Why lol

You have no proof he exists

Faith is not evidence of God

Speculation of where we came from is not evidence of God

Church is not evidence of God

Leap of faith is not evidence of God

"Open your heart to God and you will know" is not evidence of God

A book written by sandniggers is not evidence of God

Give me one (1) piece of demonstrable evidence and I will change my mind.

ONE. That's all I ask

this thread was posted by an /x/ christian, DO NOT reply to it

ad hominem

I don't believe, but I wish I did. It seems like it would be so comforting to have the whole "meaning" thing worked out.

>"Open your heart to God and you will know" is not evidence of God

Yes it is. We can only verify truth through our senses. If you do not allow yourself to sense God you will not verify his existence. If you are blind you cannot verify light. If you are deaf you cannot verify sound.

>God is a tangible sensory object

Prove this.

Open your heart.

Just open your heart bro

this is sincere
this is ironic

kill yourself #1

see

Is that your to do list ?

Fuck off Reddit

What, see an ad hominem?

Revelation. Christ revealed Himself and His truth to me in August 2012, when I was 24 years old.

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." - Matthew 7:7

h-ck off OP

Anecdotal spurious tales are not evidence of God.

>LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

Are you quoting yourself?

seek truth, learn about the false god who imprisoned your soul within a realm of flesh and torture

What makes you believe that?

Are you an etheist?

Why lol

You have no proof God doesn't exist.

Atheism is not evidence of absence of higher beings.

Give me on (1) piece of demonstrable evidence that God doesn't exist and I will change my mind.

ONE. That's all I ask.

The evidence he doesnt exist is there is no evidence he does

h-ck off OP

No evidence for tying someone to a murder doesn't mean the murder wasn't committed by that person necessarily

false equivalence fallacy

false equivalence fallacy

sorry the murder took place as there is evidence for that, god didnt

The scary thing about scientific materialism is falsification. Every scientific fact must have a test that could prove it false, otherwise you have no means of determining truth/falsehood.

But when something can't be falsified, when there is no test you could put to it, it is a mistake to assume that thing is false. It is simply undeterminable, neither true nor false.

Even more frightening, that many things were believed to be scientific fact, but were later disproven or altered radically (Newton to Einstien, Spontaneous Generation to the Conservation of Matter/Energy).

Believing in Scientism is admit that, in all likelihood, you currently believe things to be true that in the future will be disproven and rendered false.

None of this is an argument for God. I don't believe in him. But your certainty in Science should disturb you, not give you solace.

nice supposition fallacy

Maybe the body is missing, could be dead, could be alive, but it is indeterminable

both posts were suppositions anyway you dense fuck

>There's no evidence of God

Haha

>evidence is good
>proof is good
*tips reddit gold*
Fuck off with your meme >muh fallibility

You implied that one knew of a murder that had happened. You are now changing the facts. This isn't crim law 101, if the factfinders didn't find the guy guilty then the prosecutor needs to do a better job.

The murder in this case is the beginnings of life and the universe. Who is responsible?

>Fuck off with your meme >muh fallibility

It's an important distinction. Take two different kings, one Christian and one a Scientist.

The Christian King decrees a policy, using the best knowledge he holds to be true, and it leads to famine. In the end, it was his own arrogance and faith in his (false) divine authority that led him to the disasterous outcome for his people.

Take the Scientist King, who similarly decrees a police, using the best knowledge he believes to be true, and the result is famine.

The Christian King couldn't concieve that he might be wrong, and pushes ahead leading to a famine.

The Scientist King knows he could be wrong, but pushes ahead with the policy, because its the best policy his limited knowledge leads him to.

Who is more evil? The Christian King with his absurd belief in his infallibility? Or the Scientist King, who knowing he is fallible, acts anyway.

One is ignorant of his own ignorance. The other knows he must be ignorant, but can't be certain to what extent.

Again, I don't believe in any deities, but Science isn't something I could stand behind either.

This is by far the worst thread on this board right now

>le christian is bad
>le science man is good
Fuck off.

Maybe I'm getting baited, but I don't think you understood my argument.

They're both bad.

Neither can save you.

No, you depicted one as le smartie good guy and the other as le evil stupid chrisden whitey devil

Save you from what? Why does that matter?

>all the reddit spacing in this thread
atheists confirmed redditors

Seriously it's embarrassing

Well my intention was to show that both positions are insane. One is ignorant overconfidence, the other arrogant acceptance of "well this is the best I can do, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

>Save you from what? Why does that matter?
Save us from suffering and ignorance and pain. This is literally the only thing that should ever matter and there is no hope.

>Hehehe ! I have a peeeeeeeeeeeeNIS! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! IM A BIG WILLY THUNDER BOY! :333333333
>i willies willies willies FLOP FLOP FLOP
>penis hahaha
this

Wow your so enlightened le smarty genius man middle ground face
>vice:
Never finishing you're shit
>vice:
Finishing your shit weeks in advance and giving lots of time to revise and correct
>virtue:
Finishing your shit the night before or paying somebody to finish it for you
ARISTOTLE WAS SO SMART OMG!
>Save us from suffering and ignorance and pain. This is literally the only thing that should ever matter and there is no hope.
t. Letzter Mensch

Here is a LOGICAL demonstration of how AMAZING AND PERFECT agnosticism is:
>vice
Not paying off your debts
>vice
Paying off your debts in whole
>virtue
Paying off your debts just enough to prevent repossession, slavery, or being forced to sell your little sister into prostitution, and spending the rest on heroin
AH... THE GENIUS OF THE ANCIENTS...! BEFORE MODERN SUPERSTITION!...

Is there really any point to trying to cut someone down if they do or do not believe in a higher power? It's ultimately impossible to prove, as it's likely that even if there is a higher power, we're unlikely to understand him/her/it/xer/thonthon. Provided it isn't completely outrageous, what's the harm in practicing theism on an individual level?

hi guys I'm OP!
no christian has ever tried to think rationally about religion because religious people are fucking stupid haha scientific thought began when the natural philosopher Richard Dawkins wrote the manifesto "The God Delusion" against the catholic church who tortured atheist women in middle ages, please read this masterpiece and educate yourself
also look at this pícture of the galaxies and shit like it's so deep