Which is better career wise physics or applied math?

Which is better career wise physics or applied math?

>Worrying about career, not worrying about solving for [math] X [/math].

what a stupid fucking question

But which one is going to make the most/best jobs available to me?

Sorry I didn't mention it earlier, but humanities majors need not reply.

Solving for [math] X [/math].

Excuse me for being retarded but what does that mean, Google does nothing.

Both are god awful humanties tier in terms of job prospects

Applied math isn't. Physics only is because a lit of people who study want to continue well into academia.

i dont think applied math exists as a job career (unless its engineering with adifferent name)

don't listen to people who say that you'd be homeless with physics degree, you wont (though keep in mind you need at least a grad to have higher chances of employment or also a phd if you're looking for a academic position, also keep in mind academic positions are hard to get unless the academia highly values you) physics degrees are generally very flexible career wise since its the most quantitative degree. though there are statistics that shows physicists mostly work outside their fields (mostly engineering). if you're into physics just for the job, then you're better off getting an engineering degree since its more easier than physics.
do also keep in mind you can get into medical physics, which if you find a job for medical physics, then money is gonna straight up rain on you.

desu an physics or applied math bs is the same thing as engineering except better as long as you dont want to eventually become a qualified engineer

can you inform me a bit on applied math? my uni doesn't have that (or as far as i know) i do know my uni offers engineering physics degree, maybe it's something like that?

at my uni, applied math takes you through real analysis and abstract algebra.

Once youre done with that, you learn how to use computational software and programming to apply what youve learned.

I believe most applied math guys become actuaries or go into data science.

I am not actually in applied math, Im on the statistics track. I think learning R and statistical methods is going to be more profitable in the long run.

only from experience applied math isn't bad

I'm not smart at all, somehow stumbled myself into an applied math degree, and now employers think I'm the shit

major in EE or something else unless you want to be a teacher

Studying math while making sure to get some stats and computer science under your belt, and then getting into "data science" or something like that would be a solid career I think. But you could also do that with physics so it doesn't really matter. Hell, even the distinction between pure and applied math doesn't so long as you pick up other skills along the way (applied math is less applied than you think).

Both are fine as long as you have solid coding skills to make it useful

In the geosciences especially where there is a high demand for people with coding and advanced math skills for high level research in academia and private industry cause of all the advances in geophysical moddeling and computing.

Most places are willing to teach you the geoscience after you get picked up as long as you are good with math/computers cause those skills are more valuable

Mind you, im neither a physics nor a math major, but geoscience is fun and normally has ultra chill people in it.
As a side note: i thought i hated math until i got involved in geophysics and realized how fun math is when you are using it as a means to an end and have a computer to do the grunt work of solving formulas. Im honestly suprised i havent heard of any programs where math is taught using matlab or similar computer shit because i learned a hell of a lot more when i was solving problems using math and teaching myself with the assistance of matlab and wolfram than i did in actual classes. I feel like i wouldnt have gotten so turned off by it if it had been taught using technology earlier.

>applied math
You mean "high school teacher"?

Solving for X.. Are you using a mobile Veeky Forums reader?

wtf

that's usually for pure mathematicians (and especially undergrads)