My university has an incredible library

my university has an incredible library
what are some rare books i should try to read before i graduate?

was thinking about giving Sironia Texas a go

Who cares, what's this catboy's dick look like?

I showed you this catboy answer me

Stephen king is always a good read

One of the best short story writers of the 20th century was Breece D'J Pancake, who published in The Atlantic a few times before he killed himself in his late 20s. For what it's worth, Vonnegut was in awe of him. His stories are nothing like Vonnegut's though. He writes sadboy stories set in West Virginia. A sample paragraph:

>I lean back, try to forget these fields and flanking hills. A long time before me or these tools, the Teays flowed here. I can almost feel the cold waters and the tickling the trilobites make when they crawl. All the water from the old mountains flowed west. But the land lifted. I have only the bottoms and stone animals I collect. I blink and breathe. My father is a khaki cloud in the canebrakes, and Ginny is no more to me than the bitter smell in the blackberry briers up on the ridge.

Anyhow, there's a collection of his they published after his death but it's hard to find.

Now about that catboy's dirk...

haha i also did this around april before i graduated

I read the 2-volume Oswald Spengler, then I just went to a history section that looked interesting and tried to read as many books as possible

a lot of noise in those big uni libraries

you should read the di giovanni translations of borges (the old ones)

borges' wife took them out of print after he died, and had new shitty translations made so she could make more $$$$$$

There's a good chance your uni's library has 'Women and Men' by Joseph McElroy, you could read that for the simple matter that you may never be able to get a hold of a copy again.

I don't really understand why everyone thinks this book is super rare. You can buy a used copy for around $80 pretty easily, which is a lot less than just one my (((textbooks))) cost.

yeah, we have it, but its getting reprinted this summer anyways

I'll probably read lookout cartridge though

but where's the dick?

Is this Tsuruko/Pipuko?

See if they have this.

>Stephen king is always a good read
What did he mean by this?

Are they really that much better than Hurley's?

I have an epub of some of his stories. Haven't read any though.

Is this really that good? I was recommended this years ago on this board but never find a copy.

Read early McElroy before W&M. You can just grab the Dzanc reprint anyway.

Look into the early books on/about some niche subjects that interest you: stuff like The Magnetic Fields or biographies on unpopular artists/writers. Also art books. Even if not rare, the good ones are always expensive as fuck.

thanks for the tips bro. already read ancient history.

seconding this: twas a shitpost

>tfw my uni has original manuscripts of Spinoza's Tractatus Theologico-Politicus and Descartes' Meditations
Feels good to be so patrician

are there any epub/pdf copies of this around? checked libgen and stuff but can't find anything

that's neat but not useful because you can find unaltered versions online...

I'm just here for the catboy.

>twas

Anything by William Maxwell in his later years.