>Chinese """"""""""philosophy""""""""""

He died like a bitch in a war using all these ideas.

>Western """"philosophy""""

butthurt chink detected

I'm Jewish all our philosophy is eternally vindicated by Christianity.

I just hate the Greeks.

You are not a jew. You are a human being with a jew mind.

What did I say to deserve these insults?

It's literally what it says on the cover. Your fault for expecting it to be a philosophical treatise, pleb.

You are creating barrier between you and the reality of your existence. You are creating barrier between you and other humans. Your identity is in your mind.

>Chinese war """"""""""strategy""""""""""

Hey I can play this game too

There is no barrier between you and other humans because other humans only exist within you. You share nothing with them, they are simply a quality of you. If my identity is in my mind, so are you, and everyone else. Even if one may be a mistaken construct on my part it is no less substantial.

This has nothing to do with him thinking he is some kind of elected person Who has god on his side while he gives loans with interests

Agreed.

Ming jiao hu wong lingzi wo shi ri.

We live in a society that has killed god and buried him. His grave is tended but it won't be long until its forgotten.

Philosophy as a concept is an inherently Western tradition. No such thing as "Chinese philosophy". You can call it wisdom or whatever, but its not philosophy.

This is the "Asian philosophy isn't a big canonical conversation like it is in the west" thing, right?

I've heard this a lot but I find it very hard to believe. Well, all ridiculously broad statements are hard to believe, but this one even moreso. China had a vast literary tradition which absolutely conversed with itself -- why not philosophy, too?

He wouldn't know, user, he's just a memester on the interwebs.

Do we even know how much literature was lost thanks to Mao and his cultural revolution?

Mao dindu nuffin. The cultural aspects of the cultural revolution are greatly exaggerated by the butthurt Taiwanese, who, among other things, actually claim that their shitty writing is better than simplified.

Obviously lots and lots of people died.

It'a because it developed completely separately. Philosophy started with the Greeks and has been continously developing from there ever since. The Chinese had their own cultural sphere which developed on its own, with no influence from the West until very recently.

Just to clarify, I'm not try to be an edgy racist memster. Arab and Persian Muslim thinkers, for example, are also philosophers.

Buddhists worship Herakles and the Buddha is a Christian saint.

More generally, Christianity reached China, and Buddhism reached Greece.

Sure there were some contacts and influences, and you even had some very influential philosophers like Leibniz who were hardcore sinaboos, but the two more or less developed separately.

As for Buddha being saint, so is like almost every other pagan deity out there. And those who aren't are demons. That's just a Christian thing.

Army officer here, the books is good. It's pretty obvious stuff for nowdays, but back then it was probably revolutionary