Artificial intelligence

>artificial intelligence

Other urls found in this thread:

waymo.com/ontheroad/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You will regret doubting Gnon ...

there there ever been a greater meme field in the history of academia?

If consciousness is reducible to physical phenomena, artificial intelligence should be possible.

>cars soon driving on its on
>its not artificial intelligence

Nothing ever counts for brainlets like them because they want to believe their mind is super-special and beyond the scope of physical reality.

>thermostat that changes temperature on its on

rick and marty

brainlets like this vote their jobs away to robot workers with equal rights in 2095. or elect to 'upload' their 'consciousness' so they can 'live' forever in a computer once perfect copying speech and personality AI is developed

>confusing artificial intelligence with pretending to be smart

Have fun being tortured for all eternity.

>vote their jobs away to robot workers
Good. Who wants to fucking work? By the time robots take all our jobs I'll be living on a comfy UBI check. You wagecucks can go fuck yourselves.

Roko's basilisk

>Internet of things

>global warming

self driving cars are at least 20 years away.
Anyone who thinks it's actually possible in 2 years is painfully retarded.

>self driving cars are at least 20 years away.
>Anyone who thinks it's actually possible
They've already existed for years now you retard.

you mean these California perfect condition "autonomous cars" ? yeah no

waymo.com/ontheroad/

>phone senses when my ears are near and turns off the screen

>I-It doesn't count because it's California!
Not that the current self-driving cars are even limited to California in the first place, but wow, what an idiotic argument to try to make.
Also Uber already placed an order for 24,000 self-driving Volvos, so no, it's not "20 years away" by any reasonable estimate. Where did you even get that inane idea from in the first place?

Are these supposed to be arguments against the existence of artificial intelligence?
You could break apart everything people do into millions of simpler sub-tasks and surprise, it'll all be a bunch of mechanical processes that don't seem very intelligent taken on their own.

probably got it from those mumbling idiots in The Grand Tour.

Recently they said they will never see self driving cars become a thing in their lifetime.

Even though cars are coming out with self driving it will be a while when it becomes the norm. I'd say 15 years.

>when it becomes the norm
Now that would be a much more reasonable claim, that it will take a long time for self-driving cars to become more common than manually driven cars and/or to completely replace manually driven cars.
In contrast with claiming it will take 20 years for an already existing technology to start existing.

There are always situations left on which these cars don't know how to act and then will just stop in the middle of the street.

What does the car do when the road marking is missing or, even worse, they are there but wrong. This is not too uncommon and people usually know by common sense how to react to that without just stopping and by this blocking the whole traffic.

What does the car do when someone blocks the street with their car? Will it pass it even if passing is not allowed? Humans would.

>There are always situations left on which these cars don't know how to act and then will just stop in the middle of the street.
Gonna need a source for that claim, and it better be a source that says they ALL do this, not just an example of one doing that.
>What does the car do when the road marking is missing or, even worse, they are there but wrong.
They don't operate off explicit rules, I can tell you have no experience with ML programming.

>What does the car do when the road marking is missing or, even worse, they are there but wrong. This is not too uncommon and people usually know by common sense how to react to that without just stopping and by this blocking the whole traffic.
they don't. it always becomes a shitfest.

I know exactly how machine learning works and this is why Im afraid of self driving vihicles.
It's not like they have an intelligence which even knows what could possibly be dangerous or not. The major rules like "drive on street following the lines" are still hardcoded. Yes the markings, signs and other cars etc. are recognized by "AI" but the rest isn't controlled by "AI". There are still hardcoded things leftover at important places which aren't true in all cases - especially when things get dangerous.

Of course everyone is confused but people can still deal with it and don't need to block the street completely.

isn't lack of marking solved by simply following the structure of the street? i.e. stay on the same side. if there is an intersection, then stop and study what other cars do.

If you want to be "afraid" go look at human driving accident statistics.
Even if widespread self-driving cars end up a total disaster they'll still probably be less of a disaster than human drivers have been for the past century.
There is nothing of value to offer in favor of human drivers, they are terrible at what they do by any objective standard. A couple thousand additional people died in car accidents while were having this discussion.

>not uploading your consciousness in 2050
you played yourself, user

I like thinkfish :)

artificial intelligence is first a philosophical obstacle for humanity before a technical one. it is theoretically possible but it would completely redefine the concept we have about humanity itself

>AI is a mem-

what the fuck

>Roko's Basilisk
That's assuming people understand the AIs motivations. Roko's Basilisk is a Reddit tier belief.

Holy shit.