Will moving away to some remote area so that I distance myself from distractions help me become a better writer?

Will moving away to some remote area so that I distance myself from distractions help me become a better writer?

Depends on what you want to write, user. If you want to focus on psychology of the individual, then yes. If you want to have a story with lots of dialogue and commentary on society, maybe not.

Maybe.

Probably not.

Moving to a remote area sounds like it'd be part of a larger psychological change / growth spurt. Those sorts of transformations tend to foment creativity. I say do it. Unless you're just a shitty writer, then you should just stop.

Of course. Except you will find other distractions. Discipline is the problem, you can find cockroches and cellar really interesting if you don't want to work

>you can find cockroches and cellar really interesting if you don't want to work

less noise is good, but your brain isn't changing

>If you are distracted by other things, it simply mean that you probably like the "idea" of writing or of being a writer more than writing as such.

I'm distracted by my 9-to-5 wagecuckery that I need to subjugate myself to, in order to live in this wretched city, which hampers my writing. If I move away, to some remote area, I can work some part time job and sustain myself on little income.

>If that's the case, just cut your losses and do whatever you would rather do, life is too short.

I'm planning on quitting later this year and moving to Maine so that I can focus more on my writing.

Bump for interest

No, but it might make your former surroundings slightly better.

Chances are good, if you get a land line, and deep six the other.

>and deep six the other

>anime nigger
>doesn't understand basic idioms
not big surprise

Deep-sex the other what, faggot?

other means of telecommunications.

Including Veeky Forums?

Alas..

how about you write about the distractions?

How about you never reply to my posts again?