>facebook/sci/

All of you are fucking memed normies.

Other urls found in this thread:

tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1300/J229v01n02_06?journalCode=wjtd20
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_consciousness
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>agi/life extension
literally a meme

people who unironically celebrate elon musk are actual brainlets.

>airplanes
>computers
>fire
literally a meme

No, adding THAT rock to our collection of rocks gives us a lifeline in case something happens to Earth.

With "us" you probably mean that spooky "humanity" concept instead of, well, actual already living people endangered by rotting.

>actual already living people endangered by rotting
...which includes you by the way

>Mars Colony
>actually wanting jello babies

>worshipping chaos with a feeble mind
>"why am I chaos spawn"

Well, unlike you, I have children and hopefully grandchildren and so on. Therefore, I have a legacy to care about. Whereas, with you, I can understand your virgin apathy.

We should be focusing on preserving Mother Earth instead of thinking ways to spread our filth to other worlds.

Nah, save Earth and move to Mars. Spread, spread, spread.

Cool, insulting makes a strong point! Also you are spooked by "I am not my consciousness but muh genes". And responsible for not only your death and suffering but those of your children and children's children, until we figure out how to stop it

spooked by "I am not my consciousness but the blind biosphere I live in"

spooked by "I am humanity instead of my consciousness"

>Cool, insulting makes a strong point! Also you are spooked by "I am not my consciousness but muh genes". And responsible for not only your death and suffering but those of your children and children's children, until we figure out how to stop it
All I know is that it is my biological imperative to make sure that my genes are continually passed on for as long as possible.
Don't ask me why, that's just them rules.

>I am my consciousness

Your biological imperative is too fuck and feed cute things, and to stay alive to do that longer.

Maybe having children indeed moves your drive to survive to ensuring the survival of your children, which I find scary.

don't get your point

>which I find scary.
Why?

Because I want to survive and losing my drive to survive would hinder that. Also, survival is a useful thing to get other things, like pleasure and wellbeing and sensations and experiences and growth. Not existing sounds so boring.

Sure, you can identify with something outside of yourself, but then you have to do it completely and fully. My guess is that most people don't like to die when they are old, they just pretend they don't care when they are still young.

Another contributing factor would be that caring for individual survival was never useful for warlike societies, so they disencourage it. And without the posibilities we might achieve today it was also just frustrating. I would turn to philosophical opioids too.

But main points are
>you will never get rid ouf your survival drive completely
>your survival drive should want to keep itself

>your survival drive should want to keep itself
So, the concept and reality of suicide must really spook you proper good?

Here's a thought, if are emergent and are our consciousness then:
>Why is introspection necessary, should you already be fully aware of yourself in the deepest regard?
>What stops other consciousnesses emerging from the machinery from which 'you' emerged?
>Did you know that the individual hemispheres of your brain seem to house two separate, though similar, consciousnesses?
Enjoy the spook.

>*if are emergent = if 'we' are emergent
>*should you already = shouldn't you already

>So, the concept and reality of suicide must really spook you proper good?
Well there are all kinds of memes fucking with people's motivations, also we can hack our drives to achieve our goals. If existence is so painful that nonexistence is preferable then yeah you can kys I guess. I hack other drives too all the time, i.e. with fasting or nofapping or in general doing things I dislike.

>Why is introspection necessary, should you already be fully aware of yourself in the deepest regard?
I am not though, conciousness is not a binary.
>What stops other consciousnesses emerging from the machinery from which 'you' emerged?
Depending on brain architecture nothing or "brain architecture". Point is still that the this-pointer does not point towards them.

>Did you know that the individual hemispheres of your brain seem to house two separate, though similar, consciousnesses?
Would like a source on that, for the thought both in principle and detail. My distortion-by-incomplete-reproduction-senses are lit af

>Enjoy the spook.
Taking this unironically since spooking a philosophically inclined procrastinator is like wrestling a pig in the mud etc.

>Suicide
A fair answer; nothing I can really disagree or twist.
>I am not though, conciousness is not a binary.
See above.
>Ulterior consciousnesses
What about dissociative identity disorder?
>Neuroscience and its relation to consciousnesses
Sources:
>tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1300/J229v01n02_06?journalCode=wjtd20
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_consciousness
>Enjoy the spook.
Likewise, my friend.

Did you mean to answer
instead?

I hope that's not really how you view your children...

Also

Run geologistheavybreathing.exe

>agi/life extension
epin meme
the real magic is in complex nonlinear dynamical feedback systems boyo