Immortal

Would we will ever achieve immortality?

Other urls found in this thread:

peelified.com/index.php?topic=23582.msg1469805#msg1469805
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Define immortality. That being said, theres a very good chance cancer and all disease will be cured in the next 20-50 years

Nope, the body and mind just wont last. Even the non-sense about transferring to a computer wont be you, its just a copy. The real you will have suffered and then died and from that point of view, that is it.

Maybe one day we can keep going into our hundreds. 120's-150's.

But true immortality, probably not.

We already have.

Christ defeated death.

You can believe this and get back up after you die. Or you can not believe it and stay dead. Your choice.

Something doesn't come from nothing. Something has always been here.

When Christ says to follow him, he's telling you to let go of this life. This world is temporary. Your next lifetime is forever.

He died on the cross first, did all the hard work. All we have to do is follow, ie be murdered by people who don't understand.

Remember that the rich man got sad when Christ told him to sell everything. If you like this temporary stuff too much, you will be sad too.

At some point the universe will wind down.
You tell me.

goats&violence retard

How many universes do you need?

I think the question is "should" we
the Earth already has population issues, people killing each other over land, starving to death over food shortages and corporate greed

if we broke it telomeres and stopped aging, those problems would grow exponentially
and probably cause death rates just as quickly

If you want to believe you stay dead, is that a good choice?

Christ wasn't a violent man the first time. He literally let filthy humans place human hands on him and crucify him to dead tree parts.

Are you too immature that you can't admit you don't know everything and ask someone who does?

The person who does know is God. Not the preacher, not a book. If you're too scared to talk to the creator of the universe, you're probably too scared to get back up after you die.

Neither my business nor my problem. You do you.

no one ever dies. your entire life is continuous static line segment in a 4 dimensional object that is our universe. this 4d object exists as a line segment in a higher dimensional universe, and so on. the illusion of the sensation of passing time is the privilege of the living blah blah blahs

however, in a world where you can potentially live forever barring accidents and crime. I think everyone would try as hard as they can to not risk their life

whether from retribution, jealousy, or tragedy. people would have much more to lose than a few aching decades and would basically live in constant fear

I can't outright disagree with this.

I conceptualized and modeled how our 4d universe operates after going through opiate withdrawal for three days.

Check it:

peelified.com/index.php?topic=23582.msg1469805#msg1469805

It's really long, but I think it explains everything simply enough for everyone to understand.

I think I asked God to understand the universe, and after a while God (the real OP) delivered.

I'll let someone else do the math and get the Nobel, I'm kind of busy.

Information should be freely shared.

> (OP)
>Nope, the body and mind just wont last. Even the non-sense about transferring to a computer wont be you, its just a copy. The real you will have suffered and then died and from that point of view, that is it.

Instead of copying, partially replacing small portion of brain with equivalent machine parts? At the end of the process one could have an artificial hosting device without any copy of coscience done.

>you're probably too scared to get back up after you die.
top kek
thanks for the laugh, retard

Silver lining: you got a top kek.

The gold lining is if you realize what I said was true, then you'd live forever. Your choice though. What do you have to lose?

That's the way it'd have to go. Ideally though, I'd replace the entire body with a synthetic version which is stronger and more efficient all while keeping the brain organic with cybernetic enhancements, not replacements. This is of course assuming medical technology will reach a point where we can keep an organic brain healthy indefinitely. If that doesn't work then the brain would have to be replaced one tiny piece at a time until we are entirely synthetic.

It comes down to a philosophical question I think. Let's say we have a person with brain damage. Are they the same person they were before the damage? If so, if we replace the damaged sections with synthetic parts, making them the same or better than they were before the damage, are they still the same person as the previous two times? If so, then entirely replacing the brain over time like this shouldn't be an issue.

As for the immortality question, it depends in what sense. We'll be able to stop aging and medical defects so dying of natural causes will end, but if your body sustains enough damage you would still die. The only way this could be prevented is if we could develop some form of communication tech that works in real time regardless of distance. Using this in conjunction with synthetic bodies we could be immortal in a sense. Our minds could be linked to some kind of server that transmits commands to a different body so that even if that unit is destroyed we'd be fine. Just get another body and reconnect. As long as the physical location of your mind is extremely secure you'd never really die. I doubt that kind of communication tech will ever exist though.

Yes. Two days after you die

>What do you have to lose?
Believing in bullshit, ie not using your brain
is equivalent to being dead.

Nobody said anything about not using your brain.

You're unwilling to check if God actually exists. You do not want to understand reality. You are literally refusing to use your brain as you type these responses.

That's your choice. I want you to use your brain. I want you to live forever. I literally told you how. Can't force a horse to drink, can I?

The thing you have to lose is pride. Because you think you're better than the creator of the universe. Clutch to your pride if you like.. or follow Christ and receive all the real treasure.

You're unwilling to check if Olorun actually exists

I already checked. I asked the person who knows everything.

That person is God. You can ask him if you like.

You're unwilling to check if Amaterasu actually exists

I just checked by asking God.

You can ask him yourself. He knows everything.

Just tried asking god, fucker didn't even respond.

Our rulers will have it, eventually we'll all starve to death or be killed, and the chosen elite of our society will inherit the solar system.

You have to ask him a lot of times before he answers. It's because you can't hear him yet.

It also helps if you demand stuff from him. He has an infinite amount of everything.

You're unwilling to check if Marawi actually exists

Yeah, I kind of am. God already has an infinite amount of everything, and he gives me whatever I want.

I don't need much more than that.

You should probably get into this free getting stuff thing before it doesn't run out.

You gotta tell him to give you the stuff though, pester him about it basically.

I usually ask him for stuff three times a day.

No you're not, you're just holding on to your peepee and talking to it.

Marawi is a fucking city.

You already are just a copy of yourself

Biological? Unlikely. Digital? Possibly.

I didn't say it didn't exist. I affirmed your statement that I was unwilling to check.

The pee pee thing is just a bizarre ad hominem thing. You're not omniscient or you'd have said nipple.

Seriously, why are you so against talking to someone who has infinite everything and will give you anything you want if you bother him enough?

Really bizarre personal problem there pal.

...says the weirdo talking to himself

could you please post proof to show he's not omniscient

Live longer than at present and be healthier right until the end? Probably.
Immortal? No. How long do you have to run the FDA trials to prove the process works?

Anyway, I saw a study that estimating that -- even if the body didn't wear out and you didn't go insane with boredom -- you'd likely die in an accident after a few centuries.