TFW 3-hour final

TFW 3-hour final

Other urls found in this thread:

peelified.com/index.php?topic=23582.msg1469805#msg1469805
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How is that bad? More time to finish the problems. And if you're done you can just leave.

1.5 hours of intense thinking is all I can manage for one test . After that I am a zombie

time to kys brainlet

had 2 3-hour finals last Tuesday. good times

I'm currently in the middle of a 4 day, 16 hour final. I wish they just split it up into 2 days 8 hours each, this is fucking stupid.

Is that unusual? Almost all of my exams throughout high school and undergrad were 3 hours.

what the fuck kind of retardation is this

Fuck your final.

Spend 30 minutes reading this and understand how the universe works:

peelified.com/index.php?topic=23582.msg1469805#msg1469805

got four 3 hour "finals" in the first term of the final year
three of them on consecutive days
imperial really is a brutal uni

That's incredibly typical, OP.

Paramedic certification.

Well, not actually certification, just the exams that determine whether you get to take the test that allows you to get certified.

you might need to practice more. My typical physics exam at a uni level is 3 hours. it sucks balls and is draining but you can get through it if you study by mimicking the exam structure

Had that same schedule last week, except mine were 2.5 hours

Not if they make the exam longer to match (or exceed) the allotted time...

My group theory final is 6 hours, 8-2. Fun stuff

wat

what uni do you go to?

Isn't this normal? Every final I had in my entire degree except for 1 was 3 hours. The other was 2 hours.

not at all. finals average 1.5 hours at my institution.

Bullshit

Maybe it's a Canadian thing. What country are you in?

lele breain lit

I wish my finals were 4 hours long sometimes

Every final this semester was 4 hours long.
>t. Law

UCLA, The Prof Elman gives 6 hours for the honors classes finals.

Definitely not a Canada wide thing, Canadian here and I've never had a final less than three hours long.

The longer the exam the better
My uni is doing some 4 question 40min exams now and its fucked up

They choose the questions at random before the exam and if you get two really hard ones, or you dont know them very well, you are royally fucked in the ass.
First time i unironically prayed to god tbdesu

No, I was the guy saying every final I've had bar one (so like 40) was 3 hours long. I meant maybe having 3 hour finals is a Canadian thing, and Americans or some other country get 1.5 hour ones?

Oh shit, gotcha. I was just kneejerk reacting to what you said like a moron.

Pussy.

>tfw you got a 70 on your physics final
>tfw the rest of my exams are probably gonna have a similar score
I'm gonna kill myself if my grades don't improve next term.

>A few students complain to the student guild about long exams being unfair
>The guild takes them seriously and raises awareness for the issue
>It gains momentum because many students think smaller exams means easier exams
>The uni impliments new rules for all exams, no longer than 2 hours, no greater than 70% of the unit's grade
The engineering and mathematics schools have a lot of disagreement with the new rules.
All the mathematics professors choose to ignore them, they still give 3 hour 70% exams for every unit. They keep getting in trouble but the powerful professors throw their weight around to keep things stable.
The engineering school shortens the exams to 2 hours, but still gives exams with the same number questions. And one powerful professor still gives 6h exams for his units.
Of course, they won't fail +50% of the students, so they adjust the grades on the exam, to have a 65% mean and a standard deviation of 12.5% (or something similar to that).
This causes the problem that we now can not tell if the students are actually learning anything.
My cohort really does fell retarded, and I think it has to do with not being able to fail people.

This is why caffeine exists.

The most i've ever seen an exam curved was like 7 points and it was a chemistry final

i'm only sophomore tho

The most extreme case I've seen was with my fluid mechanics class.
I completed about 70% of the exam, and then got a grade of 97%

It was just a badly designed exam. I do think that was an appropriate grade for me, I did know how to answer all the questions. There just wasn't enough time.

U.S.

but why?

atleast be happy that you have the strength to end your life some people are too weak to go through with it and have to suffer their whole life because of their bad decisions

that is standard for non brainlet majors

It's not. Unless you consider math and physics to be 'brainlet majors'.