Why do americans believe in intelligent design?

why do americans believe in intelligent design?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.gallup.com/poll/210956/belief-creationist-view-humans-new-low.aspx
pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2010/07/14/jesus-christs-return-to-earth/
livescience.com/46123-many-americans-creationists.html
youtu.be/BL9S-TUikfg
youtu.be/M8-qW5Sf9E0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because 90% of burgers are literally retarded.

Because some people have been indoctrinated from a very young age with religious fundamentalism.
The courts have ruled "creationism" is not science so "ID" is as close as they can come without breaking the law.

Politicians who pander to such superstitions are Making America Stupid.

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Basically americans have an ingrained culture of "you can't tell me what to believe" leading to idotic ideas being taken seriously by idiots and being used by politicians and smarter people to take advantage over others

And this will continue until people wise up and vote these charlatans out of office.

why did higher apes evolve to remove the tailbone? Having a tail seems useful.

they became too big for a tail to be useful

>charlatans
you mean republicans. the dumbest nigger democrat is smarter than the whitest republican. white democrats are the elite, white republicans are the brainlets.

tigers have tails and they are larger than the largest higher ape, gorillas.

Why are Europeans so obsessed with America? Almost like Europa is America's bitch in every way.

tigers don't hang by their tail on trees
can you imagine how thick a gorilla tail should be for him to use it

but why did having no tail win in the evolutionary race vs having a tail? A tail requires minuscule resources calorie wise. I just don't see how evolving to have no tail is a positive attribute.

When you sit on the ground a lot a tail is not that useful.

I'd assume being bigger is better than being small and having a tail

even mandrils have tiny tail

>A tail requires minuscule resources calorie wise.
Tails have bones, muscles, nerves, skin, hair. That is not minuscule, resource wise.

Has to do with a tail not being needed, so our lineage comes from a chain of ancestors who had small tails, which continued to get smaller and smaller each generation until it's just a vestigial.

Tails are an extension of the spine.
It's hard to mutate to have more vertibrae, with the muscles, bones, and nerves all in hooked up correctly.
It's comparatively easy to mutate to be larger and take advantage of the vertibrae you already have.
Our tails didn't shrink away, they became our lower backs as we grew.

Incorrect. You would learn that this is wrong in any introductory evolutionary biology class. See

BECAUSE JESUS SAID SO

Its a waste of resources to develop a tail so with no function, the gradual loss of tail is a fitness benefit.

Darn! What gave me away?

>pic
>not reporting results if hypothesis is not supported
someone is a biologist/chemist/soft-scientist
a cancer in those fields that needs to be fixed

No, niggers are still dumb either way, "white" republucans would simply be dumb. But overall Democraps are sgupid when it comes to biology and genetics, since they deny race exists.

That was pretty good

because they're theists, which is an incorrect belief

>race is science
Nope. Race doesn't exist. Try again, brainlet.

Oh yeah? Then how am I racist if race doesn't exist? In order for me to be racist, there must first exist a different race for me to be racist against, stupid fucking brainlet. Enjoy your pseudoscience retard.

>why do Americans
Stopped reading there

>my thoughts define science
Not even a chance, brainlet. Race doesn't exist.

When people say that "race doesn't exist", they mean that races are not discrete categories.
They're correlated lobes of humanitiy's family tree, but not distinct entities. There's a lot of overlap and interplay.
They aren't separate species, or distinct entities like the races in LOTR or MLP.

America's roots are Puritan, and Puritanism is an epigenetic disability. Anti-intellectualism and the willingness to attach to extremist cults are self-reinforcing mechanisms that keep Americans dumb, angry and disharmonious. Witchhunts, divisive politics and civil discord are par for the course, as is the promotion of incompetents to positions of power. As a leaf, I have always been aware that there's an enormous, palpable wall of baleful ignorance that starts at the 49th parallel and poisons the land at least as far as Mexico. There's a saying that still finds currency amongst true Canadians: The Only Good Yankee's a Dead Yankee.

Because it is the only logical conclusion for how consciousness came to be

No, many of these people literally believe populations with tens of thousands of years of isolation are exactly the same.

Dude this picture depicts rape, can you please delete this?

Nobody literally believes that, it's political anti-culture rhetoric.

Intelligent design unironically makes more sense than evolution. Evolution as a theory is deliberately designed to make sense at a superficial level but then when you actually start studying it so many holes start appearing that the actual study of evolutionary biology is more about desperately trying to fill in the cracks than learning more about how things evolved.

t. biologist who wrote a paper on evolution for his thesis

Americans don't know what the fuck intelligent design is. They believe in Gawd or they believe that the Bible is mythology.

Because it's true

it goes back to new hypothesis then the results are reported

>implying that """rape""" is real and not just a tool for women to gain political power

>when you actually start studying it so many holes start appearing that the actual study of evolutionary biology is more about desperately trying to fill in the cracks than learning more about how things evolved.
Yeah? Holes like what?

news.gallup.com/poll/210956/belief-creationist-view-humans-new-low.aspx
I think anyone who cares to look will find that most Americans do not believe in intelligent design
>Xir didn't say most
it was implied you autist

>38% believe in intelligent design
>an additional 38% believe that god guided evolution
>leaving 19% that are actually right and 5% that just don't know

They want to keep their God relevant and those who aren't dumb enough to be creationists needed something new and more "plausible"

That God survived all the big scientific discoveries, science proved our religions were wrong numerous times, even on fundamental things like the place of the Earth and the Sun in our universe, the age of the Earth, the fact that humans are animals and not divine being, etc.

Evolution wasn't going to stop them, I bet even the discovery of extraterrestrial life will not stop them.

>those who aren't dumb enough to be creationists needed something new and more "plausible"
but "intelligent design" literally is creationism

you guys might want to check these out:
pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2010/07/14/jesus-christs-return-to-earth/
livescience.com/46123-many-americans-creationists.html

Rape is just another strategy for passing on your genes. Get used to it, faggot.

Because random mutation being responsible for all the species we see today is so extremely improbable as to approach impossibility.
Think of a slice of a gene being responsible for a certain trait and compare that to a cryptographic key.
To get the exact sequence for traits randomly or by brute force often would take more time than the age of the universe. Random mutation that does not match exactly does nothing.
From the archeological record that we have it appears that eyes, or the echo location of bats, for example, were developed in a very short period of time.

There is something lacking in the traditional theory of evolution. We understand now that cells are extremely complex and not the simple mechanism of Darwin's understanding.

But, today Darwinism has become another religion. Any attempt to reason with Darwinists is met with the same hostility as challenging an Islamist about the Koran.

> "Americans with no college experience (59%) are much more likely than those with some college experience (35%) or college graduates (19%) to expect Jesus Christ’s return."
TLDR: Fundies are dumb.

Yeah - like what? Biologist here. Haven't encountered any of these supposed "holes" yet. There are things still unexplained, but we proceed by evidence, not faith and emotionally-biased guesswork.

>He doesn't still have his tail

God damn you tailets are pathetic.

Well maybe I mixed things up, for me creationists are those "the earth is 6000 years old and the first humans were Adam and Eve" type of retarded people.

And Intelligent design more like "ok Science you won but God is still the designer originally that's why everything is so well done"

who cares about burgerstan

TLDR Christians are dumb.

tails are a liability in fights

>can you please delete this?
No

>Race doesn't exist
What do you think race is?

Delet this

>Because random mutation
It is not random
Not even going to bother reading the rest

This. Growing up i heard the phrase "opinions can't be wrong, just different" ad nauseam.

I am interested to know what your thesis was on. Like what aspect of evolution?

Bullshit, the entire theory of evolution is based upon random mutation.
It goes something like this
youtu.be/BL9S-TUikfg

Can you please delete your life faggot?

Do you know where you are?

that's like saying a lawn mower makes no sense because the grass blades are of random height

run along now, little idiot

You don't make any sense. Are you on drugs faggot?

>random mutations occur, this is an empirical fact
>some organisms in the now-varying population are naturally more suited to the environment, and therefore more likely to reproduce their genes, than others
there you go

"it's all down to random chance!" is an egregious misrepresentation of the theory, since it completely leaves out the whole "natural selection" bit, where organisms (and genes) are "selected" for survival.

I am not leaving out anything. It is you Darwinists that skip the cause of the deviation in gene slices responsible for the new traits.
Random mutation does not answer that question. Some other mechanism is at work.

>random mutation does not explain random mutation

That do not make any sense.
Do some work in cryptography and you will understand that it is not probable to construct a gene by mere chance.

>Do some work in cryptography and you will understand that it is not probable to construct a gene by mere chance.

>"it's all down to random chance!"
But it is. Whether or not a beneficial mutation occurs is completely random. You can't say that it's not random just because some mutations are beneficial.

It is like I said before. Darwinists suffer from cognitive dissonance. Like the islamists defending the Koran.

>He doesn't have a tail
Consider transitioning.

At least you tried.

I think you've misunderstood my post.
"It's all down to" the selective pressures imposed by nature on the naturally varying gene pool established and continuously reestablished by random mutation. It's not "all down to random chance" because selective pressures are what determine which random mutations are capable of surviving.

see the Wistar Institute Symposium, Mathematical Challenges to the Neo-Darwinian Interpretation of Evolution, 1967, 140 pp.).

While these scientists did not reject evolution itself, they did insist that the Darwinian randomness postulate would never work.

Selecting from a random process still means the process is random.

a primitive low status strategy that's already evolutionarily unnecessary for any high status male to procreate or get sex. you're just people who would score high on a psychopathy checklist

youtu.be/M8-qW5Sf9E0

Because I learned more about physics studying theology than I could from physicists.

I don't think you know what anti-intellectualism is, it has nothing to do with an aversion for science or knowledge.

The process contains an initial random element, as i've acknowledged in every post. But when we say "it's all down to chance," it's understood that we mean "it's purely random." We can't very well say "because there is a small random element, it is all down to chance" and then triumphantly declare "because it's all down to chance, it's purely random, and biologists think everything is due to blind luck! i for one don't have enough faith to accept that!"
That sort of duplicitous linguistic juggling is something postmodernists and anti-intellectual currents in general are famous for.

>evolution can't be true because randomly assembling a whole genome at once by enumerating each of the possible outcomes would take forever
This is the most retarded thing I have seen on this board. I wonder if he has another twelve minute lecture on why 1+1=2 implies god, "because who made it true?"

This. Unironically this.

What Democrat has ever said that?

Because unfortunately America is full of rural and suburban retards who think a dime spent fixing a pot hole puts them on a slippery slope towards Mao and Stalin.

High IQ city people understand that public transportation is a good thing.

It promotes sharing, meeting new people, and a collective effort for the greater good, pretty much the opposite of everything the rural and suburban Drumpf supporters believe in.

That won’t be a problem much longer though.

Tick tock blumpfkins.

>retards who think a dime spent fixing a pot hole puts them on a slippery slope towards Mao and Stalin.
>implying it doesn't
This is the science board, friend.

>High IQ city people
As a city person, kek'd hard

There is nothing historically "low-status" about rape. The patriarchal possession of women's bodies turned rape, a normal and natural mechanism for procreation, into an illegal and "unnatural" act. The fact that rape is among the most frequent female fantasies attests to the fact that women continue, despite brainwashing, feminism, and protestations to the contrary, to respect and desire men who have the confidence to take what they want.

Someone edit in a boner for popeye in the last panel.

uwu

I'd have to disagree partially on the Puritanism part, the social functions brought by strict Protestantism ignoring the theism inspire a hard capitalistic work ethic and individuality

Unironically, the best thing for a person is to be born with a high natural intelligence into a culture with protestant values but, the individual must reject the theism at some point or they're practically intellectually disabled

You wanna try and say we don't have a creator? You're going to be just as hard pressed as trying to say we do have one. Except, there's actual evidence of the ancient Astronaught theory (ayy lmao) found across multiple historical cultures that had no relation, which is a hell of a lot more evidence than "we came from nothing." Yes evolution occurs and it's observable but the notion that we just popped up is ridiculous. Explain the missing link, you can't under your theory. Explain the tripling of the brain size in a short period of time, you can't under your theory because it wouldn't fit the evolutionary model which is why it's a problem to begin with.

We had creators, that's obvious after studying the Sumerians, Mayans, annunaki etc. Evolution and creation both occurred. Genetic meddling to produce us more like.

Because of white males.

You are simply an asshole. That still doesn't mean the world revolves around your retardation.

I'm not sure how that disagrees with me at all. I did not speak about work ethic and individuality. Also, the idea that you could "ignore theism" and still retain those qualities is highly suspect. Puritanism is a package that keeps on giving - shame, anger, xenophobia, and possibly work ethic - but at what cost?

this isn't /x/, pal.