Shelf Thread - Penguin ed

Penguin appreciation thread for all broke anons, who like their pages smudged as they turn them. Post your Penguins. Also r8 me

>"My date with user was so shit. HAHAHA! OMG YEAH! I heard he was a virgin later, still is, but I would've guessed anyway as I entered his room. He doesn't have a shelf dedicated entirely to his worn-out Penguin classics..."

only 3 good works- and one is upside down

0/10
fucking turn the odyssey the correct way

Odyssey, Art of War, Suetonius?
You wanna know how I know you're a faggot who can't appreciate life

Sperg

fuck of
i ask asked to rate and i rated

on u fug of

odyssey, shakespeare, and f&t
what do you think i am, a turbopleb?

>buying each volume of (((the familiar)))
why

>f&t
OK, now I love you, user.

I'm assuming you haven't read them? Much better than HoL

i read half of vol1 and it was one of the worst things i've ever read

9/10 for all these shelves. Especially the Pynchon. Your Wordsworth "War & Peace" is better than mine (pic-related).

The Name of the Rose any good?

You didn't even get anywhere near where the story starts. Are you really so helpless as to be unable to read more than 50 pages worth of text without giving up?

1/3

1/2

These two are pics from last year, I don't feel like taking them all down again at the moment.

2/2

I can't help think you're that uncle who plays Blood Bowl, is perpetually single and never hugs you with all this Sci Fi

3/3

The Penguin classics I've got since last April.

Almost at 100!

Married with 3 kids actually. I dont ever see my neices and nephew because they live far away. I tend to play shmups and point and click adventures mostly.

Reeee

You finished Grim Fandango?

no. i have the remastered version though just haven't gotten to it yet. been playing through the blackwell series lately but haven't had much time for games because of toddler.

sorry i have better things to read than 30 volumes of masturbation

>reads what amounts to a few paragraphs
>couldn't understand it
>calls it masturbation
Veeky Forums

1/4

2/4

3/4

4/4

nice world and medieval lit

Your shelves are legit, m8. Bonus points for all unabridged versions.

Its still a pretty shitty cover, regardless. Those Wordsworth classics are a joke, but they're cheap.

I haven't gotten to The Name of the Rose yet. I've been working through the tomes recently, so I'm only finishing 3 or 4 books a month as opposed to 6 or 7. Reading Women and Men now, and it's fucking amazing.

do you think all the works are complete shit/not good? y

*all the other books

tome/10

how much did w&m cost ya?

It was a gift from an Internet friend who said reading McElroy was payment enough, even when I insisted on paying or sending it back when I was done. I didn't expect him to actually send it. Coolest thing anyone has ever done for me.

good god youre one lucky guy

hope you enjoy it/enjoyed it/are enjoying it

I'm only 400 pages into it and it's already top 10. Even of it just repeats the word Triggered for the last 500 pages, I'll still recommend it to everyone

the more people who read the princess of cleves the better this board will be

good work user