What should I be reading to get ready?

what should I be reading to get ready?

my diary desu

It's post-bio rather than post-nuke but Margaret Atwood's "Oryx & Crake" is really good dystopian fic desu

The Road.

what if I've accepted I'm going to die in the hellfire. Something to cope?

I second The Road.

McCarthy's vision of post-apocalyptic human nature seems a lot more feasible than anything else I've read on the subject. People are just too divisive and self-focused to try and rebuild civilization, so it's more likely going to be gangs of roving cannibals and the survival of the fittest (or more appropriately, the most psychopathic) until humanity goes completely extinct.

I think the psychological damage and overall sense of hopelessness would produce what is depicted in the road. Such a radical and sudden change to the environment and social structure would put everyone into pure survival mode, without the tools for organizing we've grown used to. We'd feed off the corpse of the world till we picked it clean.

I'm finally gonna get a gf, because I'll turn the Chads into tendies.

Yeah this desu

wyndam had some interesting ideas as to how society or small communities might work in the event of an apocalypse, but he had an overly optimistic and idealised vision of how people would actually act

just fyi to all you guys, there's an entire genre on amazon kindle for "surviving the apocalypse" stories. search on amazon for "EMP" and look at the suggestions on the various books

i'm posting this because i dont particularly like mccarthy although im not gonna get all snobby about it. these kindle books are written by amateurs and can be pretty lowbrow but also quite fun

Not atomic holocaust but I enjoyed the Earth Abides and The Drowned World.

Earth Abides was written in the 40s and follows a survivor after a disease wipes out the vast majority of humanity. Focuses on the ecological impact of humanities absence and the responsibility of retaining some form of civilisation against regressing into savagery.

The Drowned World follows survivors in a world where solar storms have caused massive flooding of the Earth and horrendous tropical conditions. People are running away from the equator to the poles for refuge. Some quite interesting themes on ecology too.

srsly nigger. get good

When The Wind Blows, a graphic novel but has more words than graphics, I was thinking to recommend it to lit

Noam Chomsky so you know how to capitulate like a huge faggot to the first raiders you come across.

fpbp

that's front screen projection

download one of those mega survival torrent packs that were so popular during the noughties.

>a graphic novel

Nah.

why are all you faggots obsessed with surviving, some people live in the middle of important cities and accept they're going to die in hellfire, reccommend something like The Bible or something

Waste of time, Atwood is the Drake of modern Canadian lit.

What was the pilot thinking? He missed the trench by a mile.

Shute, On the Beach