Should I read it?

Should I read it?

live it

unironically yes

Ja

It's worth a read if your only knowledge of Hitler and his life comes from high school history teachers talking out their ass

After you get to Vienna you will put it down. Without considering the ideology, it just isnt very well written.

First part is worth reading, with the second part ymmv. Depends how interested you are in NS ideology and political strategy.

Pic related if pretty good if you liked the biographical part.

No, Uncle Adolf will suck your soul if you do, use the pages to wipe your asshole like a civilized, non-nazi would.

Nah. Hitler's personal views aren't all that important. Its not like people turn to it for insight. They turn to it to see how crazy he was./

bad post

Table Talk is better Hitler
Neither are particularly good though

Yes. I'm about a third of the way through, and it's surprisingly relevant for our times. That grasping for renewal in a time of imperial decay...

He is not a good writer, though. It would be a much more effective book if he related his anecdotes directly, rather than diluting them into generalities -- lots of "if a man should" "when one sees" and the like. Just tell the story.

Isn't that every teacher?

>all of these unironic Nazis in this thread

Don't read books written by evil psychopaths.

The problem with Mein Kampf is that it is nearly impossible to give any valid criticism or praise to it other than the writing style since the ideas and person are so demonized.

Yes, read Stalag if you want it closer to the original.

>worrying about offending normies

For historical value, if you want to. It's a pretty shit piece of literature though. Not really beneficial in anyway, only to see how insane the cunt was.

Aren't pretty much all coherent parts written by someone other than Hitler?

i could not get past the first few pages of jerking of other despotic morons egos.

It was actually all written by Rudolf Hess. While in prison Hitler would pace around ranting amd Hess would record what he said with a typewriter. The words are Hitler's own, they were just dictated. That is why the style is so shit: it was spoken rather than written.

Listening to a nazi opinion doesn't make you a nazi. The only people who fear ideas are people who are insecure in their own ideas.

Thinking about reading it also OP. Not sure which edition to get. I've looked and it appears the Ford translation is the best. Can anybody in here chime in on this?

Are you implying we should... burn such evil literature?

Does evil believe it is evil or does it believe it is righteous?

Define 'evil'

well can one really?

actually laughed at this

yes read it, all knowledge regardless whether it is useful to human life , is important

Of course you should read it, OP. Read it for the same reason that I wish to read it; to get a personal insight as to just how fucked Hitler was in the head.

>Don't read books written by evil psychopaths.
Why?

why is everyone so excited about this, its just a really bad written book.

Because they're Nazis, Lucifer.

Sure, if you fancy a waste of two hours.