How do I make a wormhole?

How does one make a wormhole in practice, not theory? do you need to align black holes on different parts of the universe, and how do you bend the space at the crease?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZnpdoJ1aJ_g
press.princeton.edu/titles/11169.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penrose_diagram
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We don't know, otherwise we'd have already done it, dumb dumb.
/thread

well, shit.

you need to poke spacetime with a really hard dick with a lot of force. only the niggest can pull it off

However it's done, you don't start with wormholes.
Thorne & Wheeler theorize they might occur naturally down at the Planck length where spacetime is "foamy".
You just grab one, enlarge it, stabilize it with exotic matter, and voilĂ .

brainlet logic
we know how to build a dyson sphere and yet we still don't have one

step 1:obtain a very large amount of negative mass energy.
step 2:contact us when you have completed step 1

No we don't? Saying GIANT SOLAR PANELS is not the same as knowing how to do it, as there's currently no materiak we know that could sustain such a structure. .

>STILL thinking a dyson sphere is a solid shell
fucking hell
it's a foggy cloud of individual habitats, not a single object

We can very easily build one, because we are capable of making a self sustaining habitat
you just build one of those, and copy paste a few million times, changing things for upgrades and aesthetics

>we are capable of making a self sustaining habitat
ok dude

Matate pendejo

>have multi-kilometer wide rotating habitat
>make ecosystem in habitat like the other ecosystems we've made
>recycle as much as possible to prevent resource waste
>import things if shit goes wrong or as required
please use details when you try and say this is impossible popsci shit

Open cosmic knitting kit.
Grab a handful of spacetime in one hand and the cosmic scissors from the kit.
Make a cut large enough to fit stuff through.
Reach through and grab spacetime from where you want to come out and make a similar cut.
Now just comically knit together the edges.
There you have a seamless junction of two disparate spacetimes.

>step 1
Entangle two black holes
>step 2
???
>step 3
We have no clue how to actually do this

Okay dude.

If that works, I'll give you all the money you need. Go do it good sir.

If I figure it out, I'll let you guys know after I'm rich

How do you think you could make money with this, even if you knew how to do it? Hell, even if you found a way that cost nothing at all, there's still no way to make money off a wormhole.

To make a wormhole, you must first find the worm.

Find the giant sand worm. Then consume it's excretions till your body becomes mutated and atrophied.

divide by zero

My worm is only interested in one kind of hole.

Nutronium and star loads of energy.

you gotta find the loop in space time and then just poke it with a big ol space needle and itll poke throught, and thats when you get your silky space thread amd you're special ergonomically designed quantum grappling hook and throw it through the hole until it it firmly grasps the other side of space and THEN you have to monkey climb the threaded quantum grapple apparatus and you have a wormhole :)

>depict black hole as a funnel shaped distortion in a 2D representation of 3D space
>"Dude, check it out! What if there's two funnels, and you connect them?!"
>absolutely groundless meme is born
>"Interstellar" solidifies it as a pop culture concept

Black holes are a lot of interesting things, but a workable mass transit system isn't one of them.

Test models on earth didn't work. See biosphere 2.

Wormholes aren't about traveling between stars except in sci-fi, real wormholes would be no more useful for travel than a regular black hole would be.

>>>/popsci/

Leonard Susskind disagrees.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZnpdoJ1aJ_g

>concrete

Recent Nobel Laureate Kip Thorne disagrees

>"Interstellar" solidifies it as a pop culture concept

except that 'Interstellar' was probably the only movie ever which correctly portrayed a wormhole as 3-dimensional. 1/10 for making me reply.

>self sustaining habitat
>import things if shit goes wrong or as required
really made me think

Small wormhole to the sun.
Use plasma to heat turbines, produce electricity. Out-compete literally everyone.
Open wormhole to sun on governments that try to shut me down.
Open wormhole to distant exo-planets, sell land and tickets.
Open wormhole to asteroid, land asteroid safely on earth through wormhole, mine asteroid for rare earth metals.
Open wormhole to blackhole, toss in people that insist they don't exist and flat earthers and other garbage.
Open wormhole to various distant locations to dump telescopes and science shit off.

There's literally books on worm hole economies user, it just depends on how expensive it is to start and whether continued costs exceed possible profit models.

Go on then, faggot, detail exactly, as if you were explaining instructions to a robot to build something, how you would make a Dyson sphere, or a wormhole, fucking go on.

>Use plasma to heat turbines

What plasma? The plasma from the sun you just sucked into a black hole? How, exactly, are you going to get it back OUT of the black hole?

All your ideas are based on the absolutely nonsensical idea that you can use a wormhole to travel. A wormhole is two connected black holes, if you jump into a black hole that is connected to another black hole, guess what? You;re still inside a black hole, with no possible way to get out even in theory.

Not that dimwitted moron but making a wormhole in theory isn't too hard, you just entangle a bunch of energy and then dump it into space in sufficient quantities to form two black holes.

He meant OUR sun.
The one that's shining and not collapsed.

And a wormhole is NOT two connected black holes. You are absolutely right; once inside a black hole, you're stuck. By definition, that's not a wormhole since both ends are supposed to connect to asymptotically-flat space.

If wormholes _are_ possible (and Thorne suggests they _might_ be fished out of the quantum foam and stabilized with exotic matter, IF exotic matter exists) then a pair of black holes isn't the way to begin the project.

>And a wormhole is NOT two connected black holes.

Wrong.

>both ends are supposed to connect to asymptotically-flat space.

Yes, the two black holes can be as far apart as you like. No, that doesn't mean you can use the wormhole between them as a transit method.

ok dude

Glad you've given up defending your absurdly stupid claim and resorted to a pitiful "NO U", dude.

piece of cake then

topology of this infographic is all wrong.

Not saying it's easy but it's possible in theory, unlike a dyson sphere which would require many times more matter to build than exists in the solar system. In b4 MUH FTL, if you have FTL you don't need a dyson sphere, and FTL is even more impossible than using wormholes for travel.

it's not even possible in theory either unless you count meme theories that assume things exist when they don't

Which is what I said.
Black holes can be placed anywhere.
But falling into one doesn't dump you out of the other.
The pair doesn't constitute a wormhole.
Please read Wheeler and Thorne before making further blanket statements.

>not even possible in theory

Yes it is, we know how black holes are formed and we know how to entangle matter. Making enough entangled matter to form a black hole is obviously beyond us /in practice/ but it's completely possible in theory.

>But falling into one doesn't dump you out of the other.

I didn't say it did, that's the meme strawman of wormholes. If you leap into a black hole that is connected to another one via a wormhole, all that means for you is that you have a 50/50 chance of being annihilated in the singularity of the other black hole instead of the singularity in the hole you jumped into, but you're STILL getting annihilated.

>The pair doesn't constitute a wormhole.

the wormhole is the Einstein-Rosen Bridge that connects the holes.

black hole =/= wormhole

>making a wormhole in theory isn't too hard
>you just entangle a bunch of energy and then dump it into space

Yeah, that isn't mechanical instruction though, is it, retard?

mass*acceleration = force
e=mc^2
step 1 is easy enough

If you read the original Einstein paper or :"Gravitation" press.princeton.edu/titles/11169.html
you'll see that a black hole doesn't connect anywhere. You're annihilated in the ONE singularity as the center. There is no connection to a 2nd singularity in another hole.

The picture is a Penrose diagram. The wavy line at the top is the singularity. (The singularity is, of course, just a point, but this mapping distorts things so infinite space and time can be drawn on finite paper.)
The track of an object falling into a hole leads to the singularity and nowhere else.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penrose_diagram
shows diagrams for charged and rotating holes and emphasizes their limitations. Their behavior is more flexible but a hole with sufficient charge or spin to exhibit this behavior is thought to be impossible to achieve from the collapse of a star. Even if one formed, the wormhole (into another universe, not another section of ours) would choke off before you could make it through.

Someone else noted black hole =/= wormhole

>you'll see that a black hole doesn't connect anywhere. You're annihilated in the ONE singularity as the center. There is no connection to a 2nd singularity in another hole.

I'm not saying all black holes are wormholes you dense faggot, I'm saying wormholes are what happens when you maximally entangle two black holes. And I know you can;t use this to travel, which is why I've repeatedly stated "you can't use this to travel". Your entire post is a strawman, gratz on wasting your time because you were too stupid to actually READ what I typed.

could astronomers search for wormholes like they search for other things? i remember the interest in that one star not too long ago that people suspected might be a potential dyson sphere. if we have an idea of what effects a wormhole might create, then maybe we can keep an eye out for possible wormholes. so, even if we cant create wormholes (just like we dont know how to create a dyson sphere), maybe we can verify that it may be possible for them to occur.

potential effects to look for:
>areas where exchange of distant matter might have occurred (e.g. isolated gas cloud where their shouldnt be one)
>gravitational, electromagnetic, neutrino, etc. events that pop up / disappear out of nowhere
>celestial objects that appear to be moving towards an area which doesnt make much sense otherwise (e.g. no detected black hole or other massive celestial object)

isn't a wormhole just a connected hyperboloid of one sheet?

High voltage DC arc welder aimed at a supercapacitor.

It's like a radio transmission. There are two nodes talking on the same fq. The nodes are black holes in this situation and the fq is the swartschild radius.