Is the EM Drive bullshit or not?

Is the EM Drive bullshit or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rh898Yr5YZ8
sciencealert.com/it-s-official-nasa-s-peer-reviewed-em-drive-paper-has-finally-been-published
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5043937/Have-physicists-solved-NASA-s-impossible-EmDrive.html
peelified.com/index.php?topic=23582.msg1469911#msg1469911
symmetrymagazine.org/article/july-2013/real-talk-everything-is-made-of-fields
aapt.scitation.org/doi/full/10.1119/1.4789885
arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0103041
youtube.com/watch?v=jCAqDA8IfR4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Unfortunately it is bullshit. Would've amazing for space travel if it wasn't though.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rh898Yr5YZ8

It's bullshit

The inventor's explanation is certainly BS.
It violates both momentum and energy conservation, so I remain skeptical.
They observe thrust -- right at the limit detectability. Might be some subtle error -- like those faster-than-light neutrinos which turned out to be a loose connection.
Only way to settle the question unambiguously would probably be to test it in orbit.

Is it already known how the measured thrusts came to be?

Mistakes

It's bullshit.

Not bullshit

sciencealert.com/it-s-official-nasa-s-peer-reviewed-em-drive-paper-has-finally-been-published

>sciencealert.com/it-s-official-nasa-s-peer-reviewed-em-drive-paper-has-finally-been-published
user, I....

It's legit

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5043937/Have-physicists-solved-NASA-s-impossible-EmDrive.html

legit bullshit

EM Drive is not Zero Point energy!

>Zero-Point Energy

Are you stupid or just lazy

giant pile of retardation

almost certainly bullshit

Somewhat. It does produce some thrust but barely any.

Almost surely bullshit.

Hum. Put something shaky on a measurement stand and you might just detect thrust.

Last year there was some hype building up because the paper was getting peer reviewed. I haven't heard about it since. It seems pretty bullshit.

I think I lost a few brain cells reading that.

for the moment total bullshit
but solving something like "alcubierre drive" would be the only way for us to get out of our own solar system

i fucking laugh at people thinking that in the future of space exploration people will still pack things on rockets because thats even more ridiculous, some major breakthrough will be needed for that, someone will either have to solve some sci fi shit or the space will forever remain unexplored which is probably why nasa wanted to do some experimentation with it even if bullshit

experimental error amplified by wishful thinking

Just put something in space that uses this tech... a few thousand should EASILY be enough to prove or disprove this with just the smallest simplest proof.

If it works then it's some new kind of effect we might be able to refine, and scale and EM drive into something that could give steady 1 g propulsion.get there and back in like 4 days if you pull a sick drift around mars.

Call me "old fashioned" but don't you need to have propellant to create thrust?

the idea of it if it worked is that it should manipulate the space itself so u would need no propellant, things would get to you, you would stay at the same place receiving no acceleration

I don't think it's bullshit. But I don't know that it can be utilized efficiently enough to get a net effect that's worthwhile.

I'm the asshole that keeps posting this:

I think it's worth a 10 minute read, since it explains pretty much the whole universe in an understandable manner.

If it's correct, I'm literally giving away how the universe works to five year olds; for free too, and I'm stating you can do whatever the fuck you want with it. It's probably worth some big fucking research grants If you can formalize it. If you don't want to understand how the universe works, then it's probably not worth 10 minutes of your life.

True information should be shared freely. I'm not a genius, and I didn't work a whole lot to get it. It pretty much just came to me, so I'm sharing it. If it gets rid of all the bullshit in physics that's enough for me.

If you dont think its bullshit because you dont have any traditional physics education. Not only does it need to break conservation of momentum to work it also contradicts standard quantum field theory which is one of if not the most successful predictive model ever created.

Fields are bullshit.

Fields aren't physical objects. Fields are the animation of collisions across time. The reason they look like objects is because we haven't subdivided time into its smallest unit.

The smallest unit of time is the smallest unit of information travelling across the smallest distance. This occurs between two particles colliding.

You're wrong.

>the only way for us to get out of our own solar system
You can always take a slow-boat generation ship, it's just not going to be a sci-fi galactic empire.

>Fields are bullshit.

symmetrymagazine.org/article/july-2013/real-talk-everything-is-made-of-fields
aapt.scitation.org/doi/full/10.1119/1.4789885
arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0103041

Fields are bullshit. Notice how you couldn't comment on what I said? It's because nobody who believes in fields knows why they occur.

You're still wrong.

They should strap one on Elon's roadster and see if it works or not.

with actual human beans in it? thats completely undoable, no one would withstand the travel, and if you think about it, that would also cross with sci fi shit, you would need to redesign your body or use of some other solution that either doesn't exist or is unknown, and that would certainly be a suicide mission still

even the elon musk goals of one way trips to mars are undoable, yet he thinks he can colonize mars, he doesnt even have the tech fully developed, he just says shit like that out of his mouth, it is very limiting what you can do with rockets and humans, first things need to advance and A LOT

There are too many assumptions and omissions of empirically demonstrated physics for the comment in this thread to be meaningful.

Assuming this information-based interpretation is correct, how would it explain Hawking Radiation?

I still hold out that this device works, it just needs to be understood...

I do maintain that it is legit based entirely on the amount of shilling... if it was a larp nobody would give a fuck...

also... are you plebs collecting microwaves/magnetrons to conduct your own experiments?

a fucking gang of neets each developing their own drive will flesh out the maximum faster than ai factorial programing...

the better question is cylindrical or square cross section?

youtube.com/watch?v=jCAqDA8IfR4

god i hate this fucking board... it takes 2 fucking days to get a response... meanwhile pol has conversations at all times...

i can literally have a more stimulating conversation on emdrives on pol prior to 404 than this shit board... you all objectively fucking suck...

you are literally less than /pol/404... you are literally less than plebbit... you are literally random niggers... nucking die...

"Physical" objects don't exist, it's all only fields. Everything is just wavering in existence in weird probabilistic patterns.

to which of the 37 prior posts in less than 48 hrs were you expecting to get a response?

>even the elon musk goals of one way trips to mars are undoable
What the fuck are you talking about, we've already had the technology to go to mars. The only problem we have to solve is how to not lose bone mass.

no we fucking don't
he is on path to reduce costs at least on his gay rockets though, still he doesn't even have a prototype of the ship he is going to use or how it will be landed, it has never been shown, it doesn't exist ok, his rockets aren't fully done yet as well, it also doesn't solve the radiation problem, whoever is going to mars is going to die badly and FAST, and whatever colony that would settle in there whether it is going to be in realistic numbers or according to what he promised will be going to be 100% reliant of earth regardless, basic bodily functions would all be compromised, there are things we dont even know yet like "pregnancy" but that would be probably impossible in that ambient and so on, he still didnt solve shit, gay rockets plus pretty words to journalists doesn't equal to solving shit

I'm talking about building Antarctica-alike research stations on Mars, living there for a few weeks and then going back to Earth (with NASA technology obviously, and SpaceX hasn't done shit beyond low Earth orbit). We currently dont have technology to prevent losing bone mass so no colonization in foreseeable future.

>going back to Earth
LOL
this has never been developed or shown either, these are all suicide missions no one is going back

If it worked it would be a perpetual motion machine. If you can't prove this on your own, you are a brainlet
They observe thrust in both directions for the drive. HMMMMMM..... I wonder what they could mean? A thruster that whatever way you point it makes about the same thrust on the test stand.

It's the real deal and will revolutionize space travel as we know it. The egg heads are just pissed because they can't think outside the box and muh Newton.

Might be enough to put it on satellites so course corrections no longer relies on the amount of propellant brought on board

Yeah, I found it odd when NASA had a "control" experiment with a key part missing. (Not Emdrive, but same sort of idea.)
The missing feature made no difference. Same "thrust" either way. Can't say absolutely that proves it's fake. If the theory is garbage (as I believe it is) it's hard to say what's "essential". But it doesn't give me confidence.

You ever hear of N-rays? After X-rays discovered, everyone went nuts looking for other unknown radiations. French physicist found something that made a florescent screen glow very weakly. N-rays had odd properties, passing through most substances but being diffracted by aluminum. And some observers (usually ones who weren't French) couldn't see anything at all.
American professor R.W. Wood attended a demonstration. The room is pitch black so everyone's eyes are sensitive enough to see the N-rays. Wood quietly reached into the apparatus and removed the aluminum prism. The lecturer went right on, pointing out how the emission lines moved as a crank rotated the prism (which wasn't there.)
The French guy did other notable work and the consensus seems to be that he wasn't trying to pull off a hoax. He simply saw what he wanted to see.

Of course its bullshit, you can't get free energy.

>If it worked it would be a perpetual motion machine.
How so? It violates conservation of momentum, but not any of the laws of thermodynamics, as far as I'm concerned.