Literary confession thread

Literary confession thread

I unironically hate all of you and think that you're horrible, untalented writers who don't deserve to even laugh at /r/writing

Pynchon, Wallace et al are just terrible, like unbelievably bad at writing

I have never read a book.

im triggered by stirner memes

Nobody on Veeky Forums has.

I own more books than I have read.

I unironically made a pledge to read only women authors and POC authors for the rest of the year

I just finished IJ. I had forgotten that Hal mentioned he dug up himself with Don and Wayne at like page 16. I feel retarded - I am.

i havent read anything in like 2 years
i really like reading and have a gigantic backlog ready to read but other more fun things distract me

i haven't read a novel in almost 2 years. i'm not even that interested in literature. i just come here to shitpost.

I can't read

I think movies/television/lecture are a more compelling format to give information.

No one gives a fuck about the details in books except pseudos.

you're gonna read some great shit you wouldn't have read otherwise

getchu some of that Marlon James and Louise Erdrich

not really a confession since I willingly tell people this, but Anna Karenina was one of the worst books I've ever read. It's one part the plot of a short story he wrote years prior, one part Madame Bovary and hundreds upon hundreds of pages of Tolstoy's dogma attempting to be presented like it's the one true way

I think fiction is for sentimental queers/women and philosophy/history/politics/science texts (non pop) are the only enjoyable forms of literature

I don't understand how you homo fuccbois can read garbage like pychon, hemingway, or poe

I mostly read because I feel like I should, rather than any genuine enjoyment.

Anyone who thinks this highly of politics is likely sub 50 IQ

Honestly, less than that.

It depends on whether we're talking about Hoppe and Zizek or Ann Coulter and Ta Nehisi Coates

all of those people are absolute retard tier

I've read a lot of books and still post here.

I don't understand the criteria behind any of your tastes except as a mess of self-referential garbage inherited from others and think I'm probably smarter than most of you simply for being an auto-didact who generates my own, mostly wrong but at least novel opinions constantly.

I loved the Inheritance Cycle

the thought of continuing to read infinite jest after the first four chapters instills in me a powerful feeling of extreme dread. i don't want to do it but you guys are going to make me do it eh? i hate you all

it's like the star wars prequels of books. made by one person who had way more control than he should. extremely corny, cliched plots. weird kind of obvious political message. extremely bizarre transformations for main characters. some plots dragged on painfully long and others resolved in single sentences.

in the same way it is lovable for how strange it is

i go to libraries and pretend to read books until a female comes near me looking for a book, i pretend that i work there and want to help her, when she asks me to help her pick out a book, i tell her that i'm part of the a book club and she should join because she has great taste, then i give her Veeky Forums in big letters on a business card and smile and sit back down to my book.

I prefer small (max 200p). The faster I finish a story the better I feel. Has electronic media ruined me?

>lovable
Ive read the series 4 times through and really want the 5th book to hurry up.

I need to find a new series.

Been reading the same book since October 2016...being a wagie is death.

I mostly read history and I can barely tell the difference between genuine and pop books.

it's okay historians are still being surprised herodotus didn't make shit up half as often as they thought.

There's a fifth? I only read the last two out of obligation to my childhood self. I thought it was over. Didn't 4 come out kind of a while ago?

4 came out in 2011

He has said in interviews that there will be a 5th, stand-alone, book that will take place after the Inheritance series. The same world with new and old characters.

I thought he was writing a SF story now

Why is it that people always try to compare different mediums?

It's useless, none is "better" than the other, each of them provide a unique way to convey subjects that the other may be incapable to do in the same way due to the inherent difference of them.

Just fucking enjoy them for what they are instead of being pretentious

t. r/writing

-About a third of my books are unread even though I buy new ones.

-Every third book I read is a trashy pulp novel.

-I read classics an expect them to be highly moving and touching and tend to be disappointed each time and question why these works get such praise.

-I think that the "X country has the best literature" arguments are mostly unsubstantiated wank.

-Stirner is right

-Most of my collection is history and political works

-I think Orwell is a good writer

Depends on your ability to concentrate and reading longer works.
Although it's not necessarily bad that you prefer novellas, a few of my favorite books are short.
Plus a lot of amazing authors never did a 250+ p. works

CAPTCHA: Kino freda

I never am able to read a book past page 50, regardless of my actual enjoyment.

Sometimes I prefer to be well versed in my country's literature than reading some classics, not because of national pride, but rather the amount of great authors we have and still haven't get around most of their work that interests me way more than Mark Twain or Dickens I haven't read a page of any of them

Which country?

México

>I love Melville too much.

It's like I'm in a cult now. Everyone I know who reads or thinks of themselves as literary always holds Moby Dick up as the classic that doesn't deserve to be a classic.

I always shill for Moby Dick. Everytime. They used to ask me for book recommendations all the time back when my favorite books were things like East of Eden, The Great Gatsby, or Pride & Prejudice, but now I tell them to read Moby Dick and they grumble and whine. Feels good man.

I read a book written by Anne Lamott

Lectures offer dialogue, but limit the sphere of what can be handled. Television/movies are way too subtle to be honest with their implications.

My brother bought me a book for my birthday but I've been reading digital for so long that I can't stand reading physical anymore so I haven't touched the one he gave me and instead downloaded and read a digital version of the book.

You are all retarded pseuds and shitposters who haven't read shit and talk out of your asses. I would have moved to rabbit long ago but that site looks ugly and annoying as fuck.

*Disgust*

damn chicanos man.

I like John Green novels

I'm with you,

I love Melville. Particularly Moby Dick. It's my favorite novel of all time and every time someone badmouths it I get defensive. I kind of get it when people bitch about entire chapters devoted to the uses of whale products. But so what? Skip those 2 chapters if you must. The story is excellent and you can get lost for years in discussions of Melville's intent.

I still finger track desu

I refuse to read books by women and even burnt one which was assigned to me in school

I love books about cryptids, conspiracies, and ancient aliens but I don't believe any of it.

I've never read anything by Steven King, because his books are fucking enormous and I don't want to spend 1000 pages on a waste of time.
I haven't read a novel front to back in years.

I am male and I read Laurel K Hamilton. (for mostly degenerate reasons)

Applicable to most people who read. The temptation to pick up more books before you've finished your current one is always strong.

It took me a while to understand the first section of The Sound and The Fury

I dropped the sound and the fury at the first section

I only read genre fiction and only the stuff recommended by /sffg/ at that since I'm mostly an anime&manga kinda guy but enjoy western fantasy
I fucking loved the Light Novel of Goblin Slayer, first time I've felt giddy reading anything since like 2010 or so

I shit on Bukowski for years before realizing that he was not the same guy who wrote Fight Club. I mean he still turned out to be a pseud, but still pretty embarrassing on my part.

At least make it to the second section: Quentin's section is the best by far.

Moby Dick is something special and unfortunately not everyone can appreciate it.

I read James Patterson in high school..

I read Maximum Ride: Schools Out Forever in 36 hours
that's the fastest I've ever read a book

what does this say?

>Criticizing writers you haven't read and calling other people a pseud
I implore you to kill yourself.

>Skip those 2 chapters if you must.

I read Fight Club a long time ago, I just forgot who wrote it, and I hardly think anyone would disagree that Bukowski was a pseud.

I constantly worry while reading that I'm not retaining enough

It was advise given by one of my teachers in HS. She said they didn't even read those in her college class that covered the book. Personally I found it all very fascinating.

I don't read any books I just come here because I like sharing and reading the high intellect of this board.

I came here from reddit.

I'm gay. I love men's buns and wieners.

Why are you saging and shitposting? This thread has just as much merit as every john green bait thread.

It's okay, we all had a little trouble understanding them at first. Keep working, though, you'll get it user.

every second book I read is some self-help, finding yourself, crystal, yoga, massage, true you type shit.

The other books are about dragons.

Then youre fucking retarded.
This place is explicitly for pseuds, and for pseuds only.

I'm a psuedo but not a spook.

I've written more books than I have read

wow its andy mcnab

More like Robert Pattison.

Garth Marenghi pls go

This isn't really that much of a confession, though. I mean, you were basically the target audience of The X-Files and you're currently the target audience of who knows how many shitty paranormal/conspiracy/alien abduction related shows on TV.

Sadly /sffg/ Isn't the same any more, reddit destroyed those threads.

Go away Chuck Tingle.

Pounded In The Ass By The Anonymous Users Of A Jamaican Plastic Tools Manufacture Forum will not be written by itself.

I've written book reviews on FB and I kinda like it

I don't like reading fiction. I'll only read it if it holds some cerebral merit to it.

Most Anglo lit I've read was the most boring, dull and dry out there.

war memoirs hold a lot literary merit

every book I get is either a memoir, theology, reference, classic russian lit, or an operations book.

I used to read video game and starwars books back in high school, and to this day I regret it badly, I also regret forcing myself reading Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Series.

RNS

I really like George Orwell's writing

Ancient aliens is absolute trite, but I honestly believe in bigfoot/sasquatch, based off my own experiences

I unironically believe The Magicians by Lev Grossman is one of the most important books written so far in the 21st century.

i cannot stand victorian writing and many potentially good novels i derive no enjoyment from because of the awfully dry prose

I have read everything Veronica Roth has written.

I think the television series is pretty good. Have not touched the books yet.

>Victorian writing
>awfully dry prose
I bet you unironically hate Wuthering Heights, too. Pleb.

Almost every single post I've made on lit has been a line or excerpt I ripped from literature ranging from pulpy detective novels, to 733T postmodern melodramas and nobody has ever called me out on it. Going on 4 years now.

Not even a chicano user...
I just appreciate the works that we produce, nothing else

i dont hate it but i wouldnt choose to reread it

Start with Rulfo. Pedro Paramo, Will change your life, carnalito.