You should be able to solve this

You should be able to solve this

depends on the board size
it could take her 0 minutes if she cuts them arbitrarily small

Are we allowed to use the illustration as a hint?

Are you trying to show whomever graded the paper (if that's what the red "corrections" are) was a brainlet?

10/2=5, so five minutes per cut
3*5=15

(It only takes one cut to saw a board into two pieces)

ur dum

>Falls for the weakest bait
>Calls someone else dumb
O_o

Goteem xD

Thanks. You just reminded me to put "able to solve this" on my auto-hide list along with all of the other retarded template thread phrases.

Maybe it was a square board, and the first cut split it vertically in half, and the second cut one of those halves horizontally in half.
The first cut would then take twice as long as the second.

please kill yourself

>Saw a board into two pieces = 1 operation = 10 minutes
>Saw a board into three pieces = 2 operations = 20 minutes
>However 10/2 pieces = 5 bongos
>Therefore to saw a board into 3 pieces would be 3x5 bongos
>15 minutes
>mfw

ummmm, no look at the picture brainlet

10 minutes. It clearly says she'll finish the second job as quickly as the first one, which took 10 minutes.

>implying it would take 10 minutes to saw that board into 2 pieces.
It obviously must be a different board than the illustration.

(3/(2/600))*3/60=15 minutes

its a woman

Same logic applies with slightly different wording.

10min/2pieces = 5 min per piece

3 pieces * 5 min/piece = 15 min

Then the 10 minutes was how long it took her to find a man to do the job.

So the answer is probably only a couple of minutes, since the man will ready be there for the second board.

>falls for the weakest bait fall

10 divided by 2=5, 5 x 3=15, ergo, it's 15.
This is 1st grade stuff, literally.

a-am I retarded guys? It only takes 1 cut to cut it into two pieces, and one cut takes 10 minutes. Similarly, it takes one cut of one of the two pieces to create a further three pieces. So it takes two cuts in total, at 10 minutes per cut, that's 20 minutes.

You are correct. Cutting through the 4x4 takes her ten minutes. Cutting through it twice takes 20 minutes.

If it took her 10 minutes to saw it once, it should take 20minutes to saw it twice...

The correct answer is 20

10 minutes to cut into 2 pieces implies she only saw the board once. Literally break a pencil in half once and see how many pieces you have.

[=========] -->
[===] + [======] -->
[===] + [===] + [===]
Two arrows = two steps to get to three pieces. Each hack/saw/cut is 10 minutes, so it takes Marie 20 minutes total to produce 3 boards, because she only needs to cut the board twice.

>5 min per piece
>takes 5 minutes for the whole board to materialize after picking up the saw

10 minutes.... shes working just as fast

10/2 = x/3 solve for x

No because since it takes here 10 minutes to cut a board into 2 pieces it takes her 5 minutes to cut a board into 1 piece. After that it's literally 2nd grade multiplication.

For those who are taking math above calculus, are the problems as arbitrary and vague as this? Or are the alternate possibilities explicitly negated

Sawing a board in two pieces only requires one cut. Sawing it in three pieces requires two cuts. 20 minutes. idiots

How do you cut something into 1 piece?

I'm dying stop.

Here is an visual explanation for the dumbasses in this thread

Wait, I think I get your point, and I'm still thinking about it, neither-way, you're not

You perform 0 cuts, which takes 5 minutes.

Wait, if it takes her one cut to cut it into 2 pieces (10 min), it will take her another 10 min to cut the other piece a.k.a 20 min. Not sure how to explain it, somewhat like the pawn in chess.

So she/he is right

Or is he right, is just the explanation of my past self... I DUNNO MAN MI TRIPPING BALLS

Woah what software did you use to make this???!

Maybe 0 cuts was defined as taking 5 minutes at the top of the problem set?

but she would be cutting a board into... 1 piece?

PLZ HELP I DUNNO LIFE ANYMORE

>being so shit at everything it takes you 5 minutes to acknowledge you've done nothing
women

The whole point of maths is to learn how to interpret problems correctly.

Adobe Photoshop, but don't tell anyone, it's an illegal version

bro.... can u hook me up???

but she would be cutting a board into... 1 piece?

PLZ HELP I DUNNO LIFE ANYMORE

if she can cut them however she wants, then the answer isn't 15 either, assuming marie's cutting time is inversly proportional to the area of the cutting plane intersection with the board, it's a very small number close to 0, because marie will just knock 2 atoms off of the corner.

Yeah, because "knocking off atoms" is just a simple thing you can do in a time close to 0. She wants to saw a board into pieces, not knock off atoms, and "knocking off atoms" would probably be much harder and take much longer than just using a saw

I told you what assuptions I made. It still should be enough for you to realise you can cut a board into pieces much faster than the method presented in the picture I responded tol.

How can you cut a board into 1 piece exactly? At which points do I apply pressure so as to break a pencil into a single piece?

10 Minutes for 3 pieces. Saws are usually pretty flexible, so Marie bends it in such a way that she can saw the board into exactly 3 pieces.

Someone draw this

Apply force to a point -1cm along the pencil with your finger to snap into one piece.

are you retarded? you can just scratch the board with the saw to "knock off atoms"

says the dumbass who saws the board lengthways

Is everyone on Veeky Forums really this stupid or are you guys just being super meta-ironic.

No they really are this dumb.

>they

It would be 20 if she had to cut them into equal pieces.