What has reading taught you?

What has reading taught you?

It taught me that reading is a big waste of time.

Same.

But it's better than saying, "I play vidya all day" when people ask what I do.

Video Games are just a drug now. Pure addiction, little substance. I'm glad I escaped it.

Well, duh. No point in learning if you aren't going to use what you learn to contribute to the human endeavor. Be useful: write shit, create something, etc.

It taught me that no matter how deep I try to immerse myself in something, tfw no gf will never go away.

kekd hard

nice tits ugly face

Said the lonely virgin.

I'm trying to escape it. The problem is that my close friends still play video games, so I get sucked back in when I spend some time with them.

Actually, there are some books I'm glad to have had the opportunity to read. A Room of One's Own helped alleviate the overwhelming sense of inferiority which prevents me from living the life I idealize. Today I smiled at someone.

Samsara is a waste of time.
Samsara has taught me this.

A short list of better ways to spend time, please.

It taught me that I actually enjoy reading

It taught me that I'm a fucking pleb who can't write for shit.

Life in general is a waste of time.

You are doing it wrong. Read Emerson and Thoreau.

t.genre fiction and fantasy reader

Try Politics and Philosophy

Will Voltaire help me when the barbarians are at the door?

free time is useless, mass production is useless, toys are useless, decorative anything is useless and a waist of resources, fun is useless, enjoyable things that are not productive are useless, cars are useless, voluntary employment is useless, slavery is far more efficient, medicine is useless, let the weak perish as the feeble agonizingly ebb in the light of our glory.

>contribute to the human endeavor

My misanthropy objects.

You are among the weak you troglodyte

Out of opportunity, not necessity.

Hang up the phone once you get the message.

It clearly gave me something I missed, in that it's my only way to enjoy art on anything but a beginner-tier level.
Never had a musical education, can't even read Notes, am a shit painter and drawer, find photography boring and theater okay, but only sometimes.
That leaves me with reading. A lot of the more meaningful stuff in my life (in the past 4-5 years at least) has come from reading too, and I made a good friend through it as well.

The people that say it's a waste of time have a point, but other things are a bigger waste of time and the things that are an "efficient" use of time usually only reward you in material ways.

This too

what end is slavery more efficient for lmao

>can't even read Notes,
music theory vids on youtube

>shit drawer
read "Drawing on the right sight of the brain"

in a month (10-20 minutes a day) you are better than average at both