay at it. Kind of.

Believe you can do it, do it, and become what you believe you can.

18... 18 !!
Life is almost over for you Dude...
You need to be planning your retirement and setting up your burial plans
BY 18 LIFE IS OVER MAN

It's never too late.

But yeah, fuck the music industry! Just release your own stuff.

Are you shitting me? The musical skills required to start a band are so low that i could teach them to a blind 50 year old. Unless you're aiming to become a concert pianist, your music skills wont be holding you down

>t semi-professional multi-instrumentalist who started at 17

Agree with this user.

Ever notice how bands don't sound as good live as with a commercial album? The album sound is cleaned up after recording.

If you want to be big as a musician (or anything else for that matter) you have to believe you can do it. From that belief you will act in the matter for that belief to be fulfilled. Ie practice a whole bunch, and live every moment as music. The doing part will result in you being that thing you believed.

Failure is not failure. Failure is the first successful step to success.

Successful people are successful because they failed many different things until they refined their process to be successful.

Literally removing every possible of failure until the only possible result is success.

You're never too old to learn anything. The mentality that you are is the only thing stopping you.

If you weren't already singing like Freddie Mercury by the age of 6 then it's all over for you