How do you study, Veeky Forums?

How do you study, Veeky Forums?

dude I don't have good study habits at all and literally just do the homework problems assigned and have gotten along far enough so far
>t. sophomore EE

well enough*

making flash cards is the most brainlet way to study

I literally just chegg all the homework and study the night before a lil bit
>T. 2.9 gpa junior EE

>chegg
what kind of cuck pays for answers?

best one of those I've ever seen

>Implying I'm dumb enough to pay
I'm on one of those accounts that belongs to a friend of a friend of a friend.

I have horrible study habits, I'm supposed to be studying right now and I have the book infront of me but I'm on Veeky Forums because Im reading the content but I'm not absorbing it at all, any tips?

I would break it down into partitions. Say you read one chapter at a time. I would force myself to read the chapter and actually understand it until I'm satisfied or until my concentration simply cannot go on. Then I'd take a break, the hard part is coming back from the break and repeating the process.

Will do,

Read over my review material, practice applying which topics/problems I don't feel comfortable with. Go over everything with practice problems after that to decide what I need to work on. Repeat until I'm easily able to replicate the material that's going to be tested.

Unironically the third option, but like two or three nights usually,
t. 3.88 gpa who graduated

I'm usually doing #3, I get by with low As and some Bs. when I do #1, I get perfect scores on comprehensive exams. sadly, it seems like I'm unable to maintain that kind of work ethic

I know, smart but lazy meme. I feel guilty for wasting talents while I outperform others who work harder than me

give me shit for it, bros, I know you'll be honest

When a test is coming in a week I start doing all the practice problems I can find. I do this because university mathematics is not like a math contest. For every test and every topic, there will always be certain strategies that you have to reuse constantly so it is good form to find what this strategy is early and then quickly build up muscle memory for it. Sure, if you encounter a new type of problem in a test then you can just try to figure out the strategy and that is fine, but you never know how much time it will take your brain to decode a new scenario so it is better to come with a huge database of possibilities so that you can choose your moves efficiently.

Then in the hours before the test comes that is when I sit down, put on my headphones to listen to music and take out my notebook to memorize every formula, definition, and theorem I consider will be relevant. In my previous paragraph when I talked about doing problems, I just do that with an open notebook to not waste time learning stuff when what I really want is to sharpen my problem-solving. So I use this stage to actually memorize and learn the new concepts. You know, I am actually really good at memorization but it is just so boring. I also find it pointless to memorize a week ahead because when I do that what I find myself doing is every day when I wake up I go through a mental list of everything I should have memorized to check if I still know it right. This made me realize that I should just memorize stuff right before the test so I don't have to constantly check if I am retaining it.

And my method of memorizing is just read something, then start singing the lyrics of the song I'm listening for a while, then quickly try to recite what I wanted to memorize to see if it is still there, then go back to singing, then go back reciting, then back to singing. Do this for like 5 to 10 minutes to be sure that the concept is not just in your short-term memory.

>taking Tests

t. PhD candidate

Oh wow man it is so cool that you were born as a Ph.D. candidate and never had to take tests in your life to get there, so cool.

in what dudester, sucking cock?

Why the homophobia?

Sophomore ECE here, at this point it seems like most of the math is out of the way and as long as you get what the fuck is going on you can't go wrong.
t. Signals & systems exam tomorrow

Lol just had mine today. Probably got an A, needed only %50 on final for it