Tfw barely passed Calc I

>tfw barely passed Calc I

Literally how? You just have to memorize a dozen different derivatives and integrals and use the chain rule

In my Calc class it's split up into 2 semesters. Integration is in the second semester. Also OP, hardest part about Calc I is the word problems (rates/optimization). Everything else is memorization of rules.

There was a curveball question about integrating the square root of a function but I brainlet'd out and couldn't do the U substitution

Lol

Hahahahahhahahaha what a brainlet, why don't you make us a favor and kill yourself right now

The Calculus part is easy. But the algebra part isn't.

>make us a favor
Be gone, pajeet.

>make us a favor
why don't you make us a functioning toilet infrastructure, pajeet?

>find where the derivative equals 0
>find where the second derivative equals 0

wow that was hard

It's not calculus that's hard - it's the fact that most people in calculus don't actually intuitively know algebra.

I have a Discrete Math final on 2017-12-13 and I think I'll fail. Wish me luck.

could be worse op

good luck user :)

Why would you need to miss a week? I've pulled in over 93s on all 3 of my calc ii exams while the class average is like a 75. Just fucking pay attention in class and if something doesn't make sense go to office hours. I've missed a couple classes to go on a longer break and I'm still set for my final. Should only need like an 80 to get an A. Stop being a brainlet and learn the material.

t. literally too dumb for calc 1
AHAHAHAHA

I taught myself calc 1 in two weeks during the summer before the semester started back when I was a freshman... shit is not difficult at all and is 90% algebra and application of differentiation rules

enjoy pajeet math

OH NO NO NO NO
LOOK AT THIS TRANSCRIPT

Brainlet.

>90% algebra and application of differentiation rules
exactly. the worst thing about learning calculus is relearning your shitty public education algebra.

>Tfw I had no idea what lhopital's rule actually meant, just that his name was funny, until I sat down at the exam
>Tfw I did it right
>Tfw got a B- for the class despite doing the homework maybe 4 times all semester

Tfw I didn't know what logarithms actually did until college

sounds like you deserved a b minus

wow, king

you mean this face?

Calc 1 was comfy desu

>comfy
intelligentboi spotted

Why are you even on this fucking board.

Calc III is best calc. Green’s theorem, div, grad, curl, divergence theorem, flux

Fun

>curl
is that way, friend

Thats all calc 4 stuff

Bouta take my calc 3 exam tomorrow. Covering vector functions, 3d surfaces, partial derivatives, maxima and minima in R^3, volume/surfece area, and basic triple integral.

Just spent the last 6 hours studying. Wish me luck, Veeky Forums

>No differential forms in Calc 3
Brainlet school

You still passed the course though!

I think you're pretty smart for pushing on and getting through it :)

great comment you sperg. really contributed to the discussion. kys.

Nobody cares what you think, brainlet

Another Veeky Forumsentist from CS182?

the problem lies in the fact people don't know how to relate multiple equations or relate variables to each other

>maximize area given this surface area
>maximize area given the change in a variable
people just blank out and don't notice that both functions have the same parameters

the only "hard" part is when the problem involves a ton of algebra

Don't worry Im a math grad student and I still don't know how to do related rates / optimization

awww, thanks user! really means a lot to me from (You)

good luck, lad. Make us proud

they just give degrees to anyone nowadays don't they

whatduyou mean

Calc I and III were pretty straight forward, IMO. I passed both with B's.

Calc II wrecked my shit though. Way too much, memorization, nasty trig integrals, and hard to put things into context.

Anyone else feel this way?

I had a B- in calc I and III but a B+ in calc II. Idk how since all the stuff with infinite series is just a blur to me

Or maybe theyre just not important at all

yeah i guess a degree from someone who doesn't understand calc 1 isn't all that important

Name one instance where related rates are important

>going through math by memorization
whats the point?

physics, specifically dynamics or kinematics

>logically reasoning through the integral of a csc function on a 50 min exam with 8 questions

memorizing in that case is fine, but if you're going to go throughout calc by solely memorization then you really haven't learned calc.

>Physics
>Not a solved field
>Important in literally any way

>physics isn't important
are all mathematicians this fucking retarded?

Are all physishits this delusional?

Back to your hole faggot.

>it's the fact that most people in calculus don't actually intuitively know algebra
I find it difficult to comprehend that people can even make it to a calculus course without being proficient in algebra/trig. What exactly are you guys referring to here that is more difficult than calculus?

I have failed algebra 1 three times.

>tfw can't draw rational function in 3rd year of uni

all of those and these were math 3 at my uni

>yfw Spivak tests

Got a C in precalc, a D in Calc I the first time and a barely A the second time around. Feels bad man

How do I fourier transform

Don’t worry user, a good friend of mine flunked calculus, but (after a little depression and graduating with an art major) he is an industrial engineer with a hot wife.

Whereas I breezed through calc and beyond, and am unemployed.

This is not bait, I am going to a normal german Gymnasium and literally did all this stuff in normal math class. Is the german university system different than the other universities internationally? Because holy fuck if I'm just going to be redoing the 11th and 12th grade only in maths then I will definatly choose that over Nanotechnology.

you guys all deserve ovens

What did you guys do in calc 3? I did a subject called "engineering mathematics" which covered this shit

> Topics include: Vector calculus, including Gauss’ and Stokes’ Theorems; sequences and series; Fourier series, Laplace transforms; systems of homogeneous ordinary differential equations, including phase plane and linearization for nonlinear systems; second order partial differential equations and separation of variables.

Too much shit for 11 weeks, was a nightmare of a subject

:'(

So I'm not sure how good you are doing in school right now, but this is a tip that my dad said and it has worked for me my whole life. I actually believe its sort of related to this one Einstein quote now that I think of it, that being something along the lines of "if you can't explain something simply, then you have no clue about it"? Anyway what I do is think of the problem infront of me and ask myself "what do I know as a fact and what am I assuming, and how can I turn my assumptions into facts. Once you have your basic information, or have taken it out of context (be careful with that) think of what you NEED and what you need to get what you need. The rest is just you're knowledge of the rules and the general knowledge on the subject. If you have a very sturdy foundation, nothing is stopping you from building a little higher every day. And make sure you use good material for your "house"(I'm just going to run with this metaphor) so it stayed with you for a long time. If you are learning lesson to lesson, just trying to understand the single exercises you are doing it wrong. Because everything is just a giant perfect beautiful mosaic and if you see the patterns and the bigger picture of "the mosaic" you can fill information were such is needed.

I apologize, I am very flighty and easily excited and get carried away pretty quickly. Hope it motivates you nonetheless! False motivation is better than no motivation at all :)

Most calc 3 courses are a semester course and start with basics of vectors, ending with stokes' thoerem.

what shit tier uni do you go to?