Do you agree, /sci?

Only maths people please. Science fags get out

Do we really need another of these when was full of nothing but shit

What's the point of this. What meaningful discussion do you hope to incite when 99% of Veeky Forums isn't familiar with any of these guys' work

Well I'm asking those who are familiar with it. Some people who are will see this post.

Voevodsky is not alive as of 2017.

he died in 2017,which means he was, brainlet

Why the fuck is Perelman so low?

Because throughout his whole life he only managed to come up with 1 noteworthy proof and pathetically burned out after that. Sure he's talented, but weak and immoral.

t. brainlet

This is some of the most incredible specifically targeted bait I’ve ever seen.

Sage

Wow this thread definitely isn't just undergrads running their mouths to seem intelligent.

*this board

FTFY

Baiting about what specifically? I unironically 100% agree with the list.

>Wiles - Very Good

>Kontsevich and Lurie that low

Clearly OP is angry he can't into derived geometry

The difference between Wiles and Perelman is that Wiles also proved the main conjecture of Iwasawa theory and currently still works and teaches other people, while Perelman is still an arrogant cuck like he was 20 years ago.

Below average isn't THAT bad, it's below average among the best of mathematicians. If every mathematician was to be included in the list, Veeky Forums wouldn't be able to read it.

>Mirzakhani
>Voevodsky
>alive
user...

Nice work not reading the thread. The list is of people who are/were alive "as of 2017". Learn to read, brainlet.

You could argue that a lot of Lurie's work is just redeveloping the work of others into a more unified framework, but Kontsevich is far more important than multiple people above him.

how so?

>he only managed to come up with 1 noteworthy proof and pathetically burned out after that.
kys for making this terrible thread

>The difference between Wiles and Perelman is that Wiles also proved the main conjecture of Iwasawa theory and currently still works and teaches other people, while Perelman is still an arrogant cuck like he was 20 years ago.
*reads Wikipedia pages once*

...is there actually a mathematician named Tits?

simply epic isn't it /b/rother

T R I G G E R E D

Please leave Veeky Forums and never come back

interesting. where is Zelmanov?

> Langlands and Conway that low
> Gowels that high

no, just giving you advice