Studying by my own

Hey Sci
I want to start studying math by my own, but i dont know where to start. I already study mechanical engineering, and is kinda late to chance my carreer, any sugestions?. (sorry for the bad english)

Other urls found in this thread:

Veeky
pastebin.com/ynSCNc5p
ocw.mit.edu/index.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

High School:
• Euclidean geometry, complex numbers, scalar multiplication, Cauchy-Bunyakovskii inequality. Introduction to quantum mechanics (Kostrikin-Manin). Groups of transformations of a plane and space. Derivation of trigonometric identities. Geometry on the upper half-plane (Lobachevsky). Properties of inversion. The action of fractional-linear transformations.
• Rings, fields. Linear algebra, finite groups, Galois theory. Proof of Abel's theorem. Basis, rank, determinants, classical Lie groups. Dedekind cuts. Construction of real and complex numbers. Definition of the tensor product of vector spaces.
• Set theory. Zorn's lemma. Completely ordered sets. Cauchy-Hamel basis. Cantor-Bernstein theorem.
• Metric spaces. Set-theoretic topology (definition of continuous mappings, compactness, proper mappings). Definition of compactness in terms of convergent sequences for spaces with a countable base. Homotopy, fundamental group, homotopy equivalence.
• p-adic numbers, Ostrovsky's theorem, multiplication and division of p-adic numbers by hand.
• Differentiation, integration, Newton-Leibniz formula. Delta-epsilon formalism.

>I already study mechanical engineering
Present or past?
>I already am studying mechanical engineering
>I already studied mechanical engineering

Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Mathematics
Start with proofs.

I'd personally double major in math.

user, ignore all the previous answers especially the first faggot's as they are all memey and gay. Basically just go to Khan academy and choose which math level you think you're at and test it by doing practice quizzes, if you fail a bunch go back to previous sections and do them and keep moving forward from your highest point and don't forget each math course is based on the previous to a large extent

double math?

>faggot
Why the homophobia?

Khan academy is a meme

Just libgen any math book you want to study and you will get better at math if you constantly challenge yourself

b-but muh average iq

would be intrested in Veeky Forums study hall for us freetimers

>Khan Academy
Maybe for practice but I think you can do better. OP, I have been just working through text-books. Do the practice problems, if it's something you think you already know, solve a few anyways. You may be surprised how much you thought you knew but you don't. The only way to learn is to challenge yourself. I don't know what your background is but here's some textbooks, sorry I have to send them one-link at a time but just use these and try to fill in whatever gaps you have in your education. There's a lot of overlap in the material between these, but I think worth trying until you find the one that works for you. The biggest thing is to put in the time and actually try solving problems. If you don't, you're only cheating yourself.

Link: pastebin.com/ynSCNc5p

That just means its easier to challenge yourself and improve.
If your goal is to get better than an avg IQ is best if your goal is to be the best then you have to have an high IQ (IQ is just a meme by the way . The reason IQ tests are high for mathematicians is because are good at the type of shit on IQ tests. also the best in math dosn't even mean anything because it's split up into so many sub fields. A brainlet could become the master of some obscure math that they love while a genius might spend a lot of time on math they don't love to further their career) Anyways ignor my rambling and just pickup a book and read if you arn't getting a little excited after every problem pick up a different book and if you are constantly cheating the problems then just pick up a easier book. Eventually you build up enough experience (mathematical maturity) you will be able to learn more advanced topic and learn lower level topics faster.

When I see threads like this I always wonder what level the OP is actually at.

Is OP some faux nerd faggot in highschool who saw one too many bill nye or black science guy memes?

Or is OP someone with basic mathematical backgrounds like an engineer (full calculus, diff eq's, and maybe some complex analysis)?

Because as an EE I try to keep myself up to date and will sometimes reach out to others to see what they are reading and what interests them.

I always imagine that it's some HS fag.

so i can learn full calculus with my 100 iq?

>I already study mechanical engineering
>from op

If by learn full calculus you mean open the calculus book you studied out of and give a detailed answer any problem in the book cold then yes you could do that but I don't believe it would be worth it for most books

What I mean by that is I don't believe it's necessary or wise to start a with the intent of mastering every problem. Just do every problem in the book that you can do then move on if you feel like you havn't "learned full calculus" after solving every problem (for a reason like "I can't do a basic problem without a worked example." you might want to redo that section) move onto a harder book rinse and repeat as much as you want if you can go from reading Thomas/Larson Stewart to langs 2 books to Apostol to courant and Hilbert and other old diff&int calc to
calculus problem books like aops/other to Putnam calculus problems and books to prepare for Putnam like Andreescu to integration technique books. I could go on forever If i took out the Putnam stuff I could go forever without even mentioning analysis. The point is learning all of calculus is a futile endeavor yet if you read the first book the second books will be much easier and the 3rd book will be much easier the 4th books will seem trivial even even though it's way way way harder than Thomas/Stewart/Larson. Even the harshest mathematician would say your knowledge of calculus is good if a books like Apostol or Hilbert/courant were easy for you even if you had to take Thomas/Stewart/Larson then Langs two books first.

khan academy is shit bru

I agree with your intention, but this has just become spam. Do you have OCD?

Just read simmons' precalculus in a nutshell, keisler's elementary calculus (free), and nearing's mathematical tools for physics (free), and you'll have enough math for basic engineering.

because you andare raging cocksuckers

OP, get a decent Calculus 1 textbook and do it back to back. You'll know where you want to go from there

This links to almost every MIT OCW math book needed for their courses.

I would suggest starting with what you need for your job.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:55bppigcwraet3geltsz4n7zijw3cyna&dn=MIT%2BMath%2BBooks

Pretty much all of MIT courses are available online for free
ocw.mit.edu/index.htm

Nom english as a mother language user here, I think he meant it in the present form

Non*