Post comfy books to relax with Inbetween big works

Post comfy books to relax with Inbetween big works

this is a good read

does anyone have the one that says "classic philip is high as dick"? that's a good one

ive never seen that one before! This is my fav

I thought about reading it before watching the show, but the reviews on amazon say it's abhorrent. Is it just crybabies from the show, because nothing explodes or is it actually a shit book?

PKD wasn't that great a writer. His ideas are God tier, but his prose was lacking. A lot of "her breasts jutted out at him like two torpedos"

been reading HP Lovecraft and Melville shorts
Bartlett was great

Gogol is more comfy than he should be. His enjoyable and don't feel like homework.

>Bartlett
Bartleby

it's good, probably his best. it's just nothing like the show, because the show is basically 5% the book and 95% another ripoff of "lost".

the show "fixes" the book by adding traditional character arcs, heroic motivations, a supernatural mystery that won't be solved for 5 seasons and so on. the book is intentionally just little snippets of aimless lives in a doomed world. the show applies some "how to write fiction in 10 easy steps" type shit to the world of the book, so suddenly everyone's on a grand personal journey or whatever. it's not surprising that fans of the show bounce off the book.

I tend to alternate between classics/philosphy and light fantasy.

Piers Anthony and Terry Brooks lately.

Jack London is also good if you prefer small comfy reads while remaining inside of "classic" reads

I know his prose is basic, but his ideas are often mindblowing

Thanks!

I love these memes

>Philip Dick
>Fill up with dick
lol

Adolf in Wonderland
Ass Goblins of Auschwitz
The Baby Jesus Butt Plug - A fairy tale
The faggiest vampire
The kobold wizzard's dildo of enlightenment +2
>Anything Bizarro fiction really
>Them tits-> it's pretty overrated meme
Just that with a description of a woman the breasts are included
>Horselover Fat

The show is pretty insufferable aside from the world. I wouldn't say it's like Lost because Lost at least had likable characters. Everyone in TMITHC is just so boring, with the exception of the Nazi dad. It's closer to House of Cards in how profoundly bland its story, conspiracies, twists, and characters are. The 5% from the book basically carries the show

>but his prose was lacking
Honestly, everyone says this and it set me up for something entirely different. I was expected clunky, atrocious, overdone prose. Instead, I got prose that was mostly clean, neat, and not obsessed with poetry and metaphors.

PKD doesn't try to do flashy prose, yes. That doesn't detract from his works, it's just something he doesn't have. In fact, overly pretty prose would probably take away from the ideas.

He's one of my favorite authors but I still haven't come across Prospero's Cell or his poetry

Yeah, his prose isn't bad. It's simply basic and workmanlike.

Murakami and Jules Verne are good for this

except 1Q84, fuck that shit

>Murakami
>good
I agree with Verne, tho. Michel Strogoff is beautiful