People from the midwest think they're ever going to understand literature

>people from the midwest think they're ever going to understand literature

I'm going to tell you nice and simple.

You are too dumb. You are too uncultured. You will never become smart enough, or cultured enough. Go back to watching The Voice, and leave literature to your coastal betters :)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnham_Plan_of_Chicago
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>he made another garbage thread

get a life user, stop ruining our board

>stem/humanities
>coast/midwest
Strongly consider suicide, autismo.

>americans thinks they're better than each other
even cuba's better than you.

>Ezra Pound

>Americans think they're ever going to understand literature
>Literally all monolingual hyperplebs
>One good author, rest are memes

LMAO

I'm from France so I don't really know but when I hear Midwest I imagine that the people here have all the nature around them to contemplate and the time to appreciate literature. Tell me if I'm wrong

american """""""""""""""""""intellectualism""""""""""""""""""""

You want to use the word 'there' in that sentence, not 'here'.

Hemmingwey, the one and only.

hmm

It's actually quite simple. East Coast is Paris, West Coast is PACA, Deep South is Marseille.

I'm from Chicago. It's the third largest city in the most powerful nation on Earth. But it feels like bumfuck nowhere. New York is just twice the size, but it feels like it's ten times the size.

fuck off faggot

I'm from Chicago and it's objectively toptier

>New York feels like it's ten times the size
Not really

New Yorker here,
It's not that it's bigger, or even that it feels bigger, it's just so compressed that literally everything is a stone's throw from everything else.

>It's the third largest city in the most powerful nation on Earth.
You sure bit into that exceptionalism nonsense hook, line, and sinker.

Chicago has one of the world's most aesthetic skylines by virtually every measure. Lots of architecture and design history having taken place here contributed to that. Frank Lloyd Wright famously disparaged the chaotic ugliness of New York's skyline. However, I suppose one of the reasons for this is that Chicago's downtown is relatively small, so it could be more carefully organized, compared to the organic mass of buildings that is Manhattan.

We're about to start a world war on two fronts, and no one can really oppose us. How is that not the definition of power?

>location
>IQ

Illinois

This so hard, everyday I wake up I thank god for not being american

based illinois

most Veeky Forums state?

Haha, I'm flattered but no. The most Veeky Forums states are Massachusetts, New York, and Iowa.

>We're about to start a world war on two fronts
Perhaps.
>and no one can really oppose us.
This isn't so. The force monopoly ascribed to this particular state is in a position comparable to that of the late Russian empire. Where the Russians threw humans at the problem of decay in logistical and military technique, we throw capital. I anticipate we will see in our lifetimes the first invasion of this nation state since the war of 1812.

East coast is best coast. If you disagree, you might actually be a faggot.

Coastal fags have completely sold their lives purpose to egoism. Rampant depression and hedonism. The saddest and most perverse of human development.

DFW got this. Your ""culture"" is pathetic and backwards. You worship entertainment, pleasure and ego. You are not confident enough to consider yourself an individual. Kill yourself.

This. Plus, the Burnham plan is just about as patrician as it gets.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnham_Plan_of_Chicago

>tfw always within walking distance of a park

>people born and raised in the US in general think they're ever going to understand literature

Nah man, you're on their same boat.

Wrong, he meant Melville.

>people from anywhere other than Western Europe think they're ever going to understand literature

THIS THIS THIS

Are you obtuse user?
Weat coast is superior in every measure for people who dont have a giant stick up their ass.
Im assuming you mean the NE coast as well because the SE coast is filled with a bunch of hillbillys and then there's that cuban shithole miami. The entire WC is fucking superb whereever you land.

>Americans think they "understand" literature

The west coast has only three cities-- LA, SF, Seattle-- of which are all liberal shit holes. Furthermore, the only "culture" the west coast has is Hollywood, which is fucking shit and unoriginal, and DUDE WEED LMAO. East coast is the literal foundation of America, where the majority of its cities are located. On top of that, the culture here is more diverse than on the west coast, you faggot.

>the west coast has literally produced zero notable writers

JUST

Choke on your in-and-out burger, faggot.

you're full of shit

>Humans think they're ever going to understand literature

Try living in Philadelphia

LOL no it's not, it's barely above Detroit level. Chicago is a city for people who don't like cities.

Thanks.

>the west coast has literally produced zero notable writers
John Steinbeck, Phillip K. Dick, Raymond Carver, Me, and Jack London

Illinois brethren unite against these elitist homos

I'm not that guy you're replying to.

>The west coast has only three cities-- LA, SF, Seattle
SD exists

>he thinks being from somewhere cultured makes him better.

Coming from bumfuck nowhere is literally as patrician as it gets.

>people from the US, a conuntry younger than some of my grandmother's chair's, think they're ever going to understand literature

dumb frogposter

fuck your grandmother and her chair's

>The literature of the "United" "States" "of" "America"

Why Iowa?