Non-meme Stirner thread

What does Stirner mean when he refers to "his property".

Among actual things, goals and people I've also seen him ascribe it to his own characteristics.

In Stirner's view are one's characteristics mutable i.e. could he reject certain qualities he finds undesirable?

Your house.

Things that are inside your realm of possibilities

Descartes' res extensa

how about you read your fucking book stirner wrote about yourself instead of making this thread

Yeah you've got it.

And yes, so long as "you" find it undesirable. If it actually is you, then no.

I am you spastic faggot

fuck you bitch how does it feel to be my property bitch?

>refers to "his property".
An approach to objects and ideas - seeing them not as higher or to be served yourself but tools/items to fulfill yourself or be disposed of.

>In Stirner's view are one's characteristics mutable

Yes, you can become spooked by what was once your property if you make consistency with the past your master.

the ego is a spook

>I am you
You are beginning to understand.

That meme is shit tbqh desu. Stirner believed in altruism himself, since he enjoyed loving people.

Yeah but OTOH you "can" do anything. You just won't, realistically speaking, want to.

Altruism isn't the same thing as loving people, idiot. Altruism entails self-sacrifice, while Stirner recognized that to love someone one must necessarily be around to do the loving: there is no sacrifice involved.

His property is anything he acquires through legal means. For example, if he went into a shop and gave the shopkeeper an agreed upon sum of money in exchange for one of the shopkeeper's items, that item, once the money was given over to the shopkeeper, would be Stirner's property. But it doesn't only apply to small items. Even a house could be considered his property so long as he paid for it and paid property taxes. Hope this helps.

It is literally the definition of unhelpful and misinformative. Good job failing to understand the concept of egoistic property.

Look, none of us, not even Stirner, gets to choose what property is. There's a system in place. You and Stirner don't like it? Too bad. That's the way it is. Liberals, man...

>Whoever knows how to take, to defend, the thing, to him belongs property.
>What I have in my power, that is my own. So long as I assert myself as holder, I am the proprietor of the thing.
>I do not step shyly back from your property, but look upon it always as my property, in which I respect nothing. Pray do the like with what you call my property!

might makes right op

Might makes right means there is no right, only might. Not even might is right.

I know its a shitty meme made by someone who hasnt read him, I just used it to attract attention to the post.

Poor form user, its a technical term. What you are doing is akin to telling someone that observer in quantum mechanics means some person watching.

might makes (property) right

I am might and you belong to me, bitch

I might bitch you