ITT:

ITT:

Last three books you read
Secretly insane thing you do
Number of people you have had sex with

>Concrete Island, J.G. Ballard
>Ready Player One, Ernest Cline
>Money, Martin Amis
>when no one is listening say stuff like "fart on yourself you dumb Jew" in high-pitched Mickey Mouse voice
>5

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-9j45h78JeI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Baudrillard's The Perfect Crime
Virilio's Negative Horizon
Part of the CCRU archive
Sometimes when I'm alone I mutter phrases like "reptile rapist", generally there is some alliteration. I have no idea where I get these phrases.
3 people sexed with me

> Blink - Gladwell,
> Book of Talent - Coyle
> Devil's Detective - Unsworth
(please don't judge my choices, they are all free from my wife, she works at Penguin)

> Believe the holocaust is a hoax

> 21

>The Forever War
>Altered Carbon
>Contact
>Arson
>sex

This is the best thread I have read on lit and its only 3 posts

>Mukiwa
>A Hero of Our Time
>Incidents of Travel in Yucatan, Vol 2
>I have intrusive thoughts regarding suicide by hanging about every 2 hours
>6

Aristotle's Poetics
Hans Fallada's Alone in Berlin
Italo Calvino's Invisible Cities

I feel the need to wash my hands an even amount of times after going to the toilet and I get anxious when I know people don't wash their hands in my own house. I also hold little conversations with myself about movies I just watched etc.

Holding conversations with yourself isn't so insane, lots of people do it

>Suttree
>A History of the English-Speaking Peoples
>The Last Season
>When I'm in the shower, I like to hum the theme to the Pink Panther and in a totally non-sexual way pretend my cock is the slide on the trombone
>2

The Face of Another
Queer

If there is a bad smell in public or class or something like that, I will always worry that people will think it is myself who is stinking up the place, even though I'm very hygienic.

y'know if i was freud i would probably suggest that is totally sexual bro but nah it's fine you probs don't fantasise about horse cock ramming butts

Don Delillo Players
Stoner John Williams
Underworld Don Delillo

I compulsively wash my face with cold water.

>Lolita
>Stoner
>Notes from Underground

>I clip my fingernails every day

>3

Zen and the Art of MM
Meditations

I've been pissing in cups and bottles the past few nights because I've been staying up late and don't want to wake my roommate.

>1

Jane Eyre
Lady Audley's Secret
Let it Rain Coffee

but how can you do that when you won't have fingernails left

also dude shelley duvall used to be so pretty in that dorky way, that girl needs serious help now ;_;

dude what the fuck just use the toilet it's right there we all gotta go sometime he'll understand and forgive you for using the toilet at night but he will fuckin freak if he sees you have piss bottles what the fuck dude cmon man get your piss game on point this is weak my man wtf

end thyself

>On The Divine Images-- St. John of Damascus
>Gifts Of the Desert-- Kyriacos Markides
>Praying with Icons-- Jim Forest

I talk to myself about reforming the college system, random topics on whatever, discuss my life and how I should've done it. Also, job hunting, but that creates insanity.

0 sex partners.

Just go full desert hermit.

It's mainly from exercising at night combined with drinking beer. If I work out then go buy a 40 to drink at night I'm pissing every 20 min. Just need to manage my time better.

I'm almost tempted to join a monastery.
I think God has other plans for me, I dunno. Need to pray on this more.

>Master and Margarita
>Pedro Paramo
>Demian

>I talk to myself, or rather, I think out loud.
>Always self-sabotage any potential for making friends/gfs by telling everyone I like being alone or don't like doing so'n'so activity.

>0

I just can't stop digging myself deeper into my grave, Veeky Forums. I think I have agoraphobia.

John Rechy - City of Night, China Miéville - The Last Days of New Paris, Michel Houellebecq - The Map and the Territory
I do lots of weird things but I don't really keep them secret.
Around 20.

Agoraphobia is the true patrician's phobia.

>The Mote in God's Eye
>Virtual Light
>Idoru
I never add cold milk to coffee. I always heat it up first.
I think 9 or 10, but about half were whores.

One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich
Snow Country & Thousand Cranes
To the Lighthouse

I fantasise about various tragedies befalling me or my family and friends, imagining how much more interesting my life would be.

How was Pedro Paramo?

You're starting on All Tomorrow's Parties next, right?

>Journey to Ixtlan, by Carlos Castaneda
>Confederacy of Dunces, by John Kennedy Toole
>Empire, by Antonio Negri and Michael Hardt
>I talk to myself in short bursts when not concentrated on something often with my girlfriend in the same room; I also believe, with the utmost certainty, in the existence of presence in the darkness, eldritch "intelligences" ordaining our reality and in chaos magick's sigils
>5 I guess

How did you like those three tomes? At some point or another, they were all near the top of my reading list. Wanted to get into Virilio for a while, what's a good jump off point?

>and in chaos magick's sigils

Shadilay, brother?

>Il cavaliere inesistente, Italo Calvino
>Grande Sertão: Veredas, Guimarães Rosa
>Livro do Desassossego, Fernando Pessoa

>I like to run around my house while pretending to be some sort of courier in an important mission

>1

Halfway through it. It's starting to get spicy!

hello fellow deni/x/en

Comfiest ghost story I've read so far. Feels like most other places portray ghosts as some evil and hostile entity. Here, they're just like normal people that happen to be dead and haven't been able to move on for whatever reason. Sill very much human.

Only problem for me was that I read it in Spanish, and my vocabulary isn't as good as it could be, so I feel that held me back from understanding certain parts.

Here's the black and white 60's film adaptation for when you're done reading it.
youtu.be/-9j45h78JeI

Sublime Object of Ideology, the Ziz
Schroedinger's Cat Trilogy, RAWilson
The Stranger, Camus

I tear the fuck out of the skin on the tips of my fingers, There's usually 2-3 fingers that are bleeding at any given time and when one heals I move on to a new one

2 people

/x/ has gone to shit in the last couple of years, the degenerative process that pollutes everything on this site appears to work faster there. Sad, really, but the only reason to go there anymore is the Library.

>Schroedinger's Cat Trilogy, RAWilson
how does that compare with his other stuff, if you've read it?

Clavell's Shogun,
Dumas' CoMC,
Faulkner's As I Lay Dying

I almost always shower after I poop

Submission
Immaterialism
A Poetry Handbook

Intentionally lucid dream about fucking my friend's gfs

Over 30

>Last three books you read
Selected poetry - Milosz
Dos Crimenes - Jorge Ibargüengoitia
À rebours - Joris-Karl Huysmans
>Secretly insane thing you do
I like to run around the house making weird noises and battle chants and pretend I'm a space pirate or ninja bear or some stupid shit and fight my way to the final boss
>Number of people you have had sex with
20+

One day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich- Solzhenitsyn
Meditations- Aurelius
The Rising Tide of Colour- Stoddard

Always put as little effort as possible into things, except when helping others, to convince myself that I have more potential than I do. pathologically lie to people I care about to make myself sound better, even if it's just via misleading implications or my aforementioned fault. Beat myself no less than five times with a belt before or after taking a shower in the morning.

0, believe it or not

How did you like A Rebours? Have been meaning to give it a twirl for the last few years, along with "De Lautremont's" Maldoror

>Iliad, Gilgamesh, Don Quixote
>Talk to dead people, like Chingiz Khan or Pu Songling (in my imagination, obviously)
>5 (all of them prostitutes)

I am enlightened.

I would highly recommend it, I usually avoid any book that revolve around aristocratic families and that period of time but he manages to capture the human condition in a neat way, also
it's a bit depressing at times but I like that

>0, believe it or not
it's not really a crazy statement, desu

Wtf I'm just like you, except the belt thingy. May I ask why?

>diary of an oxygen thief by user
>stuck up by John Dolan
>babbling corpse by Grafton Tanner
>talk to myself about other peoples pets I see on the street
>20ish if you mean penetration

Oh I'm 18 btw

I just feel like that's relevant to the last point.

>Talk to dead people, like Chingiz Khan
that's fun, but not really enlightned

Chingiz Khan says you're a faggot.

>the Conservatarian Manifesto, the 10,000 year explosion, short story comps
>walk around alone in the woods expecting to run into this girl i fell in love with even though she lives far away and won't respond to my texts
>6
how do we trade lives man, srs question

>21
Dude's probably in an open relationship with his wife, intentionally or not.

That, or he's too old to post here.

>How did you like those three tomes? At some point or another, they were all near the top of my reading list. Wanted to get into Virilio for a while, what's a good jump off point?
Negative Horizon is the only Virilio book I've read so far. It is pretty interesting and delves into a kind of anthropology of his theory of Dromology, a philosophy that understands humanity and evolution/technology through increasing speed and decreasing distance.

The introduction to my copy was completely dense and unintelligble, I suspect the translator was trying to arrive at some kind of poetic synthesis of the book's theories, but it made very little sense. So you might want to skip the introduction if your copy has one.

The Perfect Crime is an amazing book, I've read it 3 times now. Its not a good introduction to Baudrillard's theory of Simulation, but it's probably his best developed version of the theory. Start with Simulations and Simulacra to understand his theory of simulation, but the Transparency of Evil is probably the best overall introduction to his theory.

the CCRU archive.... has some gems. I haven't finished it. But the Lemurian Time War essay on Burroughs has radically changed my opinions on the possibilities for framing both critical theory and art making. Hyperstition is probably an insane idea, but I'm still exploring it.

>Solaris
>Perdido Street Station
>Roadside Picnic

>I have this strange coping mechanism when i fuck up something up: i lie to myself (by not placing the responsibility of said fuck up on myself) so i don't have to feel bad, then i internally acknowledge that i'm lying to myself so i don't feel bad about lying to myself, then i recognize the fact that i'm not feeling bad anymore because of aforementioned acknowledgement as a bad thing, and at the end i stop caring about the original fuck up. I can't say it doesn't work, but after the whole process i'm left with a feeling of Weltschmerz.

>1

Apparently, Negative Horizon is one of the few books I can't get via my library, which is a shame. I'l try some of his other texts, as
>philosophy that understands humanity and evolution/technology through increasing speed and decreasing distance.
this is my jam. One thing I'll say, the anglo people writing an introduction to whatever "big book" of continental philosophy usually manage to be the lonngest winded, most obscure bastards this side of pure synesthesia.

As far as Baudrillard goes, I think I have a decent grip of his theories though I've yet to read a few of his books. Would you say that Fatal Strategies comes before or after The Perfect Crime?

Shit, I forgot there was (at least) an essay on Burroughs in that cornucopia of weirdness. I have to come back to it. Is there anyone still working on Hyperstition and the likes? In the last couple of years, it seemed like the entirety of the "aleternative" philosophical blogo/article-sphere collapsed in ignominy.

siddartha
grey aliens are harvesting our souls
im a clinical pyschopath
..over 150

It makes me feel less I guess, or think less, I've always did something of that nature when I take on too much stress or disappoint myself

Meant it as a joke, amicus meus

>Madame Bovary - Flaubert
> Everyman dies alone - Hans Fallada
>The Emigrants - W.G. Sebald
>I honestly can't think of anything
>1

>Would you say that Fatal Strategies comes before or after The Perfect Crime?
I've only read an excerpt of Fatal Strategies, so I couldn't say. But if you haven't read any of Baudrillard, I'd recommend reading Simulation and Simulacra, then The Transparency of Evil, then the Perfect Crime, then Impossible Exchange. Those feel like key texts, but Cool Memories, America and the Conspiracy of Art are also interesting books, if not key to his theory.

>Is there anyone still working on Hyperstition and the likes? In the last couple of years, it seemed like the entirety of the "aleternative" philosophical blogo/article-sphere collapsed in ignominy.
I have no idea, I know very little about the CCRU and it's off shoots. I grabbed some pdfs recently of Fanged Noumena, Nihil Unbound, Cyclonopedia and some other stuff I'm forgetting. It's currently on my reading list to sort out.

Enochian magic foe beginners by tyson, magick law by crowley and dostoyewski bright nights

nothing, im conservative and pretty normal

>sex

around 6

>nothing, im conservative and pretty normal
you should be troubled by this. You surely do something very unusual and hide it from others. If you can't recognize it, you may be hiding it from yourself.

I used to shit with the toilet seat up. I did this for years, recongizing it was wrong, but not really being conscious of it at the same time. It wasn't until the age fo 24 I really recognized it fully, saw it head on.

Latro in the Mist ( reread)
Foucalt's order of things
In search of silence, delany's journals.

Believe that I am the chosen one, the smartest. During the week I stay upstairs in an 85 year old ladies house near where I work, but I own a house 2 hours away. Her 55 year old son clogs up the toilet downstairs with his poop all the time so i just pee in bottles and don't poo there, to avoid opening the toilet and seeing a turd.

>The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, Edward Gibbon.
>The Prince, Machiavelli.
>The King in Yellow, Robert Chambers.

>I suck my thumb sometimes as I'm falling asleep like a child. No idea why I do it, probably a comfort thing.

>1

>1984, Lolita, Life: The Movie

>I occasionally spazz the fuck out, intentionally. Just flail my limbs and scream for 2-3 minutes.

>4

>King Lear, Shakes (>book)
>Housekeeping, Marilynne Robinson
>The Making of Americans, Gertrude Stein

>I poop naked and wipe standing up

>4

>Under the Dome by Stephen King
>The Demon Lover by Robin Morgan
>The Plague by Camus

>Constantly imagine how various people would react to the news of my death, and how they would behave at my funeral

>7

why are there always so many people posting these intro to Veeky Forums books? you'd thing people on this board would be actually interested in literature and not college kids who want to start reading "serious" books to prove to themselves they can.

The Recognitions by William Gaddis
The Court Society by Norbert Elias
Gutenberg Galaxy by Marshall McLuhan

I pray

I don't know how many people I've had sex with. Over 100...

Because OP asked what the last 3 books I read were, not what 3 books would make me look best in the eyes of anonymous autistics who I will never meet. Also, I enjoy re-reading the classics. Sue me.

>what 3 books would make me look best in the eyes of anonymous autistics who I will never meet

that's my point, people play it safe with 1984 and lolita which just seems strange

>The Name Of The Game Is Kidnapping
>So You've Been Publicly Shamed
>Universal Harvester

>whistling to get my cat to claw at my face

>1

The 42nd Parallel by John Dos Passos
Omon Ra by Victor Pelevin
Dead Souls by Nikolai Gogol
I have incredibly specific patterns with where I walk on sidewalks, probably autism, but can conceal it very well
11 people if we're talking strictly intercourse

I'm the guy who said he read 1984 and Lolita, because it's literally 2 of the last three books I read. Before that I read The Art of Immersion by Frank Rose, and before that Anyone You Want Me to Be by John Douglas.

>Morphine - Mikhail Bulgakov
>Norwood - Charles Portis
>Virgin Suicides - Jeffrey Eugenides

I sing to my pet bird with made up lyrics to the Sandford and Son theme.

>Land to Light On by Dionne Brand
>A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller Jr.
>Humans and Other beasts
Been reading a lot of poetry lately.

>I haven't told my psychiatrist yet but I think I might have schizophrenia

>2

>all these non virgins
Maybe I should've pursued a Veeky Forums life, not a Veeky Forums one...

>The Feminine Mystique
>Thermal Delight in Architecture
>Lolita

While walking around, I imagine shooting people

0 :^)

>Giovanni's Room
>Tortilla Flat
>The Brothers Karamazov

I compulsively check the mail three or four times a day, even on Sundays and holidays, and even if I've already gotten the mail and i know it's empty

>5

>Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, Ulysses, Crime & Punishment
>pluck my pubic hairs, each one, as a form of meditation
>3

>Mason & Dixon, Robinson Crusoe, Great Gatsby
>Nothing, I even have a certificate proving I'm sane
>15

I have many issues when it comes to interacting with people in real life but most of the time I listen to loud music, thing, dance, produce and vidya. Pretty average

>The Name of the Rose - Eco
>An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth - Hadfield
>The Sheltering Sky - Bowles
>whenever I walk by someone either old, frail or disabled I wonder how I would go about attacking them, if I should kick them down or punch their face in
>6

Ringworld, by Larry Niven
The Complete Essays, by Montaigne
Faust, by Goethe

I count everything. Like, insanely so. For example, I know how many keys are on my keyboard and count them in new ways sometimes.

>Number of people you have had sex with

>Atlas Shrugged
>The Instructions
>Pride and Prejudice

>Sometimes I look myself in the mirror while making art and give myself pep talks

>1 but she's something else

>The Death of Socrates
>Gravity's Rainbow
>Ajax
>I have a pretty vivid imagination and cycle through different imaginary lives, or storylines that I've made up, in my free time. These aren't just single scenarios like a regular daydream, they are fleshed out and I have a lot of fun just imagining, and have done this since I was a child.
>you know the answer ;_;

>A Canticle for Leibowitz
>Psychopathology of Everyday Life
>Exodus

>I have social anxiety, I either think everyone on the street is glaring and laughing at me or I get lost in a vivid, detailed reverie about choking and violently fucking some random girl I see on the street. I recognize it as a revenge/power fantasy related to the anxiety.

>One (1)

not telling

>this girl i fell in love with even though she lives far away and won't respond to my texts
That's some next level cringe, and makes the next line of your post seem rather unlikely

kek

> Fear by Thich Nhat Han
> No Longer Human by Osuma Dazai
> 1984 by Orwell
> unironically use the word " Jew " as an insult
> 11
> 21 years old

> Fallout
> Foundation and Earth
> The Chrysalids
> Masturbate
> Lost count

>Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
>No Longer Human by Osamu Dazai
>The Pigeon by Patrick Suskind
>I make sim date games of mass murderers. No one is allowed to play them but me.
>0

>why are there always so many people posting these intro to Veeky Forums books?
Because a large proportion of Veeky Forums's demographic are around eighteen years old.

As for "playing it safe" -- you know, sometimes people really do read the books everyone thinks you're meant to read.

dear god, i thought that was Old Age Dave Lister for a moment.

>wage labour and capital by karl marx
>good old neon by david foster wallace
>i have no mouth and i must scream by harlan ellison
>i pick my skin off compulsively and count everything while clicking my tongue and blinking hard and fast compulsively
>i lost my virginity exactly 34 days ago

> not using Jew as an insult

Don't worry you're a patrician

>Invitation to a Beheading, Vladimir Nobakov
>Notes from the Underground, Fyodor Dostoyevsky
>Kafka on the Shore, Haruki Murakami

>Bought a shit ton of Pepe stickers, sticking them all over the Antifa/communist/gender/etc stickers at uni of all the far left student groups
>Now they're looking for the 'right-wing-sticker-nazi'
>Know it's dumb, but it makes me giggle like a little faggot

>2

>Pepe stickers

Classic smug Pepe or a rare variety?

I hope you're doing it because they're a bunch of faggots, and not because you're a massive faggot.

>Golden Temple by Mishima
>Magic Mountain by Mann
>Malte Laurids Brigge by Rilke

>Write, consider suicide

>Zero

How's the Pigeon? I found an old copy that I didn't know I owned, was thinking about reading it.